Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That being a cruel slaver is actually a fitting description for Angel Cartel members as well?

Author Topic: Re: Cartel Culture: Epic Brainstorming Session  (Read 2805 times)

Alexander Rykis

Re: Cartel Culture: Epic Brainstorming Session
« on: 08 Aug 2010, 06:20 »

Huh?  :|

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #1 on: 08 Aug 2010, 07:41 »

Your Television skills need more training.

Alexander Rykis

« Reply #2 on: 08 Aug 2010, 07:52 »

Most of TV is garbage regurgitated into more garbage, honestly.

Except for family guy, south park annnnnnnnnnnd scrubs. before JD left the show.

Alexander Rykis

« Reply #3 on: 09 Aug 2010, 14:33 »

Here I've got proof you're....
* Alexander Rykis sees Aria has beaten him to it

Awww... not again. We got hosed, Tommy

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #4 on: 09 Aug 2010, 16:39 »

might we drift back onto the topic of culture:?
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Alexander Rykis

« Reply #5 on: 09 Aug 2010, 17:44 »

Ah, but we still are talking about culture.

It's just that, what else is there to cover?

Maybe this is why CCP didn't offer much in the way of info. Because the Angels are so culturally diverse that details aren't really needed.

Alexander Rykis

« Reply #6 on: 09 Aug 2010, 21:45 »

Is there a point to be made here Boma?

I mean, if the McDonalds corporate office is in Chicago, are the satellite offices less organized? Do they follow different policies just because they're away from the hub? No, they're not. It's no different. And just because there's no information regarding the offices outside of Curse, doesn't mean that they are held to a different standard. I don't see how that logic makes sense. Unless, of course, you're trying to play the Devil's Advocate by instigating an argument to see what falls down. In which case, you should pick your talking points a bit better and put more thought into the case you're trying to make.

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #7 on: 10 Aug 2010, 04:18 »

Is there a point to be made here Boma?

I mean, if the McDonalds corporate office is in Chicago, are the satellite offices less organized? Do they follow different policies just because they're away from the hub? No, they're not. It's no different. And just because there's no information regarding the offices outside of Curse, doesn't mean that they are held to a different standard. I don't see how that logic makes sense. Unless, of course, you're trying to play the Devil's Advocate by instigating an argument to see what falls down. In which case, you should pick your talking points a bit better and put more thought into the case you're trying to make.

You are a former Marine. I am a former felon. Just saying. And using McDonalds as an example of how crime syndicates work is just silly. Can an SF operator wear a beard on base? Hell no. Can he wear one in Afghanistan? Hell yes.

Alexander Rykis

« Reply #8 on: 10 Aug 2010, 05:51 »

... what?

What does your having been a former felon or my being a former Marine have to do with anything?

And what I'm saying is, is that a highly organized business model doesn't change depending on where it is... unless it's part of the business model. You don't get to be highly organized by having different standards everywhere. You do it by being highly organized. I don't see how this can be interpreted any other way.

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #9 on: 10 Aug 2010, 17:40 »

... what?

What does your having been a former felon or my being a former Marine have to do with anything?

And what I'm saying is, is that a highly organized business model doesn't change depending on where it is... unless it's part of the business model. You don't get to be highly organized by having different standards everywhere. You do it by being highly organized. I don't see how this can be interpreted any other way.

Well, it was a failed attempt at bringing up the aspect of perspective, I guess.

Take for an example your average 1%er biker gang. Would you call that highly organized or loosely organized?

Alexander Rykis

« Reply #10 on: 10 Aug 2010, 20:43 »

Ok now you're derailing the thread man.

Angels are not biker gangs.

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #11 on: 11 Aug 2010, 04:41 »

Ok now you're derailing the thread man.

Angels are not biker gangs.

It is a brainstorming thread, about Angel CULTURE. How is this a derail?

Alexander Rykis

« Reply #12 on: 11 Aug 2010, 21:24 »

Because you're making connections from things that aren't there and making relevance to things of no relevance.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #13 on: 12 Aug 2010, 13:57 »

[admin]Removed for off-topic, argumentative, etc. Remember, if you think someone's posts are off-topic, just report them. Responding to something you think is off-topic is also against the rules (as it just increases the problem). Being dismissive of other's ideas is also discouraged. If someone's ideas are misguided, show them via the example of your own ideas and let everyone else make their own judgement.[/admin]