Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Faster than Light Communication is regulated by CONCORD? Read more here.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: LULZ---EXPOSED!!!!!!!  (Read 6204 times)

Vincent Pryce

Re: LULZ
« Reply #15 on: 18 Jun 2011, 05:29 »

Unlike entities like Anon, these guys are pissing off all the wrong people...

Anon doesn't piss off wrong people? Lulz.

Well at least they don't go attacking US Senate, CIA and such. That said the Australian government might be still be butthurt about a little DDoS, but again Anon didn't steal the database or other sensitive information in that little prank and post it for people to abuse.

There's a difference in protesting with a foul prank and being a complete dick and fucking shit up for everybody else.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #16 on: 18 Jun 2011, 07:57 »

They pissed off a hacktivist called Jester and now he is destroying them for it. Probably won't be long before a few get caught/arrested. Personal details for a handful of Lulzsec members are already released publicly (presumably courtesy of Jester).
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #17 on: 18 Jun 2011, 08:18 »

Having read various tidbits about LULZ around the web (there's not too many online communities that doesn't have a LULZ thread or two) I have noted with some amusement that there's almost always someone saying some variation of the following:

"Why did they bother with Eve? Is there a playerbase more jaded to this stuff?" followed by various comparisons to 'giving a spanking fetishist a pat on the rump' and other various metaphors. Others spoke of us as 'are these people you want to piss off?' and so on.

Apparently us Eve players have reputations for being the badasses of the MMO communities. Having seen it from within for a while, that's kind of hilarious, even if there's a kernel of truth to maturity being a bit more common-place here than in most other MMOs.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #18 on: 18 Jun 2011, 10:07 »

Having read various tidbits about LULZ around the web (there's not too many online communities that doesn't have a LULZ thread or two) I have noted with some amusement that there's almost always someone saying some variation of the following:

"Why did they bother with Eve? Is there a playerbase more jaded to this stuff?" followed by various comparisons to 'giving a spanking fetishist a pat on the rump' and other various metaphors. Others spoke of us as 'are these people you want to piss off?' and so on.

Apparently us Eve players have reputations for being the badasses of the MMO communities. Having seen it from within for a while, that's kind of hilarious, even if there's a kernel of truth to maturity being a bit more common-place here than in most other MMOs.

Meta-gaming is part of life in EVE.
Theft is part of life in EVE.
Betrayal is part of life in EVE.
Piracy is part of life in EVE.
Horrible losses is part of life in EVE.
Severe and non-fun lag is part of life in EVE.
Suicide ganking is part of life in EVE.
"No-where is safe" is part of life in EVE.

Compared to all other MMO's EVE players must be some of the most sadistic, thick-skinned, horribly jaded and frankly, bitter MMO players to walk the planet.

I still love this game for what it is. I'm confident others do as well. Yes, I too am sure that hitting EVE was a major waste of their time and only helped add another charge to their soon-to-be impressive list of criminal charges to be read up in court.

Chevalleis

• Clonejack
« Reply #19 on: 18 Jun 2011, 14:57 »

Any linkeys? It's always nice to read praise bout oneself.

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
« Reply #20 on: 21 Jun 2011, 12:12 »

They pissed off a hacktivist called Jester and now he is destroying them for it. Probably won't be long before a few get caught/arrested. Personal details for a handful of Lulzsec members are already released publicly (presumably courtesy of Jester).

I hear one of them got nabbed this am.

I think they should be given a choice.

A. Stiff fines, jail term and a long probation that includes no computer/internet/smart phone access.

B. Commuted sentance if the hacker agrees to employment with either the FBI/CIA/ Homeland Security, Interpol, etc.

"Ok kid. You either go to jail or...there's a compouter...there's China. Destroy Chinese Communisum and you get a hwat pawket."  :yar:

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #21 on: 21 Jun 2011, 12:40 »

"Ok kid. You either go to jail or...there's a compouter...there's China. Destroy Chinese Communisum and you get a hwat pawket."  :yar:

:lol:

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #22 on: 22 Jun 2011, 10:43 »

Hmm... someone needs to suggest Facebook as the next target.
Shut that down for a few years and the collective IQ of the internet will rise by 50%, I swear.

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #23 on: 22 Jun 2011, 11:22 »

I thought people here played eve.  No pity and all, life mechanics don't prevent it.,,

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
Re: LULZ---EXPOSED
« Reply #24 on: 23 Jun 2011, 15:00 »

http://www.gadgetell.com/technologytell/article/lulzsec-gets-hacked-and-threatened/

Not sure what to make of it. Gotta wait for the names to be named I guess.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
Re: LULZ---EXPOSED!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: 23 Jun 2011, 15:08 »

They were already doxed quite a while ago from what I can tell. http://lulzsecexposed.blogspot.com/
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #26 on: 23 Jun 2011, 16:00 »

Meta-gaming is part of life in EVE.
Theft is part of life in EVE.
Betrayal is part of life in EVE.
Piracy is part of life in EVE.
Horrible losses is part of life in EVE.
Severe and non-fun lag is part of life in EVE.
Suicide ganking is part of life in EVE.
"No-where is safe" is part of life in EVE.

Compared to all other MMO's EVE players must be some of the most sadistic, thick-skinned, horribly jaded and frankly, bitter MMO players to walk the planet.

I still love this game for what it is. I'm confident others do as well. Yes, I too am sure that hitting EVE was a major waste of their time and only helped add another charge to their soon-to-be impressive list of criminal charges to be read up in court.

I stare back at the face of death hackers with my 70$ monocled gaze!

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #27 on: 25 Jun 2011, 07:40 »

http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=2397.msg33123#msg33123

p. much same applies here.

combination of: lack of empathy, blaming victims, boredom and basic dishonesty.

phrases like: "its not stealing. Paypal are just leaving this money lying around. if a bank threw cash into a dumpster, wouldn't you take it?" and so on.

Not so long ago, when parking my car, I happened to notice on the ground, a set of car keys, they had a Renault logo on them. I thought one of the neighbours had such a vehicle, and so waited to see if it turned up, then I could find out whose car it was, and if they'd lost a set of keys. Which it did, and they had.
These lulzsec people, amongst many, many others, would not do such. What they'd do, is test the key in various Renaults to see if it worked, joyride it around, probably write it off, and then say "well you shouldn't have dropped the key then".
That's the difference.

These sorts of attitudes, are infantile and erode any chance of humanity developing.

Guess this is a good sign for me then. As a part of my work-day I need to take a ferry across the fjord twice a day to get to/from work. I've taken it so many times I know what sounds to listen for; how long I usually have between the original de-celeration til the turbines start reversing to slow the ship down and berting, and so on.

Random passengers, especially people driving cargo up and down the kingdom don't know this and usually leave their seats to go get ready and get into their vehicles long before they have to, strictly speaking. A few months ago some guy sitting by the table in front of my usual seat forgot his wallet, with his drivers-license, visa, personal info, family album and money. When I make ready to leave, I notice this and pick it up. I like the seat I usually sit in because while the passenger-cabin is under surveillance, there is only one camera and it's sitting above my seat.

In other words my seat and the table in front are in a dead-angle and I could have gotten away with said wallet and several thousand crowns with no problem at all.

Ofc I did no such thing. I flipped it open, had a quick look at the ID and tried my best to memorize the face on it. Then I ran outside and asked every driver of every car, making sure to compare faces. Found the guy in a frantic search for - I'm making a wild guess here... - his wallet. I hardly even had to ask because I could see it was the right guy. He got his rather vital piece of leather back I got to go on with my day wondering what I'd do if I had just tucked it in my pocket and walked off the ship.

I'd like to imagine that anyone would do this, even for utter, random strangers. Sadly, the world don't work like this, and neither does these juveniles. I'm still going to laught when they are all in jail, simply because they have provided ample evidence of deserving it.

Why does it always make me suspicious when people purposefully evade being on security cameras.  :|

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
Re: LULZ---EXPOSED!!!!!!!
« Reply #28 on: 25 Jun 2011, 08:02 »

Who knows Laerise. Some people simply don't like the idea of being watched as such, I'm among them. Though while I enjoy my privacy this camera's function is not to poke into my life or anything, but to let the crew know how things are in the passenger cabin.

Also, in this case sitting under the camera for the purpsoe of not being detected is kind of pointless; I have to walk onboard/off the ship and I have to pay my ticket. When I get up from that place and walk a few meters ahead (to get off the ship) I'm seen by the camera; when I walk to it to sit down, I'm seen. It's simply that while the seat is comfy and in a nice corner (I like sitting with my back to something solid if able) it also happen to be in a dead-angle for the camera and that adds to the feeling of comfort for me.

This might also be why hackers bother me; someone can invade my privacy and steal/destroy my 'property' virtual or actual, and they don't even have to get out of their houses to do so... still, went over this elsewhere to the annoyance of many, no need to repeat.
Pages: 1 [2]