Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Defiants were a splinter group of the Minmatar fleet that waged guerrilla war against the Amarr?

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23

Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 48408 times)

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #210 on: 23 Nov 2011, 11:53 »

Well I'm personally not to worried about the "younglings" not being able to die at my hands. As it stands, i'm going to eradicate every sentient species on the map. Once that is complete there will be plenty of homeless, parentless boys and girls to have to fend for themselves.  :twisted:

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #211 on: 23 Nov 2011, 12:03 »

Not sure what the fascination is with killing children. Sure, it's kinda lame they are 'invincible', but it seems more like a problem for the children than death. Exploitation anyone? "That's right, little Jimmy, just walk through that long hall of pressure plates, onto that pit of fire, and grab that piece of armor for me. Oh, and watch out for the hordes of dead that will come alive to curse you for eternity for disturbing their rest. THANKS!"

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #212 on: 23 Nov 2011, 12:18 »

My only game design issue with children in Skyrim is that they're invulnerable thief/murder detectors. In a way they're worse than the God-sight Guards from Oblivion; you can't eliminate them to stop the reports.

If that was removed, the only game balancing reason I have issue with would be addressed tbh.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #213 on: 23 Nov 2011, 13:39 »

Not doing fast travel makes some things that would be trivial a real pain in the arse. If I was doing that, loading up with loot, fast travelling back to town, then fast travelling back to the ruin I'm looting would be trivial. As it is I'm loading Lydia up like a mule and carrying everything I can, and still getting distracted by bandits and grumpy when I can't carry their loot...

but I'm still not bored slow walking across the landscape.
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #214 on: 23 Nov 2011, 16:02 »

Discrimination by age or gender pisses me off.

Thank you.
+1

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Desiderya

« Reply #216 on: 23 Nov 2011, 20:57 »

My only game design issue with children in Skyrim is that they're invulnerable thief/murder detectors. In a way they're worse than the God-sight Guards from Oblivion; you can't eliminate them to stop the reports.

If that was removed, the only game balancing reason I have issue with would be addressed tbh.

Well...
I'm fairly sure you can put a bucket over their head.  :D

On a side note:
Skyrim, what the fuck. That was low dude, real low. You just stole me 9 hours of my life, 66% of that pure sleep time. I thought it was like 11 PM and not 4 AM and the only reason I found out was a crash to desktop. Else I would've wondered why the sun already rises outside.

Well then, working in zombie mode will be activated in 4 hours. -.-

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #217 on: 24 Nov 2011, 09:06 »

I can definitely say that magic is not for me. I really don't know why, because it's not complicated or impractical. Hell, I remember magic in Morrowind being more irksome. Either way, guess I'm a hands-on killer.

I do seem to remember alchemy being a little more useful in Oblivion. Skyrim seems to make leveling the skill take a helluvah long time, even if you're mixing three-effect potions to rank up.

I'm not sure I'm gonna jive with dual-wielding axes or using a two-hander any time soon either. At the end of the day I just can't feel comfortable without the control of the environment that stealth gives you... maybe I should make a pure dual-daggers build just to keep my life interesting, I'm not even using archery anymore once I have Shadow Warrior and Assassins Blades. vOv

Edit: Check that. Dual axes is pure brutality. Also, doesn't technically negate the usefulness of stealth.
« Last Edit: 24 Nov 2011, 13:56 by Senn Typhos »
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #218 on: 25 Nov 2011, 09:17 »

I think this is the deadliest weapon in Skyrim:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The stamina drain enchant allows me to do power-attacks non-stop. So really, the damage should read 800.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #219 on: 25 Nov 2011, 09:20 »

Hardest hitting weapon in face to face battle, most definitely.

It's still beaten by Daedric Dagger with Fire and Shock enchant, due to the 30x damage multiplier from backstabs. (With the right perks and gloves). I haven't done the math yet, but I believe the dualwielded Daedric Swords has the potential for higher dps than the Hammer due to much higher attack rate and dual enchant potentials.

For a face to face battle I'd probably break out that Hammer instead anyway, due to the sheer power of each blow being enough to take down almost any enemy in a hit.

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #220 on: 25 Nov 2011, 17:44 »

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
« Reply #221 on: 25 Nov 2011, 21:25 »

You need to read the thread more often, Invel.  ;)

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Techie Kanenald

• Egger
  • Beagle
« Reply #222 on: 26 Nov 2011, 06:32 »

You know...

Maybe it was just me playing Fallout, but I really miss the VATS animation for ranged weapons.

I'd love to see the camera track my arrow on a crit strike, or have a kill animation for that or something.  I'm pure archery spec, so I keep missing out on kill animations :(

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
« Reply #223 on: 27 Nov 2011, 02:58 »

That is a bit of a shame.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #224 on: 27 Nov 2011, 09:24 »

This is why I'll never take NPC's with me unless I've got to...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23