EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > Player Driven Content

The Sansha Schools of Thought

<< < (2/9) > >>

Lillith Blackheart:
...this thread will be my downfall.

Addendum:

I think you have the two "Primary Views of thought" incorrectly set out in general, because by the way you have it focussed the primary disagreement is the True program, and I don't think that there is really much contention in that. Part of being a Sansha is accepting the True program at this point in time. If you do not accept the True program, then I would argue you are not a Sansha, you are a Utopianist. Which the Nation is a part of, but that is very little of the aspect of the Nation in general.

Secondly, I think that the difference is between the Conquest versus the Society.

I would suggest the two schools of thought break down more into whether or not someone wants to be a Pirate and general rabble-rouser, or they want to Rebuild the Nation. What are they fighting for? Are they fighting for the Nation? Are they trying to build Sansha's vision? Or are they looking for an excuse to yell really loud and blow as much up as possible?

I would suggest that one of those is Sansha. The other is not.

Lillith Blackheart:

--- Quote from: Havohej on 17 Apr 2010, 08:53 ---The impression I always got was somewhere in between the two extremes: The Nation wanted to be left alone while it perfected itself, but once it reached its utopian perfection it would reach out and start perfecting the rest of the cluster, by force if necessary.
--- End quote ---

I do not find that to be evidenced anywhere in the PF that is available (when the new book comes out or whatever, is it already?, that may change). Sansha did not strike me as a conqueror, he may easily have become one later, however.

--- Quote ---That opinion's based on very little, though - I never searched very hard for Sansha-related PF so there may be stuff I missed :p

--- End quote ---

There's never been a lot of PF about it, most of the stuff about Sansha that's out there has primarily been player driven.

Casiella:
The Burning Life is out and it does have a good bit about the Nation. I won't put any spoilers in this thread, but you should probably read it.

Havohej:

--- Quote from: Lillith Blackheart on 17 Apr 2010, 08:57 ---I do not find that to be evidenced anywhere in the PF that is available

--- End quote ---

Well no, not evidenced.. just seemed kinda implied.

Interested to see what all is in the Burning Life novel - I won't be buying it until it hits paperback, though because I'm poor and stuff.   :P

Misan:
It actually is in paperback...$10 on Amazon

--- Quote from: Casiella on 17 Apr 2010, 09:04 ---The Burning Life is out and it does have a good bit about the Nation. I won't put any spoilers in this thread, but you should probably read it.

--- End quote ---

That's what the spoiler tags are for!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version