Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That docked cruisers are held in place with massive clamps on strategic support sections of the ship, and are disengaged with incendiary explosives? (The Burning Life p. 75)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: SISI NAO!  (Read 18658 times)

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
Re: SISI NAO!
« Reply #60 on: 08 Nov 2011, 17:14 »

Yeah, that's pretty sexy.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #61 on: 08 Nov 2011, 17:40 »

Although guns always hitting on the first cycle looks to be a technical limitation, I am interested to know they are forgoing the same graphic for global fleet fights. Visual overload?
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #62 on: 08 Nov 2011, 18:03 »

Seeing CCP cut so many low hanging fruits within such a short time frame makes me think about how I have become used to expect EVE expansions with minimal content and just how much CCP has been putting minimal resources into FiS for a long period of time.

I am not bitter. In fact I am ecstatic with the prospect of so many great features coming up. :D
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #63 on: 08 Nov 2011, 18:58 »

The guns have been doing that since June though, so nothing new.

Wut?

(I also like the tiny little attention to detail in grouped weapons not animating the shots all completely simultaneously - there is a slight ripple fire effect as the guns activate - makes it look a lot more natural).

That.

EDIT: As tweeted by Kyoko, there's a ship spinning counter in hangar view on Sisi now. It's at the center of your screen near the bottom.

EDIT 2: Pic
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2011, 19:36 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #64 on: 08 Nov 2011, 19:29 »

As someone who does Starbase maintenance -YES!

Edit:

And read the Dev comments in the associated thread:

Quote from: CCP Soundwave
Quote from: Ciar Meara
Most important sentence:

"While we're waiting to do a proper rewrite of the starbase system"

Give us a modular POS, like the great flogger of the dead horse in the sky saw in his dreams!

Agree, let's do exactly this.

Quote from: CCP GingerDude
Quote from: Ciar Meara
Most important sentence:

"While we're waiting to do a proper rewrite of the starbase system"

Give us a modular POS, like the great flogger of the dead horse in the sky saw in his dreams!

As a former POS fueler I can only smile at the fact that I don't need a calculator and an excell sheet anymore to fuel a POS and yet another thing in EVE is added that I can say "in the old days you needed to..."

Why, yes, lets.  Maybe not absolutely right now today now, but... yes!

In other words more changes coming to towers in the long run.
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2011, 19:37 by orange »

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #65 on: 08 Nov 2011, 19:47 »

Fuel blocks will save me so much time.. thank you CCP.

:cube:

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #66 on: 08 Nov 2011, 21:06 »

Obviously this is a false color image to show the skin mapping for the ship. You won't be getting pink camouflage Rokhs on TQ.

I'm gonna be Rokhin' those KK colors, baby.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #67 on: 08 Nov 2011, 21:08 »

Oh for fuck's sake, they just need to stop camo-painting spaceships. It looks hideous and makes no sense.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #68 on: 08 Nov 2011, 21:26 »

I don't agree.

Considering space paint makes no difference for color anyways, they can paint it whatever the hell they want to paint it. Individuality, and all that.

EVE does not equal realism. In a realistic space game, the ships would not have windows thanks to vertigo, the ships would not fly like submarines, the ships would probably not be painted at all (or if they were, painted an EM absorbent black), would not have engines running all the time, etc etc etc.

Space Camouflage is just another little flavorful throwback to naval ship combat in EVE, and frankly, I like it. A lot.
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2011, 21:30 by Katrina Oniseki »

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #69 on: 09 Nov 2011, 02:36 »

* Hybrid turret reload time will be 5 seconds.
* Hybrid ammo will be 50% smaller (and turret capacity reduced to keep same number of charges)
* Blaster damage +5% (except XL turrets)
* Railgun tracking +5% (except XL turrets)

..also, Hail falloff penalty will be 25%, not 0%.

Translation:  I wasted a week of training finally getting Large Railgun Spec from 0-4.  And blaster boats are still next to useless for most anything other than killing something completely immobile like a carrier.  Yay, I can track better, but I still can't get close enough to tackle it or actually hit it!

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
« Reply #70 on: 09 Nov 2011, 03:56 »

well I hope they get it (shots missing when they miss) properly fixed for pvp - its pretty epic to be able to plan your evasion paths and manouvers based on enemy heavy weapons twisting out misses in the void.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
« Reply #71 on: 09 Nov 2011, 03:57 »

Seeing CCP cut so many low hanging fruits within such a short time frame makes me think about how I have become used to expect EVE expansions with minimal content and just how much CCP has been putting minimal resources into FiS for a long period of time.

I am not bitter. In fact I am ecstatic with the prospect of so many great features coming up. :D

Another cheer for the unsub protests and jita riots :)

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
« Reply #72 on: 09 Nov 2011, 04:03 »

Oh for fuck's sake, they just need to stop camo-painting spaceships. It looks hideous and makes no sense.

Sure it does,

Sometimes in the middle of a large starship fight when the wild energies and exotic radiation is flooding space in a crescendo of twisted physics and gravitic wake collision the onboard sensors have a lot of trouble locking and engaging specific targets on high wavelength systems. For backup we have little telescopes that lock the guns onto targets up to 250 kilometers away and visual recognition is important. Hence wearing space camo (tm) of the appropriate colour for the nebula and ambient light of the system you are fighting in can be a real advantage to proud space captains blasting away in the void!

Think Wrath of Khan! If Kirk's nemesis had spent a couple of days having the Reliant "mutari nebula scheme" painted then the film would have ended quite differently.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #73 on: 09 Nov 2011, 05:07 »

Kiki Truzhari

• Dirty little space witch
  • Wetgraver
  • No Light! No Light!
« Reply #74 on: 09 Nov 2011, 10:13 »

New and Improved Shadows
Turret 'Missing' Animation

Enjoy.  :)

Okay, that's just dead sexy. I'm actually tempted to try and get Sisi now.
Prohasar man opre pirende - sa muro djiben semas opre chengende
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8