Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 1st Praetorian Guard is an Amarrian Imperial Navy-affiliated Special Operations unit? Read more here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Research Race of Y116 In Game Event  (Read 9020 times)

Lunarisse Aspenstar

Re: Research Race of Y116 In Game Event
« Reply #45 on: 14 Oct 2014, 10:12 »

I am a bit surprised that the Amarr did not end up a solid second and Gallente a little more solidly in last.

Some very large donations from the Amarr were waiting for the last minute and I know they were turned in so we'll see.  Still judging from turn-out overall, who the heck knows now where any of the empires will end up except the Caldari who I expect to be first based on scuttlebutt.   :twisted:

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #46 on: 14 Oct 2014, 10:15 »

Yeah, we'll see. I'm rather curious to see what the prices of Libraries will do now.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #47 on: 14 Oct 2014, 11:25 »

We don't know where Amarr ended up. Amarr RPers, who did not as a whole donate particularly early, put in at least 250k points yesterday (about 200k of that from PIE alone).

That would have put us at 410k at least and above Caldari, even considering the large donations by people like Solecist.

Of course, if more than just us decided to wait until the last minute, which the 3m total point value indicates, then this is anyone's game at this point.
« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2014, 11:39 by Samira Kernher »

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #48 on: 14 Oct 2014, 13:59 »

The Caldari side is iffy. My guess is that a lot of traders were trying to wait and see if their donations were needed - otherwise they'll hold onto the Libraries until next year and hope they can make money off of them.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #49 on: 14 Oct 2014, 14:07 »

Caldari most likely lost due to whoever made the mistake of donating over the weekend and pushing it to 300k. That would have encouraged all the greedy people hoping to get their names on items to donate to the other factions. It's a major reason PIE waited until the last day.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #50 on: 14 Oct 2014, 14:08 »

I'm still just waiting to see if we'll ever get something RP worthy. A'J was pretty bad, the Incursion thing got railroaded so hard, and here we're delivering doodads in order to... what exactly?

Jesus CCP, just bloody advance the story, will you? Have the Empires do something worth reacting to!

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #51 on: 14 Oct 2014, 14:58 »

Caldari most likely lost due to whoever made the mistake of donating over the weekend and pushing it to 300k. That would have encouraged all the greedy people hoping to get their names on items to donate to the other factions. It's a major reason PIE waited until the last day.

That and pushing it to 300k will make others think theirs are not needed to make their side win. So during those moments over the weekend when the sell orders hit 600k again, some of them may have offloaded theirs. Or just sat on them waiting until next year.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #52 on: 14 Oct 2014, 15:04 »

That and pushing it to 300k will make others think theirs are not needed to make their side win. So during those moments over the weekend when the sell orders hit 600k again, some of them may have offloaded theirs. Or just sat on them waiting until next year.

My head hurts.  This reminds me too much of this... (Bonus Points for the Movie!)

Man in Black:  All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.
Vizzini: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You've made your decision then?
Vizzini: Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.
Man in Black: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
Vizzini: Wait till I get going! Now, where was I?
Man in Black: Australia.
Vizzini: Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You're just stalling now.
Vizzini: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work.
Vizzini: IT HAS WORKED! YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY! I KNOW WHERE THE POISON IS!
Man in Black: Then make your choice.
Vizzini: I will, and I choose - What in the world can that be?
Man in Black: [Vizzini gestures up and away from the table. Roberts looks. Vizzini swaps the goblets]
Man in Black: What? Where? I don't see anything.
Vizzini: Well, I- I could have sworn I saw something. No matter. First, let's drink. Me from my glass, and you from yours.
Man in Black, Vizzini: [Vizzini and the Man in Black drink]
Man in Black: You guessed wrong.
Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...
Vizzini: [Vizzini stops suddenly, his smile frozen on his face and falls to the ground dead]

*sighs* All I know is it persuaded my char, icly, she had to make a *real* donation to try to help versus her initial token donation, although I'm feeling a bit like the Sicilian right now!

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #53 on: 14 Oct 2014, 15:19 »

There's nothing wrong with donating. Don't let the 'independents' jeer you out of taking satisfaction in it. There are plenty of characters where it would be a meaningful gesture.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #54 on: 15 Oct 2014, 03:06 »

Renard is a dev actor ?

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #55 on: 15 Oct 2014, 04:13 »

No. The independents was a player-initiated AJ type thing.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #56 on: 15 Oct 2014, 05:07 »

But he answers to CCP or something so that independents are taken into account ?

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #57 on: 15 Oct 2014, 05:37 »

But he answers to CCP or something so that independents are taken into account ?

No...

CCP never did an accounting of the independents. All independent numbers came from Renaud himself.

CCP basically gave token support to the independents in the form of, "Hey, we recognize that you're doing stuff, and it's cool, but we can't really promise anything." There was nothing official involved in any of the independent stuff short of a pat on the back.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #58 on: 15 Oct 2014, 05:37 »

The difference between the third-party one by Renaud and the other four, is that if CCP does nothing with it, everyone who donated to him will get their ISK (or blue loot) back at the NPC buy order prices (iirc).
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #59 on: 15 Oct 2014, 06:02 »

Ah ok I see. Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6