EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE Character Development

Character names: History, reasons, etc.

(1/27) > >>

Misan:
There was a thread about this elsewhere that had a lot of cool responses. Figure it is worth having one here as well. Interesting to see the basis for everyone's character names.

To start, Misan is the name I've used for years for my female mains in various MMOs (DAoC, SWG, WoW, etc). I got it after people started shortening Misanthropite (used as an ironic name for a Healer in DAoC) to Misan. It just kind of stuck from there and because I generally suck at coming up with character names I kept using it.  :roll:

The last name, Pal'taek was suggested by the guy who invited me to play EVE, after I had discovered that the first name was taken. No idea where he got it. Worked out fine as it seems Minmatar players love their apostrophes.

Casiella:
"Casiella" makes more sense to those who read Spanish... "almost her". Mostly because this was the first female character I played seriously in any RPG, MMO or otherwise.

"Truza" seemed to match it, though I started with "truco" ("trick" in Spanish).

I generally think of her as "Casi" for a nickname.

Havohej:
Since Casiella asked before, I'd already posted this in my bio thread thing so I'll just copy what I wrote there regarding Havo's callsign :)

--- Quote ---It's Jehovah backwards, of course, but not really a particular OOC significance - I'm not a Satanist, for example.  When I played WoW there was this warlock named Havohej in the guild I was in (Cult of Luukos guild, Lightninghoof RPPvP server, Horde) and I thought the name was cool as hell.  So when I came to EVE, I jacked it!
--- End quote ---

Natalcya Katla:
Katla is named after a dragon in Astrid Lindgren's book "The Brothers Lionheart" (who may in turn have been named after the Icelandic volcano Katla). The name just always struck me as cool. I chose "Natalcya" to go along with it because I fancied giving her a Slavic-sounding name, and it fit.

The character has always been simply "Katla" to me, though. I rarely refer to her by her first name.

Ember Vykos:
Vykos is form a V:TM character named Sasha Vykos(Myka when he was a he). I loved the name so I decided to use it especially since it sounded pretty cool coupled with Ember. Ember came about when I was brainstorming with a friend of mine about names for her daughter. I moslty came up with not so common ones Ember, Rune, Arika. She didnt use any of em so I been using them for various characters ever since with Ember Vykos being my favorite and always reserved for my main.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version