Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That high-orbit shuttle deployment is the most popular method of passenger and freight transportation from planets to space? Read more here.

Author Topic: [Character] Sergius Fahd'raza  (Read 1229 times)

Sergius

• Clonejack
[Character] Sergius Fahd'raza
« on: 03 Aug 2010, 07:13 »

NOTE: I'm still rather new to the game and have not read completely the insane amount of PF that comes with this game (the backstory and depth is really, really cool, but very, very, time consuming to get to understand) As such, until I get cemented into a RP role and established, this character is under construction. Things may change because they need to or because I want them to. I reserve the right to change them whenever, until I get sitiated'd. Anyway, enough of my ramblings: I give you Sergius, the schemer.
---------------------------------------------

((IC Readily Available Information:))

IMPERIAL PUBLIC ARCHIVES

Subject: Fahd’raza, Sergius
DoB: 1.13.YC056
PoB: Amarr Prime
Apparent Age: 100
Title: Father
Employment: Theology Council, Priest
Education:
   Hedion University – Religion and Law - Class of YC104
   Theology Council – Priesthood – Admitted YC105
Current Location – Lisudeh IV – Moon 4 – Theology Council Tribunal

Father: Aurelius  (Amarr Navy, ret. Deceased)
Mother: Vienna (Amarr Theology Council, Priestess)
Siblings: Holder Midhat, Aamina, Jameela, Laelius
Marital Status: Single

Pod License Year: YC112
Pod License ID: 1548-1861-XKCD-DED6

CRIMINAL RECORD:
   Charges: NONE
-----------------------------------------
((Available IC info, with a little digging or conversation:))

[spoiler]Physical description:
   Rather unimpressive in height and stocky in nature. He wears the robes of a priest of the Theology Council. His facial features are rather square-ish and uncompromising. There are little signs of physical augmentation, only the shunts common among pod pilots. Per Amarrian custom, he wears makeup that makes him appear older than he is, adding close to a decade to his appearance.

Personality:
   Sergius is naturally very traditional, having grown up in the heart of the Empire, so close to the seat of power. While not an outright zealot, he is quite religious, and takes his position on the Theology council very seriously. His position doesn’t grant him too much power, he is the equivalent of a county clerk as far as the law is concerned, but he has a certain work ethic about him. He is not, however, above using his job to serve his own devices. Sergius is a planner, taking time to work out the details to all of his scheming before putting the cogs in motion. He is a natural organizer and prefers order to chaos. The transfer of power within his family upsets him. He feels he should be Holder, not his brother, Midhat, whom he thinks is incompetent and does not follow closely enough the Scriptures.

History of the Fahd’raza House:
   The house is ancient, able to trace its family tree all the way back to when the Amarr held only Athra, before the Reclaiming began in earnest. The House never grew to substantial power, however, and as such is in no position to contend for the Empire’s throne. Traditionally, the house has been very militaristic in its views. Fahd’raza has a long history of service in the Imperial Navy and has favored those Emperors who took an aggressive stance when it came to foreign policy. The house has been a long time supporter of House Sarum. Currently the house rules over a small interplanetary system of colonies close to the Throne Worlds.
[/spoiler]

((Annd a short story/intro. This takes place just before Sergius has become a pod pilot))

“Give strength to my hands, O God, to wipe away all stain, so that I may be able to serve you in purity of mind and body”, repeated Midhat. He stood before a Priest of God, who was delivering the Holder’s Oath. The priest continued.

“Lord, set Avetat the staff of salvation in my hand to fend off all the assaults of Molok. Purify me, Lord, and cleanse my heart so that, washed in the Blood of the Ancients, so that I may be able to lead the people in purity of mind and body. Lord, gird me with the belt of purity and extinguish my fleshly desires, and that the virtues of reverence and service may abide within me. Lord, restore Avetat the crown of immortality, which I lost through the collusion of our first parents, and, unworthy as I am to approach Thy sacred mysteries, may I yet gain eternal joy.”

Midhat repeated the lines after every sentence, his hand placed carefully on a book of The Scriptures. His face looked calm and content, his features relaxed. If he was excited, he did not show it. His life just got a hell of a lot better, thought Sergius. There isn’t a thing closer to God on earth as there is a Holder in his house.

The entire Fahd’raza house was present. There was Sergius’ mother, Vienna, dressed in the very traditional garb of a very traditional Amarrian woman, elaborate headpiece and all. Then there were his two sisters, Aamina, the oldest, and Jameela, the youngest. When they became of age, Sergius had his hands full fending off the suitors. Standing to Sergius’s left stood Laelius, his brother. Sergius recalled a story his brother told him earlier, about how all the girls called on him after he joined the Navy, how they just couldn’t resist a man in uniform. Sergius didn’t believe him; Laelius was never right with the ladies when he was younger.  And then there was Midhat.

Holder Midhat, as he was to be known now. Midhat is Sergius’ older brother by a year. After their father died at the respectable age of two hundred and two it was determined that Midhat would take over the family title. As per custom, Sergius could have challenged him for it, fought him for it in a battle to the death, but that was not his way. No, he thought to himself, his position in the Theology council would allow him to-

Laelius nudged him roughly, breaking his train of thought abruptly. Sergius frowned at his brother who then urgently signaled him to move.

Acting like he didn’t miss his queue, Sergius stepped forward and took his place next to the other priest and turned to all present, some one hundred or so people, and bellowed: “All here gathered today are witness to my brother, Midhat Fahd’raza, son of Aurelius Fahd’raza, assume the title of Holder of the House of Fahd’raza. May Almighty God give him wisdom to rule in accordance with Scripture." He loathed saying that, but it was necessary as proof that he acknowledged the transfer of power as legitimate and would not challenge. If he was to challenge, he would have said so then. Sergius then turned to his brother and gave a low bow. Those present followed suit, the crowd bowing and giving way in a wave of submission. Midhat stood before them all, smiled the smile of kings, of men in power, and raised both his hands up to the sky.

Under his breath, Sergius curses him.
« Last Edit: 11 May 2011, 11:06 by Sergius »

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
Re: [Character] Sergius Fahd'raza
« Reply #1 on: 03 Aug 2010, 08:48 »

Like what I'm reading. needs Moar Criminal Record though  :P

You might consider talking with some of the existing Amarr RP'ers, they might be able to give you a few more pointers in terms of Amarr religion n' that. I think there's a lot of Play-erwritten stuff as well as the things in the CCP chrons around.

Sergius

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 03 Aug 2010, 22:50 »

I think we have enough insane pilots with rap sheets a mile long!  :P

Sergius

• Clonejack
« Reply #3 on: 05 Aug 2010, 18:04 »

((Just a little something I wrote while bored at work after reading some more chronicles. Lemme know whatcha think!))

Sergius was alone in his office. The room was very minimalistic in its appearance and décor. It was windowless and burried deep within the station’s hulk. He didn’t have enough political clout to warrant a windowed office, not yet anyway. There was a desk for him to do his work and a painting of the Empress hanging on the wall behind him. The ambient lighting of the room gave it a golden glow, not dissimilar to the way an Imperial ship glistened in a star’s light. A bookshelf set back into the smooth metal wall contained numerous large tomes, mostly of a religious nature. Despite all of the Empire’s technological advances, books were still the preferred method of analyzing religious texts.

The priest poured over one such tome. It was part of an anthology about the history of the Amarr religion, the true history of the religion, unmarked by Theology Council censors. Such books were surprisingly rare in the Empire, one because the masses didn’t much care for books when a holoreel or datapad could give the same information and second because the Empire preferred the masses abide by the current version of the faith, the one that they approved of. But Sergius wasn’t a common citizen. He was a priest and he like books.

He flipped to a chapter about the Order of St. Tetrimon. The Mad Emperor Zaragram Ardishapur II had butchered the faith and fancied himself a God-Emperor. His City of God was still floating around in the Shastal system somewhere, a testament to the madness of the late Emperor. Sergius realized he had never been there and resolved to travel there sometime soon, to see the error of those who challenge the faith and assume the title of God himself. He flipped a few more pages.

He read about the demise of Emperor Zaragram Ardishapur II and how he was killed by his own grandson. His thoughts surrounded the last words uttered by the assassin, "a manu dei e tet rimon”. It meant: “I am the devoted hand of the divine God”. As with all good theologians, Sergius quickly looked for parallels to the present time. It didn’t take him long to think about Midhat, his brother, and his position as Holder of the House Fahd’raza. Sergius smiled to himself as he fancied his brother as a mad Emperor. Instead of an entire Empire, Midhat was confined to the small holdings of the Fahd’raza House but for Sergius Midhat’s domain over what he thought should be his was enough to make his blood boil.

The small intercom built within his modest desk came to life.

“Master Fahd’raza, your presence is requested in the interrogation chambers. There has been... an incident with the Sin Eater, sir” crackled a slave voice. Sergius sighed and shut the book he was reading while leaning over to press the reply button.

“I’ll be there shortly. Thank you Vraza.”

On his way to the interrogation chamber he thought about the Sin Eater and Midhat, the mad Holder.