Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Julianus Soter first stated his intention to liberate Federation space on December 4th, Year 111? See the announcement here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: New Eden Assembly  (Read 8360 times)

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
Re: New Eden Assembly
« Reply #30 on: 03 Aug 2010, 20:59 »

I'm struggling to see the basic difference between the Nation supporter who participates in the attacks, but can make a logical case (however flawed) for them, and the member of an Amarr RP corp who is a proponent of a violent reclaiming and acts as such (attacking people, etc) but can still conduct a discussion in a reasonable manner.

OFC, since the moderation is to be IC, it can just be 'the people who run the place think the Sanshas are evil'. That's perfectly legit.

I agree with this. Clearly Lillith supports the attacks and is involved with them when I'm around when they happen (I wish they would happen exactly 1 hour later so they stopped happening while I was at work, BUT I DIGRESS). However if you watch her in The Summit and channels and whatnot, she's not exactly argumentive, she attempts to use logic to defeat peoples' arguments, not just yelling and insulting.

In fact she spends more time deflecting insults than flinging them. It's just her way.

So the question then is would I be barred or no? I realize you responded about changing something, but I'm just asking for clarity's sake.

Edit: Heck, and I even think Benjamin and Lillith get along. Haha. ;)

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #31 on: 03 Aug 2010, 21:05 »

Nope, and right now there are some major changes that I am working on with other players about this, and how it would work in the EVE roleplaying community.

I'll explain more as this becomes closer to actual release time, because right now it's a dry run.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #32 on: 07 Aug 2010, 01:15 »

Sorry for the doublepost, but it would be better for communicative purposes to subscribe to the Assembly Weekly mailing list. I'll post updates on when we will be officially open, and what changes will be coming, etc.

Graanvlokkie

« Reply #33 on: 07 Aug 2010, 03:35 »

I really like the concept and I would frequent the channel, depending on the speakers and topics.

Success would depend on the moderation however. To accomplish the channels goals structure and proper moderation become vital.

My one concern, touched on by both Ghost Hunter and Lilith, is that as soon as supporters of various factions/alliances are ipso facto banned from the channel, the channel will loose the sense of independence and impartiality, merely because this decision would be an in character decision, based on yours characters political views. Your character doesn’t like Sansha’s Nation, ban them. Guirista’s getting out of hand in your region of space, ban them. Blood Raiders killing infants again, ban them. Minmatar freedom fighters bomb a caldari space station, ban them. Provists a pain in the ass, ban them.

Doesn’t seem like a neutral, impartial setting to have a debate. Plus, you can’t have a meaningful debate if only people sharing a common view are present.

That’s why moderation would be vital. I would suggest letting the “other side” in to participate and debate, but feel free to kick individual members out who cant follow the rules or who perhaps make points that are just too good.

Plus, any no sansha supporter’s rule would bar me from entering, before I have done anything wrong.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #34 on: 07 Aug 2010, 08:51 »

Your point touches on something that I have been working on that adds as an additional part of the Assembly that I feel will satisfy your issues. It should be announced by August 14th.

Also, under no circumstances, IC or OOC, would I EVER ban multiple groups from using the Assembly. Banning any person would only happen if Assembly rules were broken, due to the nature of EVE being combative.

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #35 on: 08 Aug 2010, 05:52 »

Yet another reason I cannot understand why you are in RK instead of doing something with your time that reflects you as a person and character.

ETA: Can people have claws/bazookas for hands and poison everyone to death with vaporware?
« Last Edit: 08 Aug 2010, 06:02 by Boma Airaken »

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #36 on: 08 Aug 2010, 10:50 »

Yet another reason I cannot understand why you are in RK instead of doing something with your time that reflects you as a person and character.

ETA: Can people have claws/bazookas for hands and poison everyone to death with vaporware?

lol, you're the fifth person to say that.

I joined Moira ICly; Rote Kappelle was a surprise. So yeah, hope you appreciate the mindfuck.  8)
« Last Edit: 08 Aug 2010, 13:40 by Benjamin Shepherd »

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #37 on: 12 Aug 2010, 20:00 »

The New Eden Assembly and New Eden Council has been officially announced. The Charter of the New Eden Council is now available for public viewing.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #38 on: 12 Aug 2010, 20:40 »

What constitutes a debate, for purposes of Title II, Article 3F?

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #39 on: 12 Aug 2010, 22:41 »

What constitutes a debate, for purposes of Title II, Article 3F?

Anything that you can consider large-scale and often lack definitive answers. Which side is right in a war, which empire is better for everyone, which pirate group is the worst / best, if there is no God / is a God, etc.

Small things like discussing the news or commenting on someone's recent promotion or business deal don't apply. It's sort of a "speak and see" thing.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #40 on: 19 Aug 2010, 15:39 »

On Sunday, August 22nd, at 21:00 ((5:00pm EST)), I will begin the first discussion on the Assembly floor, entitled Culture: Preservation or Societal Integration? . I look forward to speaking with attendees during this open forum.
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2010, 15:41 by Benjamin Shepherd »

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #41 on: 20 Aug 2010, 01:57 »

Best of luck. I'll try to make it if I can, even with busy RL atm /o\

Shal Firestorm

« Reply #42 on: 20 Aug 2010, 02:09 »

Cool, I'll have to join and sit in, sounds like a fun topic to kick off with!

Syn Callibri

« Reply #43 on: 23 Aug 2010, 10:31 »

I'm Syn Callibri and I endorse this plan.

April Knox

• Agent Provocateur
  • Clonejack
    • COLD-Wing Boards
« Reply #44 on: 24 Aug 2010, 14:32 »

CROW accepts being representatives of the Caldari - Practical Block, thou acting as a subsidiary of NOH Corporation instead of the slightly more powerful SuVee.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4