Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The number of young, idealistic scientists found in Verge Vendor is disproportionately high? (Region Description)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [Chronicle] The Resurrection Men  (Read 4499 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Re: [Chronicle] The Resurrection Men
« Reply #15 on: 13 Jul 2010, 05:13 »

Is there in EVE that is NOT made of human cadavers?

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #16 on: 13 Jul 2010, 07:04 »

Thukker ale...

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #17 on: 13 Jul 2010, 10:58 »

Would be interesting to see that corpses will become the raw material to make hardwirings.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #18 on: 13 Jul 2010, 11:35 »

Maybe... notice that we produce synthetic synapses and transcranial microcontrollers already in planetary management. Now we need to get some "tourists" and other "livestock" involved...

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
« Reply #19 on: 13 Jul 2010, 12:05 »

If it was meant to imply that Hardwirings are made of people, then I do have to call "Ok, enough already." EVE doesn't need a goofy running gag like this.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #20 on: 13 Jul 2010, 13:17 »

Maybe... notice that we produce synthetic synapses and transcranial microcontrollers already in planetary management. Now we need to get some "tourists" and other "livestock" involved...

<.<

>.>

:twisted:

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #21 on: 13 Jul 2010, 13:53 »

If it was meant to imply that Hardwirings are made of people, then I do have to call "Ok, enough already." EVE doesn't need a goofy running gag like this.

What is the running gag? Products made "from people"? I think it's less a gag and more of a theme -- this is a fictional universe that almost literally chews people up and uses them as grist for the mill.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #22 on: 13 Jul 2010, 17:04 »

I don't know, I think this is taking it too far with the om nom nom peoples thing, its a cold harsh dark universe, I get it, but come on, this is just getting ridiculous.

I want this guy to continue being alive for at least a while, and I hope this is part of a series.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #23 on: 13 Jul 2010, 19:43 »

Keep in mind, obviously, that this is our interpretation, one of several. I personally don't think two stories (were there more and I'm having a brain fart?) make this a long-term trend. It could just be that two writers challenged each other on the theme "X is people!" and this is what we got. Or we could be wrong about this one.

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
« Reply #24 on: 13 Jul 2010, 23:44 »

Yeah, the products made of people. And take note that this ISN'T the first time that "xxx IS PEOPLE!" has been used in EVE. It's already pretty much acknowledged that the biomass clones are made out of is dead people. And then there was the Protein Delicacies of a few years back, which were also made of people.

And I actually don't think that the chron is saying that Hardwirings are made of people. I'm just saying if that WAS the intent, I hope they don't keep doing it. Because the first time it's interesting, the second time it's clever, the third time it's funny, and any time after that it's silly.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #25 on: 14 Jul 2010, 00:22 »

Yeah, the products made of people. And take note that this ISN'T the first time that "xxx IS PEOPLE!" has been used in EVE. It's already pretty much acknowledged that the biomass clones are made out of is dead people. And then there was the Protein Delicacies of a few years back, which were also made of people.

And I actually don't think that the chron is saying that Hardwirings are made of people. I'm just saying if that WAS the intent, I hope they don't keep doing it. Because the first time it's interesting, the second time it's clever, the third time it's funny, and any time after that it's silly.

Protein Delicacies were made from poop, not people.   Also I'm leaning more towards this being an explanation of nerfs and boosts in patches rather than Hardwirings too.

Dex_Kivuli

• Dex 2.11b
  • Egger
« Reply #26 on: 14 Jul 2010, 01:00 »

I know there's not a lot of evidence to support this, but I like to entertain the idea that they are actually testing him to possibly become a capsuleer.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #27 on: 14 Jul 2010, 01:04 »

I know there's not a lot of evidence to support this, but I like to entertain the idea that they are actually testing him to possibly become a capsuleer.

honestly yeah, I'd sort of hope that too, we've never really gotten a look into how capsuleers are recruited.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Jakiin

• Sorceror of Semantic
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #28 on: 21 Jul 2010, 16:48 »

In the chron they said it was an interesting bit of 'reverse engineering'. Now, this is EVE and whenever something is left unsaid, it's not. Silence means "Think of the worst possible thing that could be applied to this situation. That's it." in CCPanese. But last I checked, 'reverse engineering' isn't "Break it down, turn it into an individual product, and then get another thing to break down and turn into an individual product of the same type." It's "Find out how it works, then use the concepts we discover from that to make more like it." Since in the EVE universe we have gas-based cellular scans for the love of God, I'm pretty sure they can take a map of his neural pathways without killing him.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #29 on: 21 Jul 2010, 17:56 »

They are going to turn him into a hardwiring implant and then eat the implant!
Pages: 1 [2]