Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ghost Festival is an Angel Cartel loyalist corporation? Read more here

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: New Eden Assembly  (Read 8358 times)

Benjamin Shepherd

New Eden Assembly
« on: 02 Aug 2010, 11:24 »

New Eden Assembly
Channel Name: New Eden Assembly

A union of capsuleers from all empires and organizations, discussing and debating resolutions to universal issues.

New Eden Assembly (NEA) - Information

NEA - Upcoming Events

Charter of the New Eden Assembly Council (NEAC)

NEAC - Roster

NEAC - Amendments, Declarations, and Actions
« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2010, 07:52 by Benjamin Shepherd »

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: New Eden Assembly
« Reply #1 on: 02 Aug 2010, 11:48 »

Interesting. I'd thought of something similar relating to scientific discussions, conferences, etc., so I'll keep an eye on how this works out.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #2 on: 02 Aug 2010, 11:49 »

Added a description of the Assembly.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #3 on: 02 Aug 2010, 12:07 »

See, now this is a channel I'd enjoy (*likes writing speeches*) and has tremendous potential. Great work, Ben.  :) Will you be using the MOTD to display scheduled speakers and events?

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #4 on: 02 Aug 2010, 12:10 »

See, now this is a channel I'd enjoy (*likes writing speeches*) and has tremendous potential. Great work, Ben.  :) Will you be using the MOTD to display scheduled speakers and events?

Of course. The goal is to make this so active, and so useful, that it acts as the standard for any seminar / debate. That's way into the future though.

It's also easier for people to become introduced into the intricacies of our capsuleer RP. If someone asks "Where's this and this being held?" it won't be a race to find out what channel it's being held on. One channel, one solution.

Thanks for the comment.  :)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 02 Aug 2010, 13:09 »

So... what about when the channel is "dead?"

Will there be standing topics of discussion relating to recent happenings (fx atm U'K's dissolution)?

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #6 on: 02 Aug 2010, 13:12 »

Will there be standing topics of discussion relating to recent happenings (fx atm U'K's dissolution)?

I don't understand. I'll personally keep it updated if no one is on it for long periods of time, yes. Additionally, it's free for public use if there isn't any event happening.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #7 on: 02 Aug 2010, 13:31 »

Good luck, and I'll certainly join. Is rule #4 in effect when there isn't a specific speaker?

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #8 on: 02 Aug 2010, 13:34 »

Good luck, and I'll certainly join. Is rule #4 in effect when there isn't a specific speaker?

Nope, or else it would be boring. Though I would like to distinguish it from the Summit, because I don't want it to be a "Summit killer". Two Summits doesn't mean anything to the average player; they'll join the one that the most people are in, or the better RP.
« Last Edit: 02 Aug 2010, 13:38 by Benjamin Shepherd »

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 02 Aug 2010, 14:26 »

I don't understand. I'll personally keep it updated if no one is on it for long periods of time, yes. Additionally, it's free for public use if there isn't any event happening.
For the first question, I meant when an event was not happening.  It seems you have updated the description or I read over it to clarify it.

As to the second question; a standing topic may be a good thing to introduce as discussion starters (assuming that is part of the goal?).  Especially if the topic(s) are based on recent discussions/debates; links to previous events transcripts might help those trying to add themselves to the community to do so.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #10 on: 02 Aug 2010, 14:34 »

Discussing recent news events is a good thing to do, basically for the reasons you just mentioned. I will experiment with the MOTD until it fits right with the channel, including news events and upcoming speakers / events.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #11 on: 02 Aug 2010, 14:46 »

You might think about doing something I recently start doing at, I think, Nola's? suggestion. I put up links to recent news items. You could also just have 1 at a time, if it relates to the current 'topic' being focused on.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #12 on: 02 Aug 2010, 15:04 »

You might think about doing something I recently start doing at, I think, Nola's? suggestion. I put up links to recent news items. You could also just have 1 at a time, if it relates to the current 'topic' being focused on.

Good idea, thanks.

Wasn't expecting this much support.  :D

The Cosmopolite

• Lord of Misrule
  • Wetgraver
    • eve-chatsubo OOC Forums
« Reply #13 on: 03 Aug 2010, 15:55 »

Good initiative. I may offer to speak if it would be welcome.

Cos

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #14 on: 03 Aug 2010, 16:03 »

Good initiative. I may offer to speak if it would be welcome.

Cos

Anyone is welcome, any alliance, any corporation, any person.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4