Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Khanid and Sansha ships were originally half lasers half missiles split ships?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Event timing (how often do you participate?)  (Read 2843 times)

Makoto Priano

Event timing (how often do you participate?)
« on: 11 Jun 2013, 10:21 »

Hey folks!

So -- how frequently do you all manage to participate in live events in EVE?

I mostly ask because with the Siege of Haatomo in the news, odds are we'll get a large fleet op one of these days, with the very real possibility of someone having a Heth corpse to add to their meat locker.

My guess -- given the size of the potential Provist fleet -- is that it'll be a big weekend event. Unfortunately, this weekend I'll be out of town to meet with my GF's mom about a ring, so I can't even rest on the 'west coast US = no events' crutch.  :lol:

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
Re: Event timing (how often do you participate?)
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jun 2013, 10:35 »

Not a whole lot. I witnessed the battle for Caldari Prime, and I went to the SoCT guy's speech in Yulai.
-OOChé

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jun 2013, 10:40 »

On and off. I missed most of the original "pirate" live events (the angel, guristas raids) and was forced off the field early on during the first Serpentis thing in Rilnais, going on to miss the latter event when the planet was bombarded. Also missed the entire Snipehunt and "clone soldier escape" arcs.

I was trying to go to Cal Prime, but got gatelocked and missed the fun stuff. I did make it to the Republic's cross-border raid, and did manage to make it to the Haatomo thing yesterday.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jun 2013, 10:41 »

Hey folks!

So -- how frequently do you all manage to participate in live events in EVE?

I mostly ask because with the Siege of Haatomo in the news, odds are we'll get a large fleet op one of these days, with the very real possibility of someone having a Heth corpse to add to their meat locker.

My guess -- given the size of the potential Provist fleet -- is that it'll be a big weekend event. Unfortunately, this weekend I'll be out of town to meet with my GF's mom about a ring, so I can't even rest on the 'west coast US = no events' crutch.  :lol:

It's likely not going to be a weekend event - E3 is this week. Also, Heth is not a capsuleer, so there is no corpse to be had.

To answer the actual question, however: rarely, because I have a job and live in the US. Live events are currently extremely schedule-unfriendly to anyone who lives outside of Europe, people who live in the US and works the normal 8/9 to 4/5 shift, or Australians/NZers who have normal sleep schedules.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Makoto Priano

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jun 2013, 10:56 »

Hmm!

Fair point, Morwen -- unless they want another big event to pimp at E3...? ;)

But yes. I work a day job in the US, west coast. The earliest I log on each evening is ~0130hrs, and I'm usually crashing at about 0800hrs to 0900hrs. Even when I can get a full night of gaming in, the best I've managed, event-wise, was poking my head in just after something big happens -- my lunch usually lands between 2030hrs and 2130 hrs.

So. Bleh!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jun 2013, 11:15 »

E3 doesn't go over the weekend, Makoto. It ends on Thursday. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jun 2013, 11:20 »

1. Makkal lives in null.

2. I live in the USA and have a job.

I have never made it to a live event.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Anslol

« Reply #7 on: 11 Jun 2013, 11:37 »

Almost never.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #8 on: 11 Jun 2013, 11:42 »

It varies. Some months I manage to hit all the live events, other months I miss them all. It's rather unpredictable.

Makoto Priano

« Reply #9 on: 11 Jun 2013, 11:50 »

E3 doesn't go over the weekend, Makoto. It ends on Thursday. :P

Shows how much attention I pay. ;)

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #10 on: 11 Jun 2013, 12:01 »

I'd love to participate in them, yet none have taken place in the Empire yet :(

Well, there was the Blood Raider relic stealing one, but that was for DUST, so still a nope for me.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #11 on: 11 Jun 2013, 12:10 »

It really depends, same as makkal, i live in a GMT-4 zone, have a job (and a baby son), so its mostly from 23:00 eve time onwards that i'm able to log in and do stuff.

On weekends it varies, if i know beforehand, then its quite probable to attend, otherwise its hit and miss .....and not all the time i'm looking at the twitter feed just to get evenews.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #12 on: 11 Jun 2013, 13:31 »

I am generally uninvolved personally, as most events are highsec based and or simply unrelated to the Sansha. Relatively speaking, considering how much coverage the Sansha had, I'll probably be in retirement for a good while longer.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Lyn Farel

« Reply #13 on: 11 Jun 2013, 13:54 »

Rarely involved for various reasons, like not always really invested or involved ICly like Ghost, or just because I do not login a lot. Also, I am not a big fan of actually being in a live event... I rather prefer what rises around. Most live events just feel like "2 groups of NPC actors fighting/insulting each other at noon, pick your side".

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #14 on: 12 Jun 2013, 01:12 »

I've been quite a few of late, though I have the opposite problem to the Americans: Being GMT+3 (due to DST), weekday events start a bit late, so I have to pick between leaving when the actors are just about to get started with the smack or sleeping less. Yes, I can sleep easily over ten hours in one go, which means that during weekdays, if I'm up after 1900 EVE, I'll be "sleeping less".
Pages: [1] 2