Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that non-capsuleer viewership of the Intergalactic Summit reaches into the hundreds of millions and vehement debates rage within planetary communities based on the positions espoused there by capsuleers.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: SDII and godmodding.  (Read 11965 times)

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
Re: SDII and godmodding.
« Reply #60 on: 09 Oct 2010, 01:02 »

Hypothetical of the day:

Is it godmoding if the NPCs are harming your character's interests?
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #61 on: 09 Oct 2010, 01:46 »

Only if they can't be stopped.

Unless it's being written by CCP (dunno why they are called NPCs), at which point yes.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #62 on: 23 Oct 2010, 07:14 »

ISD Markus Valkynar contacted me yesterday, and we had a very good IC discussion. Quite enjoyed the RP discussion around what is currently going on regarding freedom fascism/pragmatism on the IGS. The topic was focused around MXD's denouncement of the Federation, and Markus here finding out whether this made a big impact on the FDU (which he found out, ultimately didn't)

A snippet from the conversation was...

[ 2010.10.22 16:32:37 ] ISD Markus Valkynar > The leader of said corp implicated you in some "anti-Federation" activities... Namely, some rather illegal actions taken on behalf of secret governmental agencies.
 [ 2010.10.22 16:34:06 ] Seriphyn Inhonores > Anti-Federation as far as his own perceptions and ideals of what the Gallente stand for.
 [ 2010.10.22 16:34:29 ] Seriphyn Inhonores > /emote smirks, "We never were the good guys"
 [ 2010.10.22 16:37:41 ] ISD Markus Valkynar > He asserted that you had performed services for the SDII. Any truth to that?
 [ 2010.10.22 16:40:06 ] Seriphyn Inhonores > I will not deny that I have carried out missions for the SDII in the same capacity as other capsuleers who have also done so.
 [ 2010.10.22 16:40:42 ] Seriphyn Inhonores > The difference is that I relayed "what happens next", as far as mission success goes. I suppose many capsuleers are unaware of the consequences of the missions they complete, and what happens to the people they capture for the governmental organization or corporation
 [ 2010.10.22 16:42:01 ] ISD Markus Valkynar > Ah, so you have performed missions for SDII agents... And in your travels, you have encountered situations in which you had to make such a difficult choice?

What do people think of this then? There was likely to be an IC article if MXD's departure had a significant impact, and it would have been interesting if this was mentioned...does an ISD reporter not barging around claiming SDII interaction never happened give it any legitimacy over other players saying so?

Syylara/Yaansu

• Egger
« Reply #63 on: 23 Oct 2010, 08:23 »

What do people think of this then? There was likely to be an IC article if MXD's departure had a significant impact, and it would have been interesting if this was mentioned...does an ISD reporter not barging around claiming SDII interaction never happened give it any legitimacy over other players saying so?

That would be a no in my book.  People spew strings of lies/inaccurate statements at reporters in real life all the time.  The concept is "we report, you decide".  However, don't get me wrong, I find myself very often wishing journalists had backbones enough to stop a person in their tracks when they are making demonstrably false statements because "you're certainly entitled to your own opinion, but you aren't entitled to your own set of facts".

So again, the fact you didn't get much push back or corrected outright isn't really "evidence" one way or the other.
« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2010, 08:40 by Syylara/Yaansu »

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #64 on: 23 Oct 2010, 10:40 »

Well, this traces back the conversation a few pages, but you RP a Mordu's Agent, no? So I hardly see the offence  ;)

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #65 on: 23 Oct 2010, 11:24 »

It's the ISD.

Syylara/Yaansu

• Egger
« Reply #66 on: 23 Oct 2010, 12:10 »

Well, this traces back the conversation a few pages, but you RP a Mordu's Agent, no? So I hardly see the offence  ;)

I, the player, do not see validity in the idea that an ISD reporter not challenging a statement as constituting an endorsement of its accuracy.  IC perspectives of believing or not believing those statements are equally valid whether they actually took place or not (some people will not believe you even if you did/some people will believe you did even if you didn't).

Ultimately, if we didn't have things like this to disagree about, how much fun would our discussions be? :9
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]