Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kiaor was a notable Minmatar historical figure attributed with saying, "Those whom you hate so fervently, you must have once loved so deeply."

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [Chronicle] Burnt  (Read 3467 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: [Chronicle] Burnt
« Reply #15 on: 25 Aug 2010, 11:40 »

Hmm... It was alright, but it didn't really go anywhere.

Dude comes back to a mining colony several years after causing an accident which killed lots of people. Checks in with the boss, talks to some slimy guy who wants his job and says sorry to the wife of one of the people he injured.

And that's about it.

Some of the 'monologue' bits were quite good, but aside from that the whole chron seems a bit pointless - unless it's the first part of a series or something.

I dunno, am I missing something here?

I dunno Kimochi, I mean yeah, it technically doesn't go anywhere in that regard, but then again, a lot of Chronicles have even less of a conclusion then that, Like the Resurrection Men.

its a slice of life, about a tired old man picking through the wreckage of his existence, getting to his feet one more time.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Jakiin

• Sorceror of Semantic
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #16 on: 25 Aug 2010, 18:22 »

Hmm... It was alright, but it didn't really go anywhere.

Dude comes back to a mining colony several years after causing an accident which killed lots of people. Checks in with the boss, talks to some slimy guy who wants his job and says sorry to the wife of one of the people he injured.

And that's about it.

Some of the 'monologue' bits were quite good, but aside from that the whole chron seems a bit pointless - unless it's the first part of a series or something.

I dunno, am I missing something here?

I dunno Kimochi, I mean yeah, it technically doesn't go anywhere in that regard, but then again, a lot of Chronicles have even less of a conclusion then that, Like the Resurrection Men.

its a slice of life, about a tired old man picking through the wreckage of his existence, getting to his feet one more time.

Resurrection men had something to do with us though. Since we're the audience, that's an important factor.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #17 on: 26 Aug 2010, 07:50 »

I haven't really been impressed by any of the chronicles recently, I prefer the ones that were actually about the storyline, or others that were basically an infodump-coated-with-a-plot.

I think CCP are reluctant to publish storyline chrons given the current live event going on, maybe.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #18 on: 26 Aug 2010, 07:58 »

I actually have rather enjoyed the last few chronicles, I like the slice of life chronicles, they really provide some interesting windows into life in New Eden
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #19 on: 26 Aug 2010, 08:28 »

The more I think about this one, the more I like it.

Think of it in pilot terms: you screw up and lose a ship. Maybe you FCed a gang and did something dumb, so everybody lost their ship. You ragequit for the night.

Do you come back, knowing maybe some folks are pissed? Or do you stay away for good?
Pages: 1 [2]