Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Achura has been part of the State for three centuries? For more, read here.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: So, CCP Dropbear appears to have dropped a hint...  (Read 18897 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: So, CCP Dropbear appears to have dropped a hint...
« Reply #75 on: 06 Apr 2011, 14:28 »

Answers as mysterious as the mystery itself.

I'm sorry, I really don't have the time to decode your posts, read through your links, and ensure I thoroughly comprehend them, to get at what may or may not be your actual meaning. Could you please make your statements more plainly.

You clearly haven't known Amann very long, have you?

To answer what I think he's driving at (and Amann poek me if I'm going off in completely incorrect directions.

Why would someone store the information that is available within The Mirror, as well as keep such sites secret?

the answer to this, is obvious, that they aren't confident in its long term maintenance in other areas. I'm going off the theory that the mirror is a sort of backup, and its data is mirrored onto other sites as the need arises, a central repository for the kitz out of which outlying datacentres are constructed. Its the hub, if you will. What were they studying? Everything the SOCT was studying, because they were the SOCT. And Amann is right, they couldn't have kept WH space a secret for as long as they did, and when they finally got out, they would have needed high level connections to hold it down further. Frankly, they needed eyes everywhere. They needed CONCORD.

Something to consider is that both the rogue drones and the sleepers really aren't that old in terms of time around. And they seemed to be working for a purpose contrary to that of what the end of the world series seems to point out. Why is there a need to use the blooders to get the superweapon, if they already had it parked in their base? This is where I think we see the beginnings of the Sansha resurgance.

So the answer to who is using the mirror...well, at a guess, Sansha Kuvakei

Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #76 on: 06 Apr 2011, 14:39 »

Honestly, Sansha is probably a latecomer to this. I think that, at least to begin, the Sansha and Sleeper storylines were not connected (though they might have become so later on).

DrizzCat

• Amarrian Loyalist
  • Wetgraver
    • Bastet's Organization of Mining
« Reply #77 on: 06 Apr 2011, 14:51 »

The Foundation Series of Books written by Asimov put forward the premis that everything on a broad wide view can be predicted via math, and that this secretive group of humans and robots are guiding humankind along this path for the most optimal results for everyone involved.  

Within this group is a 2nd even more secret group that in the event that the primary group was discovered and disbanded/destroyed/what ever else would still allow for the over all grand plan to be followed.  

And Within that group is a Single Robot that semi-self created and accepted the 0th Law of Robotics.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_robotics#Zeroth_Law_added) that prevents humanity from coming to over all harm by action or inaction.

So What I'm thinking is that the SoCT is the OVer all Main Group that is just now being discovered for their hand in guiding humanity along a specific path, the Mirror may be the first signs of a smaller group in the first group set in place as a backup and we discovered it as well.  This leads to Who or What is that 3rd group over seeing the other 2?

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #78 on: 06 Apr 2011, 18:24 »

So what does Enlil Bel have to do with it all?
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #79 on: 06 Apr 2011, 18:43 »

CREEPIEST. MISSION. EVAR.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #80 on: 06 Apr 2011, 19:09 »

CREEPIEST. MISSION. EVAR.

AND AWESOMEST.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Amann Karris

« Reply #81 on: 06 Apr 2011, 20:25 »

My job here is done.   ;)

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #82 on: 06 Apr 2011, 20:48 »

I refuse to play your game! I shall return to ignoring the entire arcane metaplot!
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #83 on: 06 Apr 2011, 20:51 »

Ask yourself how this will help you get more exotic dancers.

Amann Karris

« Reply #84 on: 06 Apr 2011, 21:32 »

I refuse to play your game! I shall return to ignoring the entire arcane metaplot!
What's Arcane?  SoCT is afraid they'll get caught with their hand in the cookie jar yet again.  What's arcane about that?  It's human nature; I did something wrong, I don't want to get caught, let's hide it all.

CCP?  They're just towing a line, throwing in misdirection, and keeping the story interesting.  Well they were at least.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #85 on: 07 Apr 2011, 00:16 »

I refuse to believe that CCP would be awesome on purpose.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #86 on: 07 Apr 2011, 02:16 »

Too many 'maybe's and 'perhaps' strung together throughout this thread. Now we're atop a giant tower of supposition.

Kenpachi

• Clonejack
« Reply #87 on: 07 Apr 2011, 03:03 »

What about EoM? Weren't they slated to be the big bad before the Sansha? How do they fit with SoE and SoCT?

Amann Karris

« Reply #88 on: 07 Apr 2011, 03:35 »

What about EoM? Weren't they slated to be the big bad before the Sansha? How do they fit with SoE and SoCT?
If I recall correctly, PF for the EoM states that they learned "something" about the EVE Gate that turned them from good Amarrian choir boys into the "Death for Everybody!" terrorists we all know and love.

Kaito Haakkainen

• Wetgraver
  • May have skimmed the Book of Emptiness
« Reply #89 on: 07 Apr 2011, 03:39 »

Too many 'maybe's and 'perhaps' strung together throughout this thread. Now we're atop a giant tower of supposition.

This.

As much as it ties things together to have it all be a grand conspiracy I have two problems with this.

Quote from: CCP Dropbear
It's not as all-involving a "conspiracy" as you're getting at there, although perhaps the implications are`without saying too much.
http://www.eve-search.com/thread/1314015/author/CCP#2

And Occams Razor suggesting the reason it's all abandoned there is that there was an outbreak (quarantine area site) and an evacuation (evacuation centre site). I currently believe the SCT want their hands on the Sleeper data and the only reason that would be a concern is if it were data they are not supposed to have. Tying that in with the Hyper-Consciousness Agenda, their association with the Book of Emptiness, and Jovian opposition to the Order, all seems to point to one thing: Ascension. But note that this is apt to be wrong and my ideas "evolve" almost every time I look through the information we have. Consider it a simple alternative to a highly complex idea.

[Post was going to be longer but RL calls]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8