Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Guristas co-founder Jirai Laitanen, also known as Fatal, was podded in YC106, but suffered from severe memory loss and motor impairment because he only had an inferior clone on standby.

Author Topic: Pretend You're Xyzzy (aka Cards Against Humanity Online)  (Read 6987 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

I had my first taste of CAH while at Fanfest, and have been quite disappointed that there wasn't an easy way to play the game with people despite only being on the other side of the internets.

Then while I was lazily browsing imgur the other day I encountered Pretend You're Xyzzy, which is literally CAH Online. Played a game with some of the imgur people earlier today, actually - the system has some bugs but it's pretty solid.

If I organized a weekly session, either Friday evenings (late EU/middle US) and/or during the day on Saturdays, how many people would be interested in playing?
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: Pretend You're Xyzzy (aka Cards Against Humanity Online)
« Reply #1 on: 20 Dec 2013, 13:57 »

Will play with you for sure! My favorite hand to date was:

Lifetime presents _____________, the story of _____________.

My two cards were

God.
being a motherfucking sorcerer

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 20 Dec 2013, 14:34 »

Will play with you for sure! My favorite hand to date was:

Lifetime presents _____________, the story of _____________.

My two cards were

God.
being a motherfucking sorcerer

That card came up in a game with my family, with the winning hand

Throwing virgins into volcanos
Unrequited oral sex

Barely beating

Batman
being a montherfucking sorcerer

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #3 on: 20 Dec 2013, 14:55 »

Yeah mine was the winning hand too.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 21 Dec 2013, 18:13 »

Someone will have to explain this game to me, but from what I've heard it sounds hilarious. I'd be up for it.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #5 on: 21 Dec 2013, 18:53 »

Someone will have to explain this game to me, but from what I've heard it sounds hilarious. I'd be up for it.

Short and sweet version:
- There are two decks of cards, Black and White.
- Black cards have phrases/statements/questions, usually with blank spaces.
- White cards have objects, people, concepts, etc.
- Each person has a hand of White cards.
- Every turn, the Card Czar draws a Black card, then reads it. All of the other players have to select from their hands a number of white cards equal to the number of blank spaces on the Black card and place them face-down on the table (or hand them to the Czar). This number is usually 1, but can go up to 3.
- The Card Czar looks at all of the White cards played that turn, then picks the card (or cards, if the Black card called for multiple) that make the best (read: hilarious/disgusting) combination when placed in the blanks of the Black card.
- The owner of the White card(s) in question takes the Black card and earns a point. White cards played that round are tossed into a discard pile and replaced from the deck. The person to the right of the Card Czar is the Card Czar for the next turn.
- First player to collect some predetermined number of points/Black cards is the winner.

You will get some hilarious shit out of this game, pretty much guaranteed. Couple of highlights of mine from Fanfest that had Falcon struggling to breathe:
"When I'm having sex with you, I think about   peeing a little bit  ."
"If God didn't want us to have   the Make-A-Wish Foundation  , He wouldn't have given us    dying of dysentery  ."
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.