EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > Player Driven Content

The Sansha Schools of Thought

(1/9) > >>

Ghost Hunter:
As a long time Sansha roleplayer, I've noticed two distinct schools of thought that are involved in Sansha roleplay.

Edit; This is entirely my own observation of the Sansha roleplay environment and not necessarily mainstream canon.

For those who do not know who or what Sansha's Nation is, please look here for a general overview of its history.

The Primary School of Thought

The primary school of thought, or the Path of the True Sansha, is the one that is closest and central to Sansha's Nation's "canon" design.

Typically those involved in this path believe:

* Sansha Kuvakei's vision is the one and only future for mankind
* The True Slaves are permissible/admirable/desirable or otherwise a quality worth keeping
* The Nation must be rebuilt and fulfill Sansha's will (which I infer from canon as galactic domination)
This path can thusly be seen as that of the dominator, imperialist, or conqueror.

The Secondary School of Thought

The secondary school of thought, or the Path of the Reformist, is the one I have seen most Sansha roleplayers center their roleplay on.

Typically those involved in this path believe:

* Sansha Kuvakei's vision is one worth striving for, but he was deeply flawed in how he wanted to achieve it
* The True Slave technology is abhorrent and must be abolished/destroyed
* The Nation needs to be rebuilt, but not in the way that destroyed it (Sansha's unrestricted experiments, the True Slaves, expansionism, etc)
This path can thusly be seen as that of the utopianist, pacifist, or forgiver.

The two schools and their differences

There is a definite friction/conflict between these two schools as they take Sansha's Nation in complete opposite directions. Those from the Path of the True Sansha most likely desire a return to the Nation's former glory and a renewed galactic war to destroy all the other Empires in New Eden. Those on the Path of the Reformist would want to rebuild the Nation and achieve humanity's technological future without instigating a galactic war.

The two schools and their similarities

Although they are at complete odds with how the ruined Nation should progress in the future, both the schools are largely the same on every other front. Both believe in Sansha's vision of a technological human future (akin to the Jovian's and their human genetic path). Both believe the Nation can return to its former glory, both believe in the superiority of Sansha's vision, so on so forth.

Ending commentary

Although I feel I cover both schools of thought enough for people to "get the gist of", do let me know if I should add in more defining information.

Ashar Kor-Azor:
Very decent work there, Ghost.

What should also probably be covered is some sort of snapshot of what the hell kind of condition the nation's in; and not just its core states but also far-flung outposts in the hands of splinter groups like Traumark or the worlds of Esoteria, or the role played by raving, slavering beasts like Chelm, who probably eats babies for breakfast and kills everything around him whenever he's not getting chewed on by a capsuleer.

You know, a sort of primer on Sansha.

Graelyn:
Great post.  8)

Also, quite interested in the stuff Ashar is talking about above.

Lillith Blackheart:
....I really can't not reply, no matter how much I may want to. . .

--- Quote ---Sansha Kuvakei's vision is the one and only future for mankind
The True Slaves are permissible/admirable/desirable or otherwise a quality worth keeping
The Nation must be rebuilt and fulfill Sansha's will (which I infer from canon as galactic domination)
--- End quote ---

The bolded ones I disagree with. Especially the second one, but in part the first. I never got from Canon that Sansha's Nation was ever a conquering group. Sansha built Sansha's Nation to get away from the failings of Empires and create a "true" Utopia in the vision he had of how it should be. He experimented on people and in doing so created a Dystopian society that, for anyone visiting or living there, would be entirely unnoticed unless they were "in the know" of what was going on.

Sansha's Nation expanded because he was buying up star systems people didn't want anymore. It grew because people heard how great it was to live there and moved on in. They were not conquesting or assaulting anywhere, not until they were attacked. The Empires went after Sansha, not the other way around. Claiming that "Galactic Domination" is part of Sansha's vision seems to me to be something that belongs in the second group, not the first.

Sansha's Vision was about the Empires leaving them the fuck alone, not about taking over space. They didn't start working on that until they were fighting for their very existence.

As for the first part. My gripe is with "one and only". I would replace it with "best".

Havohej:
The impression I always got was somewhere in between the two extremes: The Nation wanted to be left alone while it perfected itself, but once it reached its utopian perfection it would reach out and start perfecting the rest of the cluster, by force if necessary.

That opinion's based on very little, though - I never searched very hard for Sansha-related PF so there may be stuff I missed :p

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version