Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Saxon Hawke's son Ravi died in a drug-related hovercar crash that had connections to the Serpentis "Aenebra" cult? Read more about it here

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Risen Angels is looking for targets  (Read 5057 times)

Alexander Rykis

Re: Risen Angels is looking for targets
« Reply #15 on: 04 Sep 2010, 06:20 »

Suggestions for pvp training?

Why on earth would you war dec? It costs money that can better be used to help put your newer members back in ships more often. You don't have to spend money on a wardec to get pvp.

I know you are married to the idea of living out of Amarr because it has a market, but here is the best advice I could give you.

Move. To. Curse.

BPK, XX9, Doril, G-0Q2... any of these systems are great places to live out of. You want them to learn? Throw them in the deep end and make them lose a metric fuckton of rifters and ruptures. That 4m you used to wardec x corp could be used to buy 4 rifters.

Don't like the market there? I'm sure out of all the friends you have here, someone has a damn carrier or a JF. Buy a bunch of ships, fit them, rig them, move to Curse, pop cyno and now you magically have ships in Curse. You're honestly not going to be in a better area near amarr for quality small gang pew pew.

Low sec mechanics =/= 0.0 mechanics. Lots of fights in low sec happen on gates. You don't have the membership with the SP to be able to survive fighting on gates. Plus, you're also kind of forcing them to kill their sec status.

So "That's why we wardec. So we can shoot them in low sec without the sec hit." right? Wrong. When you war dec a corp and only go after them, you're limiting your target base. The best way to train a noob how to fight is to put them in a position where they have to fight everyone they run into. Stick them in 0.0 and make them learn to pay attention.
« Last Edit: 04 Sep 2010, 06:24 by Alexander Rykis »

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #16 on: 04 Sep 2010, 08:06 »

Uh....no Alex, I'm doing wardecs because wardecs are fun. I like wardecs, its been my thing since I started eve.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Aodha Khan

« Reply #17 on: 06 Sep 2010, 01:21 »

Have you thought about working with other Angel Cartel corporations? Your numbers are very low, might be a good idea.  ;)

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo
« Reply #18 on: 06 Sep 2010, 03:32 »

Empire wars can be fun if you get a bit of resistance and not wholesale hiding out.

Was in a five man corp ages ago that did "trade wars" we each had our trade alts along with the PvP main in a corp and when we got continously undercut by someone in a fairsized corp with activity we kindly asked them to back off or suffer the concequences.

Sometimes it was endless roams with nary a target that still taught us fleet cohesion and how to effectively move around as well as scouting.
Other times we got ganks that taught us what it was to F1-F8 without risk.
Then of course there was the stand up fight usually being outnumbered. It taught us the necessity of good fleet composition,hit and run tactics as well as the value of a good FC.

Was a great time that taught me a lot. What was interesting was that often these corps would call in other corps they were friendly with for counterdeccing making it a full scale blowout in some high sec corner of whatever empire.
Regarding what ships I'd say the humble T1 cruiser is always a good choice for starters.
Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #19 on: 06 Sep 2010, 12:56 »

Niki, perhaps you could work out a more formalized Intel sharing agreement with certain allies. ;)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #20 on: 06 Sep 2010, 13:44 »

I have one Cassie, I'm trying to get more folks in it so its more effective, send me a wave ingame and I'll toss you an invite
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 12 Sep 2010, 06:24 »

Deccing a target that can put up a bit of a fight is indeed better for learning.

I'm always happy to dec terrorists, heretics, pirates and other low-lives if they really want to fight and are compatible with my timezone.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #22 on: 12 Sep 2010, 11:46 »

And what timezone is that?

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #23 on: 13 Sep 2010, 10:19 »

And what timezone is that?

Roughly 18:00 - 22:00 EVE time (shifting one hour after daylight savings hits again)

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #24 on: 13 Sep 2010, 11:59 »

Too bad for me then. :(
Pages: 1 [2]