EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > CCP Public Library

Future of Caldari Prime

<< < (2/4) > >>

Stitcher:

--- Quote from: Seriphyn on 07 May 2010, 14:43 ---I am trying to think what happens to CP. With the possible resurgence of the Liberal and Practical faction, both are anti-CP occupation...
--- End quote ---

What? No they aren't. reclaiming the Caldari homeworld has been one of the few points the megacorporations have ever unanimously agreed on.

Hamish Grayson:

--- Quote from: Seriphyn on 07 May 2010, 14:43 --- the chastising of the Patriot faction
--- End quote ---

:bash: The Patriots and the Provists are not the same entity.

Seriphyn:
Didn't say they were, but the Patriots are supporting the Provists atm, and the Patriots are the only one's committing their forces to the CP occupation.

Hyasyoda criticizes occupation, Practical bloc looks 'visibly uncomfortable' at Patriot rebuttals

Mens Reppola speaks out against it

Though it's always interesting to see how externally, Caldari RPers will be like, externally, "Oh it's great etc." but internally they might be more "Hurrr". The dichotomy sticks to notions of Caldari RP in general, and it's cool to see

orange:

--- Quote from: Laerise [PIE] on 08 May 2010, 02:08 ---...and if the gallente really try to take CP away from the caldari, well, I guess they can always warp a titan into gal primes orbite and do some dd'ing - which would solve a good portion of the problem  :P
--- End quote ---
I do not think it is there for that purpose.  It is more sinister than a gun pointed at Gallante Prime.  It is actually pointed at Caldari Prime.

"If we can't have it, no one will."

--- Quote from:  Seriphyn ---With the possible resurgence of the Liberal and Practical faction, both are anti-CP occupation, and the chastising of the Patriot faction, what will happen? Will CP be liberated, seeing that the only megacorps occupying CP are Patriots? Wouldn't 2 years of occupation than a flip back be rather unoriginal?
--- End quote ---
They are anti-"continuing to fund what they do not have a large stake in."  The Navy and CPD make up a large percentage of the occupation force.  The majority of assets on Caldari Prime were acquired by KK, followed by Wirykomi & Lai Dai.   The Liberals & Practicals probably would prefer to have assets/holdings of their own worth defending.

If you read the next article, following the report where Hyasyoda criticizes the cost of the occupation:

--- Quote ---The current occupation force is for the most part made up of Navy marines and Provist troops, which are protecting infrastructure and population centers. Though they took significant part in the initial invasion, corporate forces have made up a much smaller percentage of the occupation force, generally focused on protecting industrial sites seized and redistributed to the megacorporations. Most of these belong to Kaalakiota, Lai Dai, and Wiyrkomi and report through their corporate chains of command.
--- End quote ---

The issue for the Liberals & Practicals is that they are funding the expensive difficult defense of other corporations' assets.

So, I disagree with your interpretation that only the Patriot's are defending Caldari Prime.

My personal preference is that CCP begin to work towards ending the forced conflict.  As part of it, Luminaire and Algogille are made CONCORD systems, with Gallente Prime and Caldari Prime administered by their respective governments.

Seriphyn:

--- Quote from: orange on 08 May 2010, 08:32 ---My personal preference is that CCP begin to work towards ending the forced conflict.  As part of it, Luminaire and Algogille are made CONCORD systems, with Gallente Prime and Caldari Prime administered by their respective governments.

--- End quote ---

Now, that is a VERY interesting outcome, though not sure why Algogille would be on that list. The only thing with the conflict coming to an end though is that FW occupancy is a feature that doesn't seem to being removed at any time soon, and with CCP throwing in the auction as a way to escalate the conflict and give Gallenteans something to fight for...

Personally, if we hold onto the systems long enough, CPD invalidate the law and refund the cash...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version