Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Saxon Hawke's son Ravi died in a drug-related hovercar crash that had connections to the Serpentis "Aenebra" cult? Read more about it here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Return to SiSi Part III - TATTOOS YO (And new shades and new vests for men)  (Read 15331 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

* Casiella huggles my Minmatar specialness closely

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

Guess it's a CCP compromise...

The chron Tattoo says that Gallenteans are fond of using Minmatar tattoos, which is not surprising given their cultural habits and the population of Minnies in the Fed...but if CCP allowed Gallente to have Minnie tattoos, then you'd have the oddities of a Caldari and Amarr having Minnie tatts as well.

I think CCP wants to keep the racial lines intact, for their own measure of believability.

Crucifire

First there were players that complained the new portraits all looked too similar and racial identities were lost. Now I see there's players complaining that not all tattoos are available to everyone. It's clear that CCP is never going to please everyone (except for the removal of learning skills) but really now, come on.

I'm happy that they differentiated the racial tattoos, I think it will help return sense of cultural differences to even those that don't actively RP.

Casiella

• Demigod

It's okay, what I really hear people saying when they complain is, "hot DAMN the Minmatar are the best race in EVE!"

;)

Crucifire

Yeah, I really can't deny that I'm even happier now I did pick Minmatar. ;)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

I was forced not to roll minmatar by minmaxers before I started RPing >_< and I rp Nikita as a mutt character who is just registered to CONCORD as Gallente, and is technically more minmatar then anything else. but everyone immediately profiles her as Gallentean, which is just plain annoying, and I can't fight that by making her look minmatar in the picture, since I can't make her picture look minmatar. I really there was an option to just not show the race description tab
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog

I was forced not to roll minmatar by minmaxers before I started RPing >_< and I rp Nikita as a mutt character who is just registered to CONCORD as Gallente, and is technically more minmatar then anything else. but everyone immediately profiles her as Gallentean, which is just plain annoying, and I can't fight that by making her look minmatar in the picture, since I can't make her picture look minmatar. I really there was an option to just not show the race description tab

Wait, why aren't you Achuran then? :P Not like there were ever any actual restrictions on what ships could be flown, hell my alt can barely fly Minmatar ships as a Sebiestor (who was almost as good as an Achuran stat wise, when it mattered).
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Lyn Farel

Yah it would be so nice to be able to hide this damn useless race description tab.

Seriphyn

• Demigod

The only reason the bloodlines MIGHT look the same is the homogenized clothing.

Otherwise, really? Jin-Mei males/females looked IDENTICAL. It's far better than the joke of the first char creator.

Lyn Farel

What makes people look sometimes the same, even with different bloodlines, are the haircuts and most of all, the beauty standards, not the creation engine. Of course you will always have a "eve" feel when you look at any eve new character, because there is an artistic direction behind, but thats all.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people

I just hope they include the full selection of original tattoos. Extra new ones would be nice too.

Seriphyn

• Demigod

Actually, in terms of everyone looking the same, for example, Intaki people, that might be because they are of the same ethnic group...

Europeans (and by extension Americans) are all over the place, so a British person will not look consistent with another. But if you sort out all the Westerners by historic ethnic group (Slavic, Nordic, Celtic w/e) then you might find they all "look the same".

However, if Intaki people all look the same, then this assumes that one singular ethnic group in the year 8000 settled the Intaki system...even the whole thing about "French settlers from Tau Ceti" is BS because a lot of French today are black and/or Muslim...so...

/overanalyzing!

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

Actually, in terms of everyone looking the same, for example, Intaki people, that might be because they are of the same ethnic group...

Europeans (and by extension Americans) are all over the place, so a British person will not look consistent with another. But if you sort out all the Westerners by historic ethnic group (Slavic, Nordic, Celtic w/e) then you might find they all "look the same".

However, if Intaki people all look the same, then this assumes that one singular ethnic group in the year 8000 settled the Intaki system...even the whole thing about "French settlers from Tau Ceti" is BS because a lot of French today are black and/or Muslim...so...

/overanalyzing!

well there are two forces at work here, differentiation and homogenization. Yes the Gallenteans were originally "french settlers" but in the thousands of years since settlement, homogenization and minor adaptation to their environments causes them to be largely similar. The ethnic gallenteans aren't french, they're gallente, that is their ethnicity.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Casiella

• Demigod

20 000 years is a very long time. Not long enough for significant evolution but certainly for ethnic mixes and changes.

Besides, capsuleers have apparently a limited set of tastes in hairstyles, which in my view has a significant effect. And the fact that the engine doesn't support varying heights will only make this worse.

Seriphyn

• Demigod

Besides, capsuleers have apparently a limited set of tastes in hairstyles, which in my view has a significant effect. And the fact that the engine doesn't support varying heights will only make this worse.

Is it a case of engine limitation or no feature implemented?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8