Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Blood Raider elites do not generally mix with the rest of the Sani Sabik? (The Burning Life, p. 50)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Cause and Effect  (Read 14233 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Cause and Effect
« Reply #75 on: 27 Feb 2012, 16:50 »

I have this bizarre problem with Mass Effect 1 - no matter what graphics or resolution changes I make - setting it high or low - they remain crappy, smudged and of poor clarity. Quite frankly the game looks horrible. I know it can look considerably better than this because I've played it in the past (on a shittier PC even) with better graphics. Has anyone run into something similar and found a fix for it? This is really degrading my enjoyment of the game at this point.

Try making the changes directly in the config files. Also, use the launcher if you have it available. I had trouble recently getting ME1 to run at native resolution on my 1920x1080 display until I used the launcher, and I know I fixed the problem once before that by fiddling with the config file.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #76 on: 27 Feb 2012, 17:22 »

ME 1 suffers from terrible graphic definition and more annoyingly a horrid UI.

I finally just finished the ME1 part of my playthrough (ok I'm 59 instead of 60 but fuckit) and starting ME2 just made me cry tears of joy as to how much better it is.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #77 on: 27 Feb 2012, 19:55 »

I have this bizarre problem with Mass Effect 1 - no matter what graphics or resolution changes I make - setting it high or low - they remain crappy, smudged and of poor clarity. Quite frankly the game looks horrible. I know it can look considerably better than this because I've played it in the past (on a shittier PC even) with better graphics. Has anyone run into something similar and found a fix for it? This is really degrading my enjoyment of the game at this point.

Try making the changes directly in the config files. Also, use the launcher if you have it available. I had trouble recently getting ME1 to run at native resolution on my 1920x1080 display until I used the launcher, and I know I fixed the problem once before that by fiddling with the config file.

I'll try this. Weird thing is, I can try to swap weapons in the manager page in-game and there is this brief moment just when the weapon changes when the graphics improves considerably to it's top capable setting - showing an amazing difference - and then drops back down to shit. I keep changing weapons back and forth and just gaze in dis-belief at the absurd difference. If altering configuration files won't change anything I'll just have to grit my teeth and bare with it until I hit ME2. One thing is sure though, if it don't change this will be the absolute last time I play through ME1.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #78 on: 27 Feb 2012, 20:12 »

I used that fancy high-def texture pack, but I'm guessing your problem is something else...

(Interestingly, I only had to load it once...I got frustrated at how long it took to open and put the original .exe back in its place, but the textures stayed pretty.)
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #79 on: 28 Feb 2012, 12:43 »

ME1 is a terribad console portage, very hungry in resources and not optimized at all. When I played it the first time it started by a systematic crash after 1 min of cutscene tied to a nvidia driver fatal error, that had to be fixed by using an EXTREMLY OLD version of the driver waiting for them to patch it.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #80 on: 28 Feb 2012, 14:39 »

So I've been playing with the Multiplayer.

Oh god Krogan soldiers <33333
For me it's a Human Engineer...

...with an Avenger X.  :eek:

Carnage + Shotgun pretty much solves all situations. I can see Vega being my third person on my team with Garrus and Shep in single player, it's THAT good.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #81 on: 29 Feb 2012, 07:41 »

For anyone in the UK who had an order through Game/Gamestation. They will not be stocking ME3, or any other new EA title after SSX this week.

Had to ring them up myself to confirm this, having to order elsewhere  :bash:

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #82 on: 29 Feb 2012, 14:57 »

ME1 is a terribad console portage, very hungry in resources and not optimized at all. When I played it the first time it started by a systematic crash after 1 min of cutscene tied to a nvidia driver fatal error, that had to be fixed by using an EXTREMLY OLD version of the driver waiting for them to patch it.

Ah hah.  Hahahaha.  Hah.  Hah.

Sorry, I'm getting horrible flashbacks of Metal Gear Solid 2...

After the horror of trying to play that on PC, I'll forgive ME anything.  At least the controls work.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #83 on: 29 Feb 2012, 17:34 »

Metal Gear Solid 2 had Raiden. EVERYONE gets horrible flashbacks.

MGS1 had a great PC port though.

(MGS 3D out in 2 weeks in EU! \o/)

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #84 on: 01 Mar 2012, 04:12 »

Having played console ports like TFU (no mouse support, utterly, utterly unstable) and Halo 2 (lol newer versions of windows), I think Mass Effect is pretty good in the grand scheme of things.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #85 on: 03 Mar 2012, 13:21 »

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #86 on: 03 Mar 2012, 16:50 »

I've already told my boss I havent been feeling well recently in preparation for next weeks release...
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #87 on: 03 Mar 2012, 16:57 »

I've already told my boss I havent been feeling well recently in preparation for next weeks release...

I found you a stand in
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #88 on: 03 Mar 2012, 18:39 »

I found you a stand in

He's far too cute to pass for me...
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #89 on: 03 Mar 2012, 20:05 »

My motherboard and graphics card conspired to self destruct together today.

I won't be getting that PC back till the 19th,  :bash: /repeat
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8