Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Battle of Tears, between Minmatar and Ammatar forces in YC102, was one of the highest casualty battles ever fought in New Eden.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Sounds of New Eden  (Read 4671 times)

Benjamin Shepherd

Re: The Sounds of New Eden
« Reply #15 on: 24 Aug 2010, 20:42 »

Not to break the subject of this thread, but Tiberius is the only person on Backstage that writes like he's trying to mix prose with words I've yet to hear in the above context.

And that's a good thing, btw.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 25 Aug 2010, 11:06 »

One other thing to take into account is that nobody in Eve speaks English. In effect, they're pretty much all speaking different languages, which are then converted by an extremely sophisticated universal translator.

That being the case, we can likely just go ahead with contemporary terminology (perhaps not too specific) and assume that our characters are simply discussing the latter-day equivalents. Alternatively, if somebody would like to come up with some Eve-era musical "genres," and their histories, that could be an amazing bit of world-building.

April Knox

• Agent Provocateur
  • Clonejack
    • COLD-Wing Boards
« Reply #17 on: 25 Aug 2010, 16:31 »

In my humble opinion, Caldari equals Drum n' Bass!  :twisted:

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #18 on: 25 Aug 2010, 16:50 »

One other thing to take into account is that nobody in Eve speaks English. In effect, they're pretty much all speaking different languages, which are then converted by an extremely sophisticated universal translator.

That being the case, we can likely just go ahead with contemporary terminology (perhaps not too specific) and assume that our characters are simply discussing the latter-day equivalents. Alternatively, if somebody would like to come up with some Eve-era musical "genres," and their histories, that could be an amazing bit of world-building.

something interesting to do would be to come up with the phonetic sound of a given language. Once you know what a language sounds like to speak, you can start working out what it would sound like to sing.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #19 on: 26 Aug 2010, 16:50 »

Music might also be a vector of 'Gallente Cultural Imperialism' in the State.

Similarly, I wonder what the Empire's position on Gallente and Minmatar music is.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #20 on: 26 Aug 2010, 17:01 »

Music might also be a vector of 'Gallente Cultural Imperialism' in the State.

I took a crack at that several weeks back.
Pages: 1 [2]