Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sani Sabik sectarian law-enforcement organization is called the Bleeders, and is a combination of priests and policemen? (The Burning Life, p. 18)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 48389 times)

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #255 on: 03 Dec 2011, 02:07 »

True.

Ironically, it's the Vampires that have the control issues.

A little backwards if you ask me.

Aww, da fuck? D:

Bethesda... da fuck.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Kemekk

• Amarrian Ultranationalist
  • Wetgraver
  • Dei ta Reshios
« Reply #256 on: 03 Dec 2011, 12:47 »

I'm a little disappointed by lycanthropy.

I mean it's neat having the best oshit button in existence, though I haven't used it yet, and being immune to disease.
But I don't feel like a lycan. The only real side effect is not being given rested bonuses. Being totally in control, kind of lessens the awesomeness, if you ask me.

If you're using the Companions werewolf form you have total control, but if you get the Cursed Ring of Hircine you have no control over when you will transform.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #257 on: 03 Dec 2011, 20:57 »

Ooh!

I did not know that.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #258 on: 03 Dec 2011, 21:03 »

You can get a cleansed ring of hircine that lets you do a 2nd wolf-transform per day.

But for me, wolf form is pathetically weak compared to my vanilla form. I have a fucking hammer that does 415 dmg + 30 health drain + 30 stamina drain, or thereabouts. So basically 830 dmg on power attacks (which ignore 75% of enemy armour) and the ability to launch infinite power attacks thx to the stamina drain.

When I transform into wolf form, it seems like the only thing I can do is scratch people violently. More of a pussywolf than a werewolf, really.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #259 on: 03 Dec 2011, 21:08 »

The best thing about wolf-form is the charging power attack which one-shots just about anyone. Knocking a boss-char across the room and wailing on them as they struggle to stand is nice too.

Many LOLs have been had by knocking enemies off of castle towers or high cliffs with a furry backhand of doom.

But yeah, I've reached that point now where it's no longer a big boost in damage.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #260 on: 04 Dec 2011, 20:22 »

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #261 on: 04 Dec 2011, 20:25 »

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #262 on: 04 Dec 2011, 23:39 »

Unnecessary Censorship in Skyrim...

Utterly hilarious...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIxlF86usAE&feature=related
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #263 on: 05 Dec 2011, 01:58 »

Level 44 Nord Warrior/Mage so far.

200+ hours spent in game.

2nd Character to level 15

STILL HAVENT DONE THREE MAIN QUEST LINES AND LESS THAN 50% EXPLORED MAP.
So. Freaking. Amazing.

I am loving the dual wielding swords, Dual Legendary Daedric Longswords just shreds anything.
Elder Dragons? 2-3 power attacks.
Master Vampires? 2-3 power attacks.
End-game Boss? Several, but by no means hugely difficult with a bunch of good potions.
Its just rediculously lethal - and with soooo much health/armour its just flying whirlwind of carnage.
RP wise, he is an Imperial loyalist swordsman with the dovakhin powers and minor magical capabilites (Enough to get to arch-mage! Booyah!) and the best bit is I can just immerse myself in it as well, the game is so in depth and flexible you can just see the story roll out in your mind as the game is playing... flawlessly and it fits perfectly.

I love this game, cannot stop playing it....

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #264 on: 05 Dec 2011, 04:22 »

Good god.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z9TdDCWN7g&feature=player_embedded

Can't
stop
watching

I do love the bit when she breaks off into Draconic but I can't help but feel she overdid it too much with the echo.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #266 on: 06 Dec 2011, 03:56 »

Right, I guess it's time to start looking a bit more... critically at this game. It's been out for a while and it's good, but there's... criticisms to be laid at it's feet! (Insert gasping, shock and horror.)

It does in fact have some serious issues. Let's try to make a list.
1. Bugs. Holy hell the bugs. I've gotten so many CTDs, corrupted savegames and other shit that it's infuriating.
 - Unexplained CTDs come along often. I don't know anyone who doesn't get them. Get comfy with the Quicksave Key folks.
 - Physics/animation bugs. Models flying in mid-air, things falling through the world, flailing corpses and so on and so forth.
 - Script/quest bugs. Quests bugging out for unknown reasons, making them unfinishable. Often tied to NPC conversation or missing NPCs.
 - Graphics bugs. Missing textures, missing HEADS, missing a lot of stuff. Often heralds CTDs.
2. Balance issues.
 - It is quite possible to level yourself out of range of your missions or screw up and become vastly underpowered.
 - Different story/questlines have -vastly- different difficulties. Companions vs College is an example. One is too easy at level 4, one is nigh impossible at 10.
3. Bethesda still aren't too good at storytelling. The world holds its breath doing nothing while the Champion is off picking flowers and raiding random dungeons. Nothing happens unless the player makes it happen.
4. Marriage completely dunces the character you choose. Watching Mjoll the Lioness suddenly turn into a mewling cub was a facepalm moment.
5. The Brotherhood questline was utter shite compared to the Oblivion one. I liked the story, but the missions were horribad. How do you do that?
6. Seriously underpowered Werewolf form. What the hell?
7. Still not any good at characterization. Portal 2 did with three characters what Bethesda couldn't with three thousand. None of the characters in the game got beyond their two dimensional archetype.
8. Sneak is still bloody broken.

There's more criticism to lay at Skyrim's feet, but these are the things that I remembered off the top of my head. Is it still one of the best games of the year? Absolutely... but as the shine wore off and the bugs and issues started being harder and harder to ignore... well, other games went off with the GOTY title as far as I'm concerned. It's a great game... but it's got issues.

Kala

• Egger
« Reply #267 on: 06 Dec 2011, 05:28 »

mm. yeah, I'm finding the more you play, the more bugs you encounter and the more  :ugh: things get.  Don't get me wrong - it's probably the only game I'm currently enjoying; certainly the only one I'm spending a lot of time in. But... shit really does need fixing.

Only a few minutes ago my character became completely stuck while trying to enchant something. I think it might be something to do with the renaming...but the keyboard stopped working in the enchant screen. I could use the mouse, select, unselect, go into disenchant, soulgems...wherever I liked. But tab to exit didn't work. No keys worked. It hadn't crashed, as I could see characters walking around. Trying to force a save in the console, it couldn't save at this time.  (I did get out of it, with the console commant tm and clicked with the mouse so the char drew a weapon, taking her away from the enchant. keyboard still didn't work, so forced save, qqq, then reloaded and it was fine...)

I think the quest/npc bugged ones are the worst though. I was completely screwed in the companion quest line. [spoiler]the bit where it's the head guys funeral[/spoiler] - basically, when they finished the dialogue they were all 'busy' and wouldn't speak to me. One npc was missing (and I could only get to him with tcl) and when I did speak to him, he was busy too. I tried setting the stage to complete, but it did the same for the next stage, and the one after that...just completely bugged all the way through. I tried resting, leaving the area coming back, nothing helped.

I will have to reload from an earlier save I think, but in the space between the two saves I'd gained quite a few levels and there's no guarentee it won't end up the same way  :mad: so I've just been playing other characters  :|

I don't mind the occasional crash too much tbh...you kind of expect that. Annnnd...they've always been buggy, really...It's not been long since release so I spect there'll be plenty of patches sorting the bugs. They just can't come soon enough imo  :P

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #268 on: 06 Dec 2011, 10:36 »

I noticed a lot of random crashes at first (no error, just game closing) but after I started using the 4GB trick I've seen almost no crashes. Probably a case of YMMV, but for anyone running a 64 bit OS it should help. I noticed that the weird texture bug I saw at the beginning (purple textures) stopped happening after I did that. That problem also heralded an incoming CTD.

Sometimes the melee controls get rather unresponsive, especially if you are dual wielding. Makes the Elemental Fury shout borderline useless sometimes, as you should be attacking every half second but because of picky click timing you end up swinging once every two seconds...

Aside from the texture bug I mentioned I haven't run into much problems graphically. Mostly random odd physics bugs. Not sure if enemies always flying away like they just got hit by a truck after a dual power attack counts as a bug or not.  :lol:
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23