Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Fiery Kernite once led to an epic bar brawl in the Syndicate, leading it to be called "Rage Stone"?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: EVE Templar One - Now on Amazon!  (Read 16316 times)

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
Re: EVE Templar One - Now on Amazon!
« Reply #75 on: 08 Jan 2012, 04:11 »

More like "mega's needling each other out of lucrative military contracts" amirite?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #76 on: 08 Jan 2012, 05:03 »

The Wyvern made me smile. Megas workin' together. :P

The Wyvern made me facepalm. Less than 2000 officers/crew, including flight ops for the bombers/fighters, for a non-capsuleer loadout? (And barely more than half that for a capsuleer loadout?)

lolwut?
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #77 on: 08 Jan 2012, 06:24 »

The Wyvern made me smile. Megas workin' together. :P

The Wyvern made me facepalm. Less than 2000 officers/crew, including flight ops for the bombers/fighters, for a non-capsuleer loadout? (And barely more than half that for a capsuleer loadout?)

lolwut?

I was running under the impression is was 1153 Officer Plus Crew, which seemed a bit more um- to scale.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #78 on: 08 Jan 2012, 06:40 »

English sucks. This is why I am a fan of using xor in conversation - I think we may be needing an xand as well, because it's definitely not clear what the point is in going "here's the number of officers, there's some number of crew as well but we're not gonna tell you how many of those there are."
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #79 on: 08 Jan 2012, 10:05 »

More like "mega's needling each other out of lucrative military contracts" amirite?

In a large Navy project with multiple complicated systems gives the opportunity for one of the megacorps to be an integrating contract.  Instead of building everything (somethings they lack expertise in), it is cheaper for the integrating contractor to buy the parts from other companies.

Northrop-Grumman gets the contract (because they own the shipyard able to build the hull), Bechtel builds the reactors, the Radar is built by Raytheon, the launch system is built by General Atomics.  The carrier's fighters are built by Boeing, Lockheed Martin or anther sub-division of Northrop-Grumman.

The same can be applied to the fighters in many cases.

Oh wait, we are talking about New Eden...

Still makes sense, especially if non-capsuleers attempt to source from relatively local sources to minimize the cost of logistics.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #80 on: 08 Jan 2012, 18:48 »

Of course, I long for Muck Raker to use this book for some awesome "sensationalism" reports that no one will believe. The Empress taking part in drug fuelled lesbian orgies?

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=55440&find=unread

Confirming Muck Raker reads Backstage.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #81 on: 08 Jan 2012, 19:09 »

Of course, I long for Muck Raker to use this book for some awesome "sensationalism" reports that no one will believe. The Empress taking part in drug fuelled lesbian orgies?

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=55440&find=unread

Confirming Muck Raker reads Backstage.

Huzzah!
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #82 on: 08 Jan 2012, 20:25 »

And all that was potentially good about this horrible horrible pointless throwaway plot angle has now been used.

I love whoever Muck Raker is, and owe them a drink one day.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #83 on: 08 Jan 2012, 21:06 »

Yeah, i won't be reading this. I read the last few, and I've seen fan-fiction of higher caliber than what's produced thus far. No amount of PF is going to inspire me on this..

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #84 on: 09 Jan 2012, 08:34 »

[spoiler]a terran station was constructed "14,000 years before the closure of the EVE Gate"[/spoiler]

also, new scriptures, book of trials
\o/

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #85 on: 09 Jan 2012, 10:23 »

[spoiler]a terran station was constructed "14,000 years before the closure of the EVE Gate"[/spoiler]

Seriously. Can't one just read the bloody established PF, good grief.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #86 on: 09 Jan 2012, 17:30 »

If the book has PF that nobody in the game can know about, does it add to the PF?

This is kind of like the tree falling in the woods kind of thing...

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #87 on: 09 Jan 2012, 18:10 »

If the book has PF that nobody in the game can know about, does it add to the PF?

This is kind of like the tree falling in the woods kind of thing...

I suppose we could treat both this and The Empyrean Age as works of fiction in an IC context.

Fiction that, for some reason, the NPC's it depicts haven't seen fit to object to. Maybe to preserved their dignity?
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #88 on: 09 Jan 2012, 22:49 »

I feel like Tony's mistake is writing an EVE book for people who don't play EVE.

An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #89 on: 10 Jan 2012, 00:13 »

I feel like Tony's mistake is writing an EVE book for people who don't play EVE.

I think this is an important point.   

Look at Dune or The Lord of The Rings.  They just went with it, incredibly dense, and didn't stop to explain as they went along....and had extensive documentation at the end of the book if you weren't familiar or wanted to know more about x, y, and z, or so-and-so's family history, or how this particular object works.

Eve is absolutely rich enough for the same approach.  Include an appendix, site it as you tell the story. 

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8