Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Minmatar military specifically recruits hardened criminals for service in its elite Valklear units, and that many of the Republic's most senior officers were originally recruited in this way?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Hello again!  (Read 5535 times)

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
Re: Hello again!
« Reply #30 on: 14 May 2012, 13:47 »

I dont think Nico counts as a liberal. I think she counts as 'So conservative she sort of wraps back around and comes in from the other side.'
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #31 on: 14 May 2012, 15:02 »

There is only Zhuul.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #32 on: 15 May 2012, 03:19 »

Oh btw, Raze seems to have inherited from his parent's frown.

I dont think Nico counts as a liberal. I think she counts as 'So conservative she sort of wraps back around and comes in from the other side.'

Well, for me thats exactly what a liberal is. To my opinion a lot of players play amarrian liberals (and I mean, not exiled ones), but they do not seem to really think like Amarrians anymore, but more like us IRL. They are strongly anti slavery, etc etc. You can be, sure, but I doubt that even Heideran was, and yet he was a damned liberal to amarrian standards. Lyn spoken ICly a lot with Nico and I can assure you that she is, but if I am mistaken Nico will correct me. :p
« Last Edit: 15 May 2012, 03:32 by Lyn Farel »

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #33 on: 15 May 2012, 03:43 »

Oh hai.

Valadeus

« Reply #34 on: 15 May 2012, 06:08 »

Oh btw, Raze seems to have inherited from his parent's frown.

Well, for me thats exactly what a liberal is. To my opinion a lot of players play amarrian liberals (and I mean, not exiled ones), but they do not seem to really think like Amarrians anymore, but more like us IRL. They are strongly anti slavery, etc etc. You can be, sure, but I doubt that even Heideran was, and yet he was a damned liberal to amarrian standards. Lyn spoken ICly a lot with Nico and I can assure you that she is, but if I am mistaken Nico will correct me. :p

Pretty much this, actually. It's ironic, but ultra-conservative Amarr are "liberal." If we look at Amarrian history, the Amarr Empire was not always ruled by a God-Emperor, it was ruled by an Emperor subject to the translated will of God by the Council of Apostles. It wasn't until the Empire underwent massive political and social reform that shifted all the power from God to the Emperor (by making the Emperor the divine incarnation of God) and put into place the security net known as the Theology Council and the Privy Council.

All of this occurred approximately 1500 years ago, which would have been a few hundred years (about 800) before the generations-long enslavement of the Minmatar. Before that point, slavery wasn't actually slavery (if you read the history of the Ni-Kunni, you get a much better idea of what "slavery" to the Amarr actually was before this time). Raze, who was called liberal, was actually trying to restore the Empire to it's ancient roots, removing the deity of the Emperor, restoring the sanctity of Scripture and focusing on the Spiritual Reclaiming (not the physical one).

Lyn Farel

« Reply #35 on: 15 May 2012, 12:31 »

It might necessitate another subject on the matter, but I wouldnt call Tetrimonists and Theocrats (ultra conservative), well, liberals either. Liberal always means a very laissez-faire mindset, and  most of the factions in Eve are often the most outspoken partisans of foreign relations and diplomatic contacts. That is not what Tetrimon and even the Empire under the apostles were. Instead of a total power centered around the Emperor, it was a power mainly held by the clergy and the apostles iirc. I think that the old Amarr Empire worked kindof like the old monarchies with the clergy and the pope in the time of the crusades. The Emperor probably had a lot of power over political and internal matters (except the religious ones), but the apostles were the one conducting the Empire general policies, crusades, etc. And also doing the job of the current theology council.

Anyway, that is an entire different breed for me, definitly not liberal.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #36 on: 15 May 2012, 15:56 »

Totally didn't notice this ::thread:: until today.

Have another cube!

:cube:

Edit: Changed threat to thread XD YA FREUDIAN SLIPS
« Last Edit: 16 May 2012, 00:08 by Aldrith Shutaq »

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #37 on: 15 May 2012, 17:44 »

Totally didn't notice this threat

Oh come on, Raze is harmless.

It's Vicky you need to be scared of  ;)
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #38 on: 16 May 2012, 14:45 »

Just noticed this - welcome back!

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #39 on: 17 May 2012, 16:44 »

And here I was working on getting you a proper bodyguard when I noticed that Xane has bit the bullet.

You have GOT to stop offing your toons, man. It gets hard to keep track of you, and by all accounts you are a dearly cherished individual around here. Pick a toon your happy with and roll. Is it really as hard as it seems?

Valadeus

« Reply #40 on: 17 May 2012, 18:43 »

I removed Xane because I was unable to play him as an individual apart from Raze and frankly, that was not the intention for him.

I'm playing a toon right now that I"m sticking with...at least for next couple of weeks or so. >.>

Yes, it's hard. :(

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #41 on: 20 May 2012, 14:45 »

Weeks? He lasted for 5 days.

Stop.

Offing.

Your damn toons!  :bash:

Valadeus

« Reply #42 on: 20 May 2012, 16:57 »

Stop.

Offing.

But it's so much fun! It keeps people on their toes (not really)!

Anyway, I was mostly trying to find a character I was comfortable with, I apologize for frustrating you. I'm even more concerned because I don't think I know who you play IC and that makes me feel like a bad person.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #43 on: 20 May 2012, 18:43 »

Stop.

Offing.

But it's so much fun! It keeps people on their toes (not really)!

Anyway, I was mostly trying to find a character I was comfortable with, I apologize for frustrating you. I'm even more concerned because I don't think I know who you play IC and that makes me feel like a bad person.

None of my toons are currently active.

I'm not so much annoyed or frustrated that you keep ditching them, that's your prerogative to do as you please with your own toons; it's more that I've a tendency not to create any toon unless I've an idea and concept ready for it. Ergo, I don't make toons, then try to come up with names, life histories, habits and such.

I go out of my way to decide and generate all that for a concept that I like - a specific kind of character I want to play. When I then go to EVE, I've a complete plan for who and what this toon will be, then create said toon and get going.

What you are *appearing* to do, is create a toon at random or with minimal or lacking ideas, then try to define who this person will be or do - and so far it seems like you fail badly at that, ending with a toon your not happy with, delete, and replace with the next half-hearted try.

I can easily be wrong about the above, but that's the impression. It looks like nothing but a complete waste of your own and everyone else's time. Why not sit down and figure out for yourself what kind of character you wish to play; when you have a basic frame-work that you like and are eager to play worked out, you create the toon and take things from there.

I don't know about you, but for me this has worked so well that my biggest problem is that I've to many ideas and concepts and can't hope to have the time nor money to play all of them, so I have to prioritize the ones I like the most.

In short, I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but in my mind your just wasting your time, and in effect the time of anyone interacting with your toons when they end up a pulp of biomass a week later. Try to figure out what you would like to play the most, before setting out.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #44 on: 21 May 2012, 05:00 »

Knowing how the Valadeus create their characters there is always something already reasoned and built behind. To my eyes it is more a case when Raze happens not to enjoy his character as expected.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4