EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > CCP Public Library

Future of Caldari Prime

(1/4) > >>

Seriphyn:
So, it'll be a couple of years soon that the Falklands has been occupied by the Arg-...er...that Caldari Prime has been occupied by the State. Now, IRL, things like this take many years to evolve and unfold, so it won't be unrealistic to think it goes on for that long. However, as an EVE player, our metabolism is normally a lot faster than that.

I am trying to think what happens to CP. With the possible resurgence of the Liberal and Practical faction, both are anti-CP occupation, and the chastising of the Patriot faction, what will happen? Will CP be liberated, seeing that the only megacorps occupying CP are Patriots? Wouldn't 2 years of occupation than a flip back be rather unoriginal? A couple of things I think...

- Caldari Prime becomes one of the Dust 514 "NPC battlegrounds", with the Federation attempting liberation using the DUST proxies, as opposed to a much more riskier, full-scale counterattack. (futuristic WW2 Eastern Front anyone?)
- Caldari Prime becomes liberated by normal means, but instead of it just being the status quo, Roden contracts reconstruction and administration to the Liberal faction, such as Ishukone? I think that would be interesting.

It is seeded that this isn't a permanent state of affairs, with Roden pledging to return it (using smoke and mirrors to destabilize the State and Heth could be a means to this end). "For now" in the lvl1 epic arc, and that a "full scale rebellion" is inevitable in the Cities of Refuge chron. The planet is stated to be majority Gallentean, and it would be impossible for the State to displace all of these Gallenteans when they are probably tied in with the key infrastructure; the planet would stop working if they deported all the Gallenteans.

I think a flip back to Gallente would be incredibly *yawn*, and I would like to see something interesting like Ishukone taking administration of CP with Fed oversight...or maybe a Dust 514 battleground. It will be interesting to see what becomes of it.

Myyona:
Caldari Prime is already liberated, considering it is under the ownership of the Caldari.

Or is that a personal agenda I spot through your wording? :P

I expect it to be under the ownership of the Caldari as it such provides an element of strong tension where conflict can happen at any time. Possibly, as you say, it will be linked with DUST like I expect Intaki will too. Further from a different point of view, CCP seems quite reluctant to remove historical elements that they already have put in place (that station is still on fire...) and CP will keep its current state so newcomers to EVE who read EA can get the same experience as we do now.

Sofia Roseburn:
I can't imagine Caldari Prime swapping hands any time soon. It's one of Heth's lynchpins of success, and losing that to the Gallente would damn him politically, despite the patriotic angle he would probably attempt to spin it towards.

Skirmishing with DUST sounds logical. It's hardly a safe place; under military curfew if I'm not mistaken, and, considering the average Gallente citizen's lust for freedom of speech, I'm sure there's no end of people wanting to batter the crap out of some State bodies.

I just want to know what happens if/when that Titan gets destroyed.

Laerise [PIE]:
...and if the gallente really try to take CP away from the caldari, well, I guess they can always warp a titan into gal primes orbite and do some dd'ing - which would solve a good portion of the problem  :P

Myyona:
I am pretty certain the titan will stay there.

If for nothing else then as a landmark for noobs to go a see the "end game" of EVE.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version