Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sansha Kuvakei was an industrial mogul before founding his Nation? Moar here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Prophecy - Deciphering the clues  (Read 9416 times)

Shiori

Re: The Prophecy - Deciphering the clues
« Reply #15 on: 04 May 2014, 08:24 »

Vaari on Backstage..?

WHERE IS THE +1 BUTTON
WHERE

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #16 on: 04 May 2014, 08:39 »

If the order didn't come from the top at all, but rather from the Theology Council or MIO, and the Throne wasn't informed, then I think the most likely culprit is Yonis Ardishapur. This especially considering Aridia as the staging location of the fleet in the trailer. The Mandate has its own fleets, and likely also hosts several Imperial fleets that Yonis could 'borrow'.

I know nothing (much) about the Heirs, but you know that the Ammatar Mandate and Aridia are literally on opposite sides of the Empire right?

"Borrowing" a fleet from one side of the Empire to the other would be near impossible to hide I expect.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #17 on: 04 May 2014, 10:56 »

Well derp. That's what I get for winning EVE, I suppose. Ignore everything about Yonis then.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #18 on: 04 May 2014, 11:51 »

I'd vote for a Theology Council or MIO force, maybe one of the larger minor houses in Aridia? 

"My Lord" can be a pretty all-encompassing title to Amarr, I think anyone after a certain point on the hierarchy is a 'lord' to someone else.

It was a pretty great trailer though, as the EVE trailers often are when they do actual 'lore' focused mini movies. 

Seriously though, I would, and I'm sure many others would, pay very good money for full-length CGI films of this quality.

In-fiction, lore based, cgi films are the way to go for this kind of stuff. 

Ber Kan

• Clonejack
« Reply #19 on: 04 May 2014, 13:11 »

Im going to cap thing's to see what hint's or clues there are to this.  Let's begin:

1)  The man speaking.  No name, nothing.  Not even a face.  Unlike the trailer for Kuvakei which we SEE him.  This one is bare and blank with just a voice.

'From the formless void, this brings an entity.  more primordial than the elements themselves.  in it's wake, it will follow a storm."...."In it's wake it will follow a storm.'

2)  We have Sarum and her close councilor.  About heretics constructing a gate.(This is only a massive hint, as CCP has been wanting to bring expansion to EVE for a long while now.  So why not event it.  But interesting to make the event as this.)

3)  Drekar Alliance command.  As stated before, they were robbed for billions and trillions and asset's removed.  The fact they were able to rebuild, so much so to this point is pretty amazing.  But let's look through what they have as their commanders.  1- Dust CO, 2- Valkyrie Co, 3- Capsuleer CO.  A hint most likely all three will need to work together in order to accomplish the needed missions.

They are meeting at a "new" kind of unseen gate.  And from the looks, is VERY large.  Also, the fact that this will change the eve universe forever.  This is a very big hint, that this will change many power houses and players within all Empires.  To see who, and what is affected greatly will be shown over time.

3)  The Imperial fleet.  Within Aridia.  This can only come to that the main houses in Aridia will be told to, or given the job of Destroying this gate.  This means it is something the Empire will not sit idly by.  As from what we see, is a very large fleet indeed.

4) A hint on this new gate.  It launches an EMP charge within it's surrounding area.  We watch this sequence being done with 1:30 in.

Personal thing:  That fleet sequence for Drekar, then the Imperial warp in....beautiful.
a- no cyno on field - titan bridges in?  lits immediate DD on a hel?  interesting...

5)  So, are both fleets officially lost?  Where was the titan within the wreckage? 

This does seem like there will be a massive coming and new lands to explore.  As well as, who is supporting the Drekar alliance?  Who really is behind the chess pieces for them? 

Hopefully soon, we will find out more, or be given more clues.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #20 on: 04 May 2014, 21:52 »

That might be reading into it possibly too much?

I think we've seen plenty of these trailers take lore a bit liberally. 

Drekar is just the CCP way of showing this sort of thing being done by us the capsuleers, and using the Amarr as perhaps as a stand in for the 'empires' being opposed.  This goes in line with the last several rounds of promotional material of 'us vs them.'

Just like the ghost site trailer probably showed a 'general' example of how that gameplay worked, i think this one might be a 'general' trailer of where they are heading story wise.

PracticalTechnicality

« Reply #21 on: 05 May 2014, 04:40 »

Drekar is just the CCP way of showing this sort of thing being done by us the capsuleers, and using the Amarr as perhaps as a stand in for the 'empires' being opposed.  This goes in line with the last several rounds of promotional material of 'us vs them.'

Just like the ghost site trailer probably showed a 'general' example of how that gameplay worked, i think this one might be a 'general' trailer of where they are heading story wise.

This is similar to my line of thinking - DREKAR alliance is an 'alternate' universe showing what might be in ours.  As it is, DREKAR was disbanded in 'The Butterfly Effect' and so we know that there is a broken continuity in place. 

Essentially, these trailers are a glimpse into what could be, but not what will be by a long shot. 

Lyn Farel

« Reply #22 on: 05 May 2014, 05:16 »

So, Drekar actually doesn't exist anymore ?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #23 on: 05 May 2014, 08:06 »

I think they represent 'us' the player alliance organizations.  Because you know there only be independent capsuleers out there and none of us fly for the factions :P

Further edit...

Is this the 'other' working through different parties to open a gateway? Is double-Jamyl still a thing?
« Last Edit: 05 May 2014, 08:13 by Silas Vitalia »

PracticalTechnicality

« Reply #24 on: 05 May 2014, 09:49 »

DREKAR never existed - it is a plot device for a 'what could be' series of trailers.  In the same way that the state of Plotdevice-istan or 'Russian sounding not-Russians' in a variety of FPS provide a relate-able, but 'not equivalent' representation of real world powers; apart from in this case it is a showcase of a series of events that may have unfolded, rather than an NPC entity within the game itself.

Pretty standard plot device for demonstrative trailers that don't want to imprint what they are showing as 'actions that actually happened', but instead wish to highlight possibilities. 

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #25 on: 05 May 2014, 10:12 »

Pretty much this. Also, don't the hard-line ultra-conservatives of Amarr orthodoxy regard capsuleers/clone soldiers as soulless abominations? That might explain the 'heretic' reference.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #26 on: 05 May 2014, 12:12 »

Pretty much this. Also, don't the hard-line ultra-conservatives of Amarr orthodoxy regard capsuleers/clone soldiers as soulless abominations? That might explain the 'heretic' reference.

'heretics' referred to non-imperials

capsuleers' souls status has never been resolved IC :( 

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #27 on: 05 May 2014, 15:22 »

People are really reading too much into this like they do all the other trailers that have been released previously.

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #28 on: 05 May 2014, 15:27 »

I thought the trailer was nice. Behold my controversial opinions!

Demion Samenel

• Commander
  • Egger
    • 4TH blog
« Reply #29 on: 05 May 2014, 15:39 »

People are really reading too much into this like they do all the other trailers that have been released previously.

Yes
Pages: 1 [2] 3