Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Band of Brothers killed the first titan in EVE?

Author Topic: Re: Banning from IC channels for IC reasons  (Read 825 times)

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
Re: Banning from IC channels for IC reasons
« on: 23 Mar 2011, 09:42 »

I really have to assume that people don't want to address points, or acknowledge that they've comprehended them.
[mod]No, you don't. People are not obliged to respond to your points, respond to your points in a particular way, or respond in a way that you feels shows a specific way of comprehending them.[/mod]

The mechanics are simple enough. The security are told to prevent the people in question access to the place and voila...
Security is routinely overcome in the wider world as well as in storytelling. The characters involved can likely to overcome any given secure point if they choose to peruse it.
There's a difference between a totally public channel, say, and one for an express purpose for a relatively limited audience. And that goes even further when the channel is intended to represent a physical location, where the management may well have a "persona non grata" list.
Please demonstrate the difference, with regards to how one party with access to the same technologies and resources as another may be kept out of a given location flawlessly.
I may well like a player, but that doesn't directly imply that her character that shoots at mine would be welcomed into my salon where we discuss the intricacies of the latest developments on the front.
So you like a specific party enough to roleplay with them mechanically, but you personally have encountered no parties that you would also like to have interpersonal conflicts with as well as mechanical ones? I find that hard to believe in your case, and impossible to extend to the rest of the playerbase.
However, if you want all the venues for conflict to trend towards IGS and private conversations and perhaps fixedly public channels - if you want to be able to make your character feel perfectly safe in as dark an environment as that of New Eden - you go ahead and do that. I'll leave you to deal with the inconveniently mismatched themes by yourself if you're happy with having one less source of potential consequence for your own character.[mod]Please avoid 'ur doin' it wrong'. There are a variety of valid approaches to RP. Please don't suggest other players are lying.[/mod]
« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2011, 10:00 by Silver Night »

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: Banning from IC channels for IC reasons
« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2011, 10:01 »

[mod]Please review the rules and FAQ.[/mod]