Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PIE Inc. (also known more formally as Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris) is the oldest pod-pilot corporation loyal to the Amarr Empire? Read more here

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wanted: a few SISI fraps 'actors'  (Read 3666 times)

Druur Monakh

• Wetgraver
    • Hazardous Goods
Re: Wanted: a few SISI fraps 'actors'
« Reply #15 on: 18 Sep 2012, 20:35 »

I'd be happy to help as well - I can fly all the ships on your list, even the squidceptors.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #16 on: 19 Sep 2012, 11:43 »

You could try seeing if Darveses is around, he made lots of videos and stuff.

I appeared in one of them, so I have previous experience in Sisi acting.

I played the role of "4th Ashimmu", lol.
\o/

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #17 on: 19 Sep 2012, 11:56 »

You could try seeing if Darveses is around, he made lots of videos and stuff.

I appeared in one of them, so I have previous experience in Sisi acting.

I played the role of "4th Ashimmu", lol.

OSCAR PERFORMANCE :)

Thanks everyone btw. This is some ways off I still have a lot of prep work, but very heartening.

Obviously anyone helping will get their name in big letters in the credits ;)

Astrid Stjerna

• Clonejack
« Reply #18 on: 22 Sep 2012, 20:55 »

I'm still working on my long-term video RP project, and will need a few sisi ship 'actors' eventually to fill a few roles (only so many things you can do with a single alt production-wise, unless i just have a bunch of pilot-less ships hanging still in space :P ).

I'll be doing all of my homework and prep ahead of time and having all of the 'shots' pre-organized and camera angles set up ahead of time with bookmarks, so this will be minimally invasive time-wise.  The idea being the extras would log in, hop into ships I've already fit and left on grid, and we'd quickly run through the various 'shots' I need with FRAPS, shooting certain targets, etc, and a few explosions. I will take care of as much as possible solo and would only probably need people for an afternoon or two in the coming months.

None of the work will be difficult for pilots, a lot of 'set MWD to x speed and fly towards x' in formation or, 'orbit y and shoot rockets' type of things. I'll be flying around in an inty probably to get the camera angles i need.

This won't be happening just yet (still storyboarding the in-space stuff) but I wanted to get a little list of people I could potentially call on for a few hours of sisi theater.

Ships we'll be using:

Bhaalgorn
a few cruors
a few interceptors/frigates (probably Caldari, probably Merlin-based hulls)
Mining Ships - Probably the ORE command ship and maybe a few barges

Long story short, a deep low-sec mining operation gets a rude awakening when attacked by raiders. The in-space stuff will deal with lot of shots of the peaceful mining op, security patrols, shit hitting the fan with cruors inbound, security wing attempts intercept, some fighting, and then OMGWTF Bhaalgorn warping on top of the main capsuleer-operated ORE ships that have been scrambled, some explosions, and then the 2nd half of the video (series of still 'paintings' or small-animations) will revolve around the Bhaalgorn boarding party fighting on board the ORE ship to complete their objectives.

Anyway lots to work on!

If your project is still going, and you need a semi-professional editor, drop an EvE-mail into my inbox and I'll gladly give you a hand!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #19 on: 23 Sep 2012, 17:46 »

Thank you! Like I said though It's still 'storyboard' stage, this will be a winter project (er... winter for northern hemisphere types)

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #20 on: 24 Sep 2012, 06:52 »

I could help as some sort of merlin caldari defender pilot and die in a big ball of fire. Anyway, dying horribly is my profession in EVE.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 24 Sep 2012, 10:17 »

I'd heartily recommend *against* using something from the Batman soundtrack. For one, it's extremely familiar to many people, who, like me, have the Batman soundtrack on loop frequently via Youtube. (who needs to download music anymore? It's all there!)

Might I recommend a few more obscure "death is coming" compositions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNLanbMYQ28 - Yoko Kanno, "Zaibach."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3wvN9CeMn8 - Event Horizon - "Gravity Drive" (Starts @ 7:20min)

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
« Reply #22 on: 24 Sep 2012, 11:05 »

I am myself a huge fan of Hans Zimmer (shame on me, hasn't seen this movie yet), and Yoko Kanno (but I have seen anime where your track from!  :P)
So, how about something not soundtrack?
For example,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnzpqDaWUXU
Globus - Doomsday
with some latin chanting ♥

or this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq57ri1Cr-g
Universal Trailer Series - Strength of Darkness

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #23 on: 24 Sep 2012, 11:39 »

Good suggestions!

I've always been a huge fan of Kanno's GITS work as well....goddamn I miss the Stand Alone Complex series. 

Plenty to think about.  Starting some work on it this week too.

So.... how do we convince CCP to hire the Stand Alone Complex committee to do an EVE: Online series?

Lyn Farel

« Reply #24 on: 25 Sep 2012, 03:42 »

I will probably say some blasphemy but as well as I really enjoy Zimmer for listening, I think even if he has become a reference he remains quite an ininventive/vapid composer for movies, with a music that doesnt really care if it fits or not, or just slaughter the whole movie in itself (cf Batman for example, but not only).

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
« Reply #25 on: 25 Sep 2012, 05:14 »

I can't argue with you on this matter, since I haven't seet Batman yet.
Any composer can make good compositions and just music, and if amount of good compositions is large enough, he is a good composer. As for Hans Zimmer, I very like his music, that he composed for movies The Rock, Gladiator, King Arthur, Da Vinci Code and Crimson Tide (mostly because of small parts in them  :D)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #26 on: 20 Nov 2012, 12:50 »

Just a little bump.

This is still happening and is going to be my winter project.

Do any of you know if 'ejected' ships still appear active? Blinking lights, etc?  I might be ejecting from a number of ships in space to populate some static background elements for scenes.

Storyboarding continues in earnest :)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #27 on: 20 Nov 2012, 13:08 »

Do any of you know if 'ejected' ships still appear active? Blinking lights, etc?  I might be ejecting from a number of ships in space to populate some static background elements for scenes.

Yes, they do.
Pages: 1 [2]