Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That there was a total information blockade during the Caldari occupation of Placid, only lifted when the Caldari Navy in the area was destroyed or driven out?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Extent of Federal/Ishukone collaboration  (Read 4373 times)

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
Re: Extent of Federal/Ishukone collaboration
« Reply #15 on: 30 Jul 2010, 19:26 »

My avatar is commentary along the thread lines.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 30 Jul 2010, 23:54 »

It is noteworthy that Heth isn't a businessman. He's a warehouse worker and apparently a brilliant soldier/tactician (if you don't mind that he cannot hold discipline himself). Though that said, even Doriam Kor-Azor was described as a "brillian military leader", so it seems that all the bigshot NPCs are such (except Foiritain).

Of course, Heth has people to work for him, essentially as KK's and CC's Chief Operations Officers, though the brightest of them have a short life expectancy. (At least the first one was assassinated by Heth's rivals.)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 31 Jul 2010, 06:27 »

Arguably Mens Reppola is (and Otro Gariushi was) not much of a businessman either.  Reppola's history starts as a JO in the Caldari Navy and gained his previous position as CEO of Ishukone Watch because Gariushi liked him.  Mens Reppola is following Gariushi's lead, advocating "free market policies, relaxed trade barriers, and an easing of tensions between the State and the Gallente Federation." (1)  This does not mean he was an excellent businessman.  It does benefit Ishukone financially as it increases their market, making it so they do not have to fight for what little remains of the State's markets and gains access to the large Federation markets.

Zag

« Reply #18 on: 31 Jul 2010, 06:57 »

Actually, reading Chasing Shadows has given me a few more theories about what Roden is doing.

- Ishukone/Hyasyoda/Roden are attempting to bring NOH/Suvee/CBD on board against Heth/KK/Lai Dai/Wyirkomi. Reppola and Osmon did have a meeting with SuVee a months back [1] two days before Roden implemented a new operation with the FIO heads on March 9 YC 112. SuVee, leader of the Practical bloc also had that little spat with Lai Dai a few months prior.

- Ishukone men and women are being offered positions in the Federation as 'financial advisors' as of March 20 YC 112. (Chasing Shadows)

- Kaalakiota reserves are being drained due to a sudden spike in scrip-to-ISK transfers believed to be due to Black Market exchanges originating in the Intaki Syndicate. Ishukone has a significant presence in Syndicate. Perhaps the recognition of Intaki Assembly authority was a deal struck between Silphy, Roden, and Reppola in the Blind Auction chron in order to facilitate this?

- The aim of the scrip-to-ISK transfers in Kaalakiota is to bleed it of liquid capital. Lowering investor confidence in KK.

- Roden/FIO may be either channeling funds into the State via, or acting in collusion with the State and Region Bank to conduct financial and economic manipulations directed towards KK, and possible Lai Dai and Wyirkomi.

- State and Region Bank may not be the only financial institution in the Roden/FIO pocket. Caldari Funds Unlimited may have also been involved when the CBT arrested its CEO [1]. "A Tribunal release laid out the charges against Omura, which stem from a series of "unusual financial transactions" between accounts registered to Omura at Caldari Funds Unlimited, the State and Region Bank, the Garoun Investment Bank, and a number of other smaller financial institutions in the State, Federation, and the Intaki Syndicate"

- Heth and the Provists notice this and order a very public inquiry into financial institutions in the State.

Looks to me like Roden, the FIO, the Intaki Syndicate and Ishukone are the primary actors in a conspiracy directed towards Kaalakiota, Tibus Heth and the Provists.

Addendum: Basically, Roden and Reppola are trying to manipulate the Banks and financial institutions of the State to sink KK, Lai Dai and possibly Wyirkomi.
« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2010, 11:54 by Zag »

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #19 on: 01 Aug 2010, 01:40 »

It is noteworthy that Heth isn't a businessman. He's...apparently a brilliant soldier/tactician...

I disagree both IC and OOC.  The other side suddenly becoming drooling monkeys via deus ex machina  doesn't not make him brilliant except by comparison.   He's moron.  

The Invasion of Caldari Prime:

What could go wrong?

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 01 Aug 2010, 02:02 »

"Apparently" was used because I think I once read the comment about Heth's military abilities from a CCP-written text. I'd assume that this could be balanced by stating that he'd be okay leading the troops, but bad with long-term strategy and operational planning, as witnessed by the State's problems supplying the occupation troops in Caldari Prime and/or the financial load it causes to the State.

Which, of course, is just another reason why Roden needs to get him off the big seat, since Caldari economy not doing well has cluster-wide effects. Amarr coffers aren't inexhaustible, and having the State to be practically owned by the Empire certainly is not a good goal.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #21 on: 01 Aug 2010, 02:16 »

Well, that is the problem with setting yourself up by writing something you can't accurately portray, but I'll not say more on that subject as per Hamish's sig.

I would echo that prisoner exchange is a far cry from collaboration. Ishukone keeping channels open with some elements in the Fed would be in character for them. Also, the situation between the empires isn't exactly all-out war.
Pages: 1 [2]