Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That ship crews only perform cleanup, maintenance, and lower-order operations on ships? (The Burning Life p 31)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: So, CCP Dropbear appears to have dropped a hint...  (Read 18896 times)

Kaito Haakkainen

• Wetgraver
  • May have skimmed the Book of Emptiness
Re: So, CCP Dropbear appears to have dropped a hint...
« Reply #90 on: 07 Apr 2011, 03:41 »

What about EoM? Weren't they slated to be the big bad before the Sansha? How do they fit with SoE and SoCT?
If I recall correctly, PF for the EoM states that they learned "something" about the EVE Gate that turned them from good Amarrian choir boys into the "Death for Everybody!" terrorists we all know and love.

Yups.

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Equilibrium_of_Mankind

Kenpachi

• Clonejack
« Reply #91 on: 07 Apr 2011, 05:22 »

What about EoM? Weren't they slated to be the big bad before the Sansha? How do they fit with SoE and SoCT?
If I recall correctly, PF for the EoM states that they learned "something" about the EVE Gate that turned them from good Amarrian choir boys into the "Death for Everybody!" terrorists we all know and love.

Yups.

Makes me wonder what they found out....

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #92 on: 07 Apr 2011, 06:31 »

Yups.

Makes me wonder what they found out....

something that the SOCT is going through a lot of trouble to keep a secret. Something revealed by wormhole space. If we know where to look.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Amann Karris

« Reply #93 on: 07 Apr 2011, 08:23 »

something that the SOCT is going through a lot of trouble to keep a secret. Something revealed by wormhole space. If we know where to look.
The funny thing?  They don't have to do a thing when all is said and done.  The conversation in Anoikis is quite accurate.  However:

(The End of the World series; not going to link all those directly)
The Vitrauze Project
Anoikis
Depth of Field
Ante

Look at everything I've posted as the groundwork.  The real story is in the four chronicles linked above and End of the World; read them in that order.  Or, better yet, in reverse order, and then work your way back.  You might even want to work in Blind Auction.

As to a 'Grand Conspiracy'?  No.  There isn't one.  It's a group of people working towards congruous goals trying to cover their tracks and acting towards their own advantage.  Everyone trying to outmaneuver everyone else.  The SoE, Syndicate, SCT, Amarr...

...I never assume a conspiracy when human nature more than explains most patterns of complicity as they emerge.  So if we're using Occam's Razor as a measuring rod, my best guess would be to go in reverse order with the chronicles above and work back from there.  It's the most logical way to go about it, wouldn't you agree?  From there, once you understand the New Eden side, look at the W-space side.

I think that everything can be answered rather succinctly by working that method.  All the evidence is there, and to be fair I'm not even playing the game anymore!  I'm not invested in the answer one way or the other.  I just find it to be a fascinating little mystery. :)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #94 on: 07 Apr 2011, 08:37 »

Amann, ready to come back and do some RP with us? ;)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #95 on: 07 Apr 2011, 09:02 »

I agree that you definitely should. Maybe try making an entirely new character, unrelated to Nikiruu or Amann or any of that shenanigans, and just try to have fun in a different way.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #96 on: 07 Apr 2011, 18:35 »

Honestly I havn't read the whole thread, but I don't think this has been menctioned before.  Not a solution, but a piece or two I think.

Ishukone knows something about this, to the point they have been in a wormhole system before anyone else, probably just once, and certain high placed people know this. 

Reason/Speculation:
The chrons Anoikis, Depth of Field, and Ante that Amann linked point to this, saying that Ishukone has experience, or would want data from wormhole systems.  This implies that Ishukone knows something about it, but that they also want to know more, so whatever access they had gave them a taste for something there and then cut off.

Ishukone has been known to be able to control Rogue Drones to the point of getting permission from a Rogue Drone hive to access the Insorum in TEA.  Later, the Blood Raiders gained more absolute access to a Rogue Drone facility processing Isogen-5 (in the End of the World series).  This implies that Isogen-5 and Insorum were both made by the Rogue Drones and stored for some reason, and that, with the link between Isogen-5 and wormholes, that Rogue Drones are related somehow to the Sleepers.  Therefore, a bit shaky, but you can follow the chain that Ishukone might know about Sleepers and the wormholes. 

Second piece:
CreoDron and the Sisters of Eve/Serps both found out about Wormholes after Ishukone, but I think knew something about them before they opened up for everyone.

Reason/Speculation:
Once wormholes open up, these two seem very quick off the mark to rush into them, though they seem to not know exactly what they are looking for, see the gift shuttle and Anoikis.  The shuttle was released to quickly and to purpose built for wormhole exploration and getting all that data back to SOE/Serps for them to not have known anything.  CreoDron was similary quick to jump in from Anoikis.  This implies they knew something good was there, something worth being ready for a chance.  Maybe they found out something from Ishukone.  Also, someone told the Blood Raiders, and Ishukone doesn't strike me as a prime suspect for that, so the more people that know means the more people to tell them. 

Just those two pieces, but hopefully someone else can build on them.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #97 on: 08 Apr 2011, 03:28 »

In my opinion rogues drones were not creating the isogen 5 but only gathering it. It is mentionned that a lot of hidden stashes of isogen 5 in New Eden detonated at the same time when Jamyl superabaddonofd00m exploded. I suppose, knowing that the SCT gave to the blooder a code to control the rogue drones surrounding the abaddon, and that the SCT was not able to get there in person according to the text, they might have sent the drones to cover the Abaddon and feed it with isogen 5. All they needed was someone to pick up the ship and bring it to Roua.

So I think the isogen 5 stashes were probably a known mean to open wormholes and that might be how the sleepers or the ancient race of whatever left New Eden for Anoikis. The isogen 5 supplies here and there were probably remnants of this era. Or maybe an offered hidden path to follow ?

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #98 on: 08 Apr 2011, 07:18 »

Honestly I havn't read the whole thread, but I don't think this has been menctioned before.  Not a solution, but a piece or two I think.

Ishukone knows something about this, to the point they have been in a wormhole system before anyone else, probably just once, and certain high placed people know this. 

Reason/Speculation:
The chrons Anoikis, Depth of Field, and Ante that Amann linked point to this, saying that Ishukone has experience, or would want data from wormhole systems.  This implies that Ishukone knows something about it, but that they also want to know more, so whatever access they had gave them a taste for something there and then cut off.

Ishukone has been known to be able to control Rogue Drones to the point of getting permission from a Rogue Drone hive to access the Insorum in TEA.  Later, the Blood Raiders gained more absolute access to a Rogue Drone facility processing Isogen-5 (in the End of the World series).  This implies that Isogen-5 and Insorum were both made by the Rogue Drones and stored for some reason, and that, with the link between Isogen-5 and wormholes, that Rogue Drones are related somehow to the Sleepers.  Therefore, a bit shaky, but you can follow the chain that Ishukone might know about Sleepers and the wormholes. 

The name of the Ishukone-aligned (Rogue) Drone AI does heavily hint that Ishukone knows a whole lot more about artificial intelligence systems than they admit or anyone would believe. It may even be that it's not a true rogue system, but instead a reverse-engineered and somewhat "domesticated" drone hive. So, in addition to the SOCT, Ishukone also has some of the code that can be used to reprogram the drones. Or, remembering Ishukone-Jove trade, most famously the capsule, it might be that Ishukone traded something to the Jove/SOCT for this knowledge. (TCMCs, assuming the more advanced ones are an Ishukone development, would be a very good candidate. After all, a TCMC might offer a possible treatment for the Jovian Disease.)

DrizzCat

• Amarrian Loyalist
  • Wetgraver
    • Bastet's Organization of Mining
« Reply #99 on: 08 Apr 2011, 11:32 »

(TCMCs, assuming the more advanced ones are an Ishukone development, would be a very good candidate. After all, a TCMC might offer a possible treatment for the Jovian Disease.)

Has anyone Explored this line of thinking yet?  We may have hit on something here.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #100 on: 08 Apr 2011, 12:07 »

Zainou biotech is part of Ishukone.

A biotech company founded by the eccentric Todo Kirkinen, the first man to have his mind transferred into a machine.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #101 on: 08 Apr 2011, 14:23 »

I would find it weird that a caldari high tech manufacturer, even if very advanced, was able to do something a far more advanced race like the jove is not able to do. But why not.

DrizzCat

• Amarrian Loyalist
  • Wetgraver
    • Bastet's Organization of Mining
« Reply #102 on: 08 Apr 2011, 14:54 »

Maybe it's not a field that the Jove have ever looked into.  Why Mechanically Alter someones though process when they have used genetics to do it for countless years. They may not have even had the tech to produce that kind of hardware.

Sometimes when you spend alot of time specalizing in a single field you loose the ability to work outside of it. 

Now the real question is would the TCMCs actually work on their brains - or would they be used as a starting point to produce something that does?

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #103 on: 08 Apr 2011, 17:03 »

Maybe it's not a field that the Jove have ever looked into.  Why Mechanically Alter someones though process when they have used genetics to do it for countless years. They may not have even had the tech to produce that kind of hardware.

Sometimes when you spend alot of time specalizing in a single field you loose the ability to work outside of it. 

Now the real question is would the TCMCs actually work on their brains - or would they be used as a starting point to produce something that does?

Raises a good point here.

It's worthwhile to note that while the Jovians are technically capable to achieve things, they may not have had the necessary research to do them. Or, more importantly, the practical experience in a real world environment.

It stands to reason TCMCs, which are designed to work on contemporary human brains, would need an augmented form to interact with a Jovian's. Their physiology in the brain has been dramatically altered (see the Academy for Aggressive Behavior).
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Amann Karris

« Reply #104 on: 09 Apr 2011, 03:13 »

Reason/Speculation:
Crielere.

Everyone's missing that one, huge piece.
;)

There's something else you're missing, an important piece.

If the ships in Sleeper space are not of Sleeper origin, and The Mirror has information on their construction, why isn't there information in the Archive?  I think there is; and it's the answer to why the Drones are able to harvest the fuel for the Superweapon.  It's the craziest, yet most logical answer there is:

They're based on something Terran.   :twisted:

[spoiler]Europa Yards Consortium[/spoiler]

1.1-3.3 Digital Backup Library
3.4-3.5 Terran Artifacts
4.1 Theories of the EVE Gate
5.1 Talocan Technology
6.1-6.9 Emergent Ideologies

Also, what loot do Drones drop?  If you want a link to Ishukone, I'll give you another big hint:

Crielere.

What would be the limitations of a self-replicating drone in making copies of itself?  Available materials.

I'm sure this will all be taken completely wrong, and the connections won't be made, but I see the links in my head.  I'm just terrible at explaining them.  :oops: 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8