Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That cleaner bombs can remove small messes, including lingering aromas?(The Burning Life p 33)

Author Topic: Galnet Free Comms Hub: A Reddit Based Roleplay Space  (Read 1065 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

URL: http://www.reddit.com/r/EVERoleplay/
Description: Galnet Free Comms Hub is a Galnet based communications platform, allowing anyone with a galnet connection to post to the circuit. Moderation is conducted independently of factional allegiances. The space may be used for anything desired. May be considered as a sort of in character instance of reddit.
Rules:
Maintain good Retiquette , treat other posters with respect.
NSFW posts must be tagged.
All posts must be in character, OOC posts will be removed.
Add character name to link flair.
Proof must be submitted to the mods when claiming to be a certain capsuleer or DUST soldier. Users found impersonating a capsuleer, political figure, or DUST soldier will be banned. (this can be done with a mod mail showing a screenshot of chat text with the character identifying with the reddit account, or with an ingame OOC mail to Saede Riordan. )

I've created this space as an RP space off of the main EVE site. Why have I done this?

1. I'm banned from the official boards and want to have an out of game RP space, I'll be upfront about that. My motivations aren't entirely altruistic.

2. A problem with the EVE forums is that it is restricted to capsuleers, this space allows anyone in New Eden with a galnet connection to post.

3. Variety is good, and having a different space with a different atmosphere is I think good for roleplay.

4. Its easy to make numerous accounts on reddit, to account for any desired alts.

Why Reddit?

In the past, when discussions of IC spaces off of the EVE site came up, oftentimes privacy concerns were cited, wherein the mods would be able to see the IP address of posters, and thus reveal the identity of alts people would prefer are kept secret. Using reddit solves this problem in that only reddit administrators can see the IP addresses of accounts. This means that the player identities of characters are protected.

How will moderation be handled?

Lightly, posts will only be removed if they are out of character, impersonating another player, or violate the reddit TOS. There will be no IC moderation of posts, and no OOC moderation of content, except for in the above instances.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
Re: Galnet Free Comms Hub: A Reddit Based Roleplay Space
« Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 2013, 17:22 »

2. A problem with the EVE forums is that it is restricted to capsuleers, this space allows anyone in New Eden with a galnet connection to post.

There is precedence that non-Capsuleers commonly browse/view the GalNet we players see and use. The few instances of a non-Capsuleer posting to it has been strictly through actor-esque entities. This is perhaps not well reinforced these days, but it is not wholly locked to Capsuleers.

That all aside, perhaps the reddit section will draw in new blood for the community.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #2 on: 26 Apr 2013, 17:27 »

I believe she means that dusters can't use the the IGS because they can't use the EVE boards at all.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 26 Apr 2013, 17:35 »

I believe she means that dusters can't use the the IGS because they can't use the EVE boards at all.

DUSTies can't, and baseliners can't either (unless being controlled by a dev) this will allow both those groups to post and roleplay in a non-chat channel setting.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #4 on: 26 Apr 2013, 19:34 »

neat. I'll check this out when I get home.

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 27 Apr 2013, 09:39 »

This...is relevant to my interests.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 27 Apr 2013, 11:49 »

I'm also going to be looking for additional people to help as moderators too, as well as help to set up a nice looking EVE themed CSS stylesheet for the page.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #7 on: 28 Apr 2013, 04:01 »

Not really a fan of Reddit, but I might take a look.

Keep in mind you very very likely won't get any (direct) CCP interaction with stuff posted there. People will still have to use the IGS and ingame methods to interact with actors and such.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Aelisha Montenagre

« Reply #8 on: 28 Apr 2013, 05:04 »

In the interim between dust/eve social integration being a reality, this is something that might get me to try reddit out.  Let's give this a go.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #9 on: 29 Apr 2013, 12:33 »

Color me interested, since I can actually access reddit from work, unlike many sites. And hey look, it's somewhere to be IC while unsubbed. I've got this itch to scratch...