Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That "gods and spirits" is a popular Achura and Minmatar expression of disbelief?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Research Race of Y116 In Game Event  (Read 8917 times)

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
Re: Research Race of Y116 In Game Event
« Reply #75 on: 20 Oct 2014, 15:27 »

It may just be that the really big collector types missed it.

Also tactics were involved :) PIE's lump sum donation of 200k that gave Ascentior the prize wasn't added till after the last update on the scores. Neither was Luna's donation. Also Amarr being so far behind on that last update seems to have spurred a lot of small donations from Amarr people. It (along with Gallente) would also have seemed the "attainable" prize, which may have spurred non-partisan donations.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #76 on: 20 Oct 2014, 21:05 »

Besides the Amarr organization (which obviously was the best), I think part of it is that the traders simply didn't care. They trade. They make ISK. Dropping tens of billions of ISK down the drain for a bit of lore just isn't in that DNA. I have to admit that process eventually won me over OOCly. I just couldn't donate, I'll hold onto them for six months to a year and see where the prices are then.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #77 on: 20 Oct 2014, 22:10 »

Gallente finishing dead-last is absolutely no surprise to me whatsoever, given all the conditions needed to pull off a win for them - but besides the RP-centric loyalists donating, all the "I want a new shiny bling missile-boat for my mission-humping" Caldari mission-runners losing is strangely not as enjoyable as I had expected. Likely the sweet design of the Corax is to blame for this - a sweet T3 missile Destroyer would be rather nice to have. Ofc, given balancing needs one is likely going to pop up eventually, but after the Amarr one.

Speaking of Amarr, congrats on that well-executed victory, well deserved. I'm expecting a nice, shiny golden Lazor PEWPEWPEW boat to be out in not to long. It's gonna be sweet, I just hope the overall astetics are nicer than the Legion, I'm a little let-down by that tbh.

Oh well, bound to be nicer-looking than the Proteus, at least.

Streya

• Egger
« Reply #78 on: 20 Oct 2014, 23:06 »

OOC, I'm rather happy the Amarr T3 destroyer is coming out first since most of my offensive SP is in Amarr stuff (neuts, lasers, etc). Well executed, and I can't wait to see these new ships in action!

Jandice Ymladris

• Collector of Civilians!
  • Wetgraver
    • Aurora Arcology News
« Reply #79 on: 21 Oct 2014, 01:51 »

Concerning the Tech 3 destroyers & the balance issue of tech 3 cruisers.
I think CCP doesn't really know how to balance the tech 3 cruisers without them losing their most important asset: flexibility. One of the reasons for their hard time might be they just lack enough solid knowledge on flexible ships. The release of tech 3 destroyers would give them some additional good ideas about balancing flexible ships & making players happy with a new shipline.

On a totally different note, no ingame news article yet about the result of the research race, so feeling like Aurora News is (for the moment) the 'official' news source for the Research race final result.

Makoto Priano

« Reply #80 on: 24 Oct 2014, 22:07 »

Also, if the T3 dessies are due out in December, it's entirely conceivable that we'll get the T3 cruiser rebalance thread in the next month.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]