Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Fleet Coordination Commission or FCORD was created in direct response to Nation Incursions. It main purpose is to alert of Incursions and help marshal fleets to repel them.

Author Topic: Speakeasy sub-forums  (Read 1128 times)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Speakeasy sub-forums
« on: 10 Sep 2010, 17:29 »

I've been thinking of adding a few sub-forums to the 'speakeasy' section.

What I had in mind were sections for Movies and TV, books, and music discussions. These are things people can talk a lot about, and many people are generally interested in. Alternately there could be a single section for all three, if 3 sections strikes people as overkill.

My initial idea would be 3 sections, though. Each would have a 'recommendations' sticky (in the case of music, maybe a sticky for recommendations thread - each thread being for a different genre?). Then if you wanted to discuss a specific movie/book/band you could make a thread for that purpose. (With a single section, there could be 3 stickies, ofc.)

This would give members a specific place to go for this kind of discussion, or if they were looking for recommendations from others in the community. I also think that just the existence of the section would encourage people to start threads, as it would have a focus that the more general 'speakeasy' parent forum section doesn't.

Anyway, thoughts? Proposals for alternate ways of doing things, or other sub-forum ideas?

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: Speakeasy sub-forums
« Reply #1 on: 10 Sep 2010, 19:48 »

I'd suggest a "Media" area, since it's better to have one semi-active board (encouraging growth) than three that never see attention. Once it has achieved more activity, splitting it would be an option.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: Speakeasy sub-forums
« Reply #2 on: 10 Sep 2010, 23:49 »

I think you're probably right. If it is popular, I can always split it later.

It would just be a matter of finding some poor sap to sort through the old entries and sort them into the new sections, if it ever came to that.
* Silver Night eyes Casiella thoughtfully.