Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Society for the Conservation of State Traditions is a fiercly nationalistic Caldari lobbyist organization that unleashed a scathing rebuke of PIE Inc. pilot Kostantin Mort in late YC106.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Baby crazy  (Read 8219 times)

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
Re: Baby crazy
« Reply #60 on: 15 Nov 2013, 20:31 »

Ruby has two hundred children, and she loves every one of them.  :)
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Xepharious

• Egger
  • Building a home, one word at a time
    • What is you Origin Story?
« Reply #61 on: 19 Nov 2013, 20:02 »

I am conciously choosing this thread as my first real post in backstage, I'm not sure if that says something about me.

This topic is one that is actualy very close to my heart. I've RP'd in a lot of different contexts and by far, the most dynamic ones, were multi-generational in terms of hte characters. Yes, there is great potential for missuse, abuse, or cliche when RPing kids but lets face it, how many of us will ever get to actually be that young again IRL?

I have always been especialy appreciative of those who are willing to take on playing another player's child as a character. (I perticularly remember a specific RP from a Trek Chat room when someone agreed to be a kid of someone else, and then a 3rd person made that kid a Q.) As long as there is respect for godmoding and mary-sue type themes, the "yes, and..." game with kid characters can be realllly fun.

Personaly, I was never lucky enough to be able to participate in any of these types of RP. (was never in one RP long enough to develop enough trust with someone to play the other part) IRL I hope to soon actually be a father but I've always kinda wanted to RP it anyway. Perhapse seeing my two-week old nephew this week increased my attraction to this thread, but I really support those who are willing to give it a try. Just as in real parent-hood, RPing kids will have mistakes and awkward moments, but those can be fun too. I realize that this topic has kinda moved on beyond the origional post, however I just wanted to point out that in my expierience, an RP community doesn't start to become multi-generational until there is a rather high degree of trust accross the whole community. As someone new to the group i choose to view this as a positive expression of the people here.

((PS, I am also now realy jelous of everyone's little anime avitars... *makes a child's pouty-face to be apropreate to the topic))

Sorry about all the misspelling, still looking for the spell-check...
« Last Edit: 19 Nov 2013, 20:05 by Xepharious »
Xepharious
ALEXYLVA PARADOX | Sub-Coordinator | Recruiter
alexylva.webnode.com
What's your Origin Story?
http://www.alexylva-paradox.com/origin-tldr/

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #62 on: 20 Nov 2013, 06:48 »

((PS, I am also now realy jelous of everyone's little anime avitars... *makes a child's pouty-face to be apropreate to the topic))
There you go.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Xepharious

• Egger
  • Building a home, one word at a time
    • What is you Origin Story?
« Reply #63 on: 20 Nov 2013, 17:56 »

Thanks Myyona!
Xepharious
ALEXYLVA PARADOX | Sub-Coordinator | Recruiter
alexylva.webnode.com
What's your Origin Story?
http://www.alexylva-paradox.com/origin-tldr/

Denak Kalamari

• Naked Squid
  • Wetgraver
  • Failing at humor
« Reply #64 on: 21 Nov 2013, 04:43 »

Guess I could chime in here too.

I don't mind people having babies and roleplaying those babies when they grow up and anything similar, it's their RP and it does bring an interesting new aspect for characters, as long as it doesn't go into the Mary Sue regions or just be used for extra D'aww factor. For my character, Denak has no interest in having children, or engaging in a romantic relationship either, partly for his own beliefs and partly for not thinking of himself as the prime husband/father material.

\   /
One Soldier // Two Faces
Grahisha of the ILF, writer of Thoughts of a Clone Soldier
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]