Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Imperial Human Resources is a well-known Amarrian slave company.

Author Topic: Commander NPC rat prefixes - additional RP roles?  (Read 2072 times)

Leopold Caine

• Egger
  • Angels are never far...

Just to make it clear what I'm talking about:

Angels have Domination
Blood Raiders have Dark Blood
Guristas have Dread Guristas
Sansha have True Sansha
Serpentis have Shadow Serpentis

A thought struck me today; while Dominations and True Sansha already have a social/political role in their native pirate factions and are expected to be flying around as the rare badass 10x the CONCORD bounty mofos, I haven't noticed Dark Bloods, Dread Guristas or Shadow Serpentis noticed anywhere in the PF.

Does anyone know if they have any impact on their native factions? And if not, what do you suspect these titles might be, given their native factions' modus operandi?

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: Commander NPC rat prefixes - additional RP roles?
« Reply #1 on: 01 Sep 2012, 08:05 »

Doesn't item description count as PF?

Leopold Caine

• Egger
« Reply #2 on: 01 Sep 2012, 08:43 »

Your point? Faction modules have same flavour text as their t1 and t2 counterparts.
To clarify, my point was, what are the Dark Blood Raiders, what do they do and what makes them special in Blood Raider Community?

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 01 Sep 2012, 10:02 »

Dark blood is another term for venous blood, as opposed to arterial, which is bright red.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #4 on: 01 Sep 2012, 13:39 »

Which would metaphorically signify that they travel towards the heart rather than away from it.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 01 Sep 2012, 16:42 »

Which would metaphorically signify that they travel towards the heart rather than away from it.

I love the way roleplayers extrapolate...

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 01 Sep 2012, 20:43 »

Sorry, didn't mean the modules. I meant the descriptions of the officer entities. Some of them talk about what the various officers do and shed light on what their organization does.

Leopold Caine

• Egger
« Reply #7 on: 01 Sep 2012, 23:09 »

I'll doublecheck next time I'm killing one, but I think they just give the basic descripton and slap the 'elite' prefix on as much as they can.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #8 on: 02 Sep 2012, 03:42 »

Blood Raider Commanders have mastered the Rites of Blood, giving them unnatural affinity with all things living. Threat level: Deadly.

is description for "dark blood" commander ships.

\o/

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 02 Sep 2012, 13:19 »

Blood Raider Commanders have mastered the Rites of Blood, giving them unnatural affinity with all things living. Threat level: Deadly.

Scuttling from Heaven the Domination Commanders pursue a secret agenda as dark and sinister as their reputation. Threat level: Deadly.

Guristas Commanders are master tacticians, frequently veterans of empire navies before swerving of the straight path to become outlaws. Threat level: Deadly.

The Angel Cartel profits enough from its protection deal with the Serpentis Corporation for it to send its best and brightest pilots on guarding duty. Threat level: Deadly.

Revelling in the symbiotic relationship of man and machine Sansha's Commanders can push themselves harder and further than others. Threat level: Deadly.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #10 on: 06 Sep 2012, 06:49 »

I had a thought about these.

Dark Blood units in particular, seem odd.

the regular covenant forces include battleships and the like, so it's not military objectives that the Dark Blood people would be concerned with.

So, it would be more... political ?

In the few missions where you see a Dark Blood commander, such as COSMOS missions, they're participating in quite politically important things. Not simple slave raids or anti-shipping campaigns, but things of a more theological or political importance.

So, I'm thinking that the commander ships, represent something where there is a relatively important objective that is not necessarily military in nature.

Like having some attached officers from the Intelligence services along on a military expedition.

Might go for the other types of commanders too.
\o/