Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hared Loudier is a former Quafe employee who once claimed an entire stockpile of Quafe beverages vanished through a wormhole before his eyes.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: November Wine, Brew & Spirits Tasting at the Golden Masque  (Read 2460 times)

Lunarisse Aspenstar

This is a survey of interest for capsuleers who may wish to participate in a wine and brew tasting event to be held at 20:00 on November 8th of this year at the Golden Masque. The event and its participants will be subject to the usual rules and arrangements of conduct, security, and access with respect to the Venue

This should be an unparalleled opportunity to taste a variety of vintages and brews from across the Cluster!

Any interested providers or sponsors should contact me off IGS via mail for discussion and screening.

Lord Lucas Raholan has already graciously agreed to make available his inaugural Chenin Blanc Raholan for tasting.

A time and date will be provided once the final arrangements are set. My thanks in Advance to Lady Steward Morwen Lagann for allowing her venue to be used for this Event.

[modified for date]
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2014, 08:36 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

Lunarisse Aspenstar

*bump* and due to certain requests it's expanded to include spirits.
However, only 3 people are interested in being providers or sponsors (which let's you say you have a "space" where you can offer drinks or sponsor info and use that as an excuse to rp with people who come up to you).
« Last Edit: 13 Sep 2014, 11:57 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

Lunarisse Aspenstar

Updated to set time at 20:00 November 8th to try get across timezones.  We'll see.

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette

where is Horatius Caul?!?

* Mitara Newelle is out of whiskey.
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Lyn Farel

You kicked him out the last time  :lol:

Jace

• Veteran

I may be getting a new job (interview tomorrow). If I do get it, I will be able to start coming to events on the weekends. So if that happens, I will probably show up.

Anyanka Funk

I may be getting a new job (interview tomorrow). If I do get it, I will be able to start coming to events on the weekends. So if that happens, I will probably show up.

Good luck!

Quintrala

• Speed Fairy
  • Wetgraver
  • Summer is coming
    • Speed Fairy Blog

I apologise for the late contribution and I certainly hope this small token arrives in time for your celebration at the Golden Masque (where these will be directly delivered to your name).

On behalf of the Saint Croix family from Auvergne and the La Croix wineries, I am happy to present you a gift of three cases for your tasting pleasure:

La Croix Doule dos '96 - Grand Vin de Stomeve
Auvergne A.O.C. - Dom Alexandre '86 - Brut
M-Class - Rébellion de l'année 114 - by Charles St. Croix

With kind regards,

Catherine Delorois

La Croix Doule dos '96
Grand Vin de Stomeve
Apéllation d'Origine Stomeve Contrôlée - Château St. Croix
Mise en boteille au Château

The vineyards at the banks of the Stomeve river date back to Garoun Empire times. As a family winery, we understand that growing wine in the cradle of wine making tradition is not a privilege but a rare honour, which we strive to uphold.

Tasting notes (Bouchard, YC 113): "Ruby red, fruity nose with chocolate and berry notes. Strong, yet well-rounded tannins attest to a fair blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Carmenère and Hueromont Creux. A wine on the cusp of something great."

(Personal note: as you can see from the label, La Croix did not expect the environment in Lumi to take a hit as it did during the war. While unfortunate, house St. Croix remains determined that Stomeve wines' best days lay ahead and not behind. In the meantime, please enjoy this 20-year old red - Quin)

Auvergne A.O.C.
Dom Alexandre '86
Brut
Méthode Champenoise

Made according to ancient traditional methods, passed generation to generation. Carefully transforming red grapes into clear white wine, caring for retention of natural sugars and secondary fermentation result in a prestige Auvergne with unique character.

A glass of sparkling Auvergne is synonymous with cheer and celebration, of coming of age, of success, of committing to a special someone. We invite you to join in the cheer. This is the wine, the toast is yours to make.

Tasting notes (de Cortanze, YC 115): "The '86 vintage remains one of the more unusual Alexandres in the last four decades. Not as powerful as the 82 and not as focused as 90, this vintage holds its own with a seductive character and finesse that hints, but will not tell. Citrus and peaches at first, pineapple and ginger notes when aired. If you seek to subtly enhance an occasion and make it unforgettable without overpowering, this is it. No, it is not a spotlight - it is ambience light."

M-Class
Rébellion de l'année 114
by Charles St. Croix

The wayward son of the family is back with a vengeance. Recognising the three elements of winemaking: climate, terroir and wine, young Charles St. Croix set out a few years ago to prove a Grand Wine could be grown under the red glow of an M-Class sun, in regions previously shunned by traditional winemakers and, fittingly, this bottle comes from Metropolis. His rebellion succeeded; you hold the result in your hands.

Tasting notes (Ego, YC 115): "M-Class? Unexpected. Tannins should be way off the scale under a red sun but they are not, there is balance here; this should be diluted and fruity, yet shows complexity and is intense enough to hold its own. I would love to know how Charles did it - congratulations! Fruity, yes, but also chocolate and leather. And pepper, like a Syrah. 115 may be too early to declare success, but I expect great things of this vintage as it ages in years to come."
« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2015, 14:15 by Quintrala »

Lyn Farel

You sure seem to be knowledgeable about that kind of stuff... Or at least, you make me believe you do, because it sounds rather 'genuine' and credible, but I know next to nothing in terms of wines anyway. Great work on those names.  :)

Quintrala

• Speed Fairy
  • Wetgraver
  • Summer is coming
    • Speed Fairy Blog

Thanks! I am Gallentean and I am supposed to know my wines.

((Also, I am the Wiki Witch of the West.  :D  It is all in the Internets and I just send it to spaaaaace!))

Q

Lyn Farel

(( ah yes, of course  :lol: ))

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette

I hope all went well.   Due to some family happening I wasn't able to log in for it :(

Will there be logs posted or no?
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Jandice Ymladris

• Collector of Civilians!
  • Wetgraver
    • Aurora Arcology News

I created an article on the event, which I enjoyed greatly, especially as I'm fond of a good glass of wine. Article also included the New Eden capsuleer writing contest winners.

The Golden Masque Wine tasting & Writing contest

Cheers for the work you put in to organize all this!

[mod]Fixed link. ~Morwen[/mod]
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2014, 15:59 by Morwen Lagann »

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette

I created an article on the event, which I enjoyed greatly, especially as I'm fond of a good glass of wine. Article also included the New Eden capsuleer writing contest winners.

http://aurora-arcology.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-golden-masque-wine-tasting-writing.htmlThe Golden Masque Wine tasting & Writing contest

Link is messed up, fyi.

Cheers for the work you put in to organize all this!

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain

Sucks I missed this. I had planned on attending but with moving house I had a hiccup with our ISP. Hopefully next time.
Pages: [1] 2