Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

blueprints are required for manufacture of everything from shuttles to dreadnoughts because of strict anti-copyright infringement laws enforced by the SCC.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Finally Migrated from Chatsubo  (Read 2277 times)

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
Re: Finally Migrated from Chatsubo
« Reply #15 on: 20 Aug 2010, 13:02 »

Welcome!

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette
« Reply #16 on: 22 Aug 2010, 17:01 »

I'm already a daily reader of the ILF forums

Or, as I like to call them, the Mammal and Bataav chat club.

Actually I don't see much of that because the only part I can see is the public section... I wish there was a public OOC section SOOO bad. And that more of the topics where in the public area and/or reply-able to for non-ILF pilots, but I understand the need to keep "bad" eyes out.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #17 on: 22 Aug 2010, 21:57 »

The Ops and War Rooms section are the only real areas that need to be secret.

Just so we don't have pirates turning up to our scheduled mining ops and things like that.

With Chatsubo, what's the history there? Seems like a SF dominated board, right?

Aodha Khan

« Reply #18 on: 23 Aug 2010, 03:29 »

Took your time... :lol:

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #19 on: 23 Aug 2010, 05:31 »

With Chatsubo, what's the history there? Seems like a SF dominated board, right?

I believe a typical answer to this would be complicated and flammable. In short though, Chatsubo is an old board which had its roots in some kind of attempt at mediation between rivals. Thereafter it's played host to countless flame wars and such things. Plenty of people disliked it immensely and popularized their opinions to a degree that a lot of people figured there was only nastiness going around there and ignored the fact that a lot of very good discussion was happening there and for a very long time.

Many folks also considered it to be SF dominated so that would be the word going around, no doubt. It was frequented by plenty of their folks as well as being moderated by some of them. The moderation was light in touch however and while I'm sure someone will come raging with a counter example, but I feel it was done quite well overall. The mild moderation did allow for a style of witty sniping and snarky commentary from many folks which did in fairness turn off many people.

My guess is that it will die away now, though. Right now, I view it as an archive for all that good stuff. Where all that stuff goes if it not only dies away but also goes away from the 'Net is a very good question indeed.
« Last Edit: 23 Aug 2010, 05:38 by GoGo Yubari »

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #20 on: 23 Aug 2010, 05:58 »

Thanks, very reasonable answer.
Pages: 1 [2]