Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Lutin lights are sometimes seen by ships approaching the Iyen-Oursta stargate. Many Minmatar slaves believe that seeing the lights means their firstborn son will be blessed with freedom. Read more here.

Author Topic: Ho Fuk? The Jove/Drone thingy.  (Read 3164 times)

Kasuko

• Wetgraver
  • Impunetrable
Ho Fuk? The Jove/Drone thingy.
« on: 12 Jul 2010, 09:31 »

While toddling around the forums I fell over this. It was actually rather interesting. Credit where it's due - the link is from this IGS topic - and it's a pretty good spot, too.

Question is - are we all fucked now? :X

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: Ho Fuk? The Jove/Drone thingy.
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2010, 09:44 »

the rogue Drones are the 4th Great Jovian Empire, having evolved and transcended the limitations of their prior form.

I thought people understood that by now.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2010, 10:42 »

Hm?

I'm not sure, are they? I thought it was all outlined there.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2010, 10:46 »

Hm?

I'm not sure, are they? I thought it was all outlined there.

that chron seems to be a bit dated, I believe this should give a more accurate look at things, as well as being quite telling.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2010, 11:45 »

Hey Myxx DOES IT MAKE SENSE NOW?

hohohohoho

good show
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #5 on: 12 Jul 2010, 12:27 »

While toddling around the forums I fell over this.

That looks like it could have hurt.  Are you ok?

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 12 Jul 2010, 16:00 »

It kinda leaves me wondering, was that thing in high-sec Caldari Space before? if not and CCP added it recently, why in high-sec and not low-sec where it would have been more "hidden"?.

And the blood-stained stars and rogue drones being the 4th Jovian empire, gotta say it is an interesting proposal.....but i don't quite buy it. I interpreted the newbie epic arc as Rogue Drones existed as a creation of men, but were later manipulated by Sleeper/Talocan. Thats how they relinked and activated the gates leading to the drone regions.

Pottsey has been formulating a very interesting theory on the whole Sleeper/Talocan affair, if i understood it correctly, is something around downloading oneself into a computer and waiting for a virus/plague to end. Corruption takes place over the years and these computerized souls begin to think there is no need to come back to carbon forms.

I guess i'll have to wait for CCP to come up with the Sansha/Rogue/Jove uber-alliance menace to see all empires unite under a reformed CONCORD or some cheesy outcome.

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
« Reply #7 on: 12 Jul 2010, 16:16 »

It kinda leaves me wondering, was that thing in high-sec Caldari Space before? if not and CCP added it recently, why in high-sec and not low-sec where it would have been more "hidden"?.

They didn't need it to be "hidden" since they were sending a player to go check it out.

And the blood-stained stars and rogue drones being the 4th Jovian empire, gotta say it is an interesting proposal.....but i don't quite buy it. I interpreted the newbie epic arc as Rogue Drones existed as a creation of men, but were later manipulated by Sleeper/Talocan. Thats how they relinked and activated the gates leading to the drone regions.

Considering the Rogue Drones have been around for a long while, including back when that Jovian guy was running around doing crazy stuff, I doubt the Jove are Rogue Drones. Especially since the first Rogue Drone, Orphyx, was created in a join Gallente-Amarrian lab. Sure, the story of Orphyx was originally in E-ON, but it seems apparent that CCP has adopted it into canon, what with references to Orphyx in the Code Aria documents.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 12 Jul 2010, 16:37 »

They didn't need it to be "hidden" since they were sending a player to go check it out.

Take it in context Yoshito, high-sec caldari space is both patrolled by the Caldari Navy/Megacorps Navy and also by CONCORD.

How would such a big massive object just show up and be assigned to a Capsuleer to be discovered?. Low-sec would have been a better location to better account how such object might have slipped first levels of surveillance.

Also, if it jumped into high-sec, overriding all other forms of "jump-drive control", why the hell send a Capsuleer first?

These are the kind of little details that some times kinda throws me into some sort of "try to discover the hidden meaning" than first accept CCP did it because it was easier game-wise and had nothing to do with IC story telling.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #9 on: 13 Jul 2010, 17:35 »

As noted in the IC thread, it doesn't need to "jump" to the hisec system. It might have slowboated its way from Curse or whatever was the source of the Jovian structure. Considering the distance, it or parts of it are likely possible to transit by warping.

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
« Reply #10 on: 13 Jul 2010, 23:52 »

High sec space is huge. Even in areas of space where there are a lot of things, there still exist dead space pockets and the like. The Caldari Navy and CONCORD are mainly concerned with the specific space lanes and whatnot, not random small RADAR blips or whatever. We as players can scan them down with scan probes all the time and find them unmolested by NPC activity. This is actually one of the things that EVE is fairly spot on with in terms of realism, that every little object in space can't immediately be detected with pinpoint accuracy by "scanners".

Also, clearly it was NOT discovered by capsuleers. Unless I have misunderstood the original post, CONCORD contacted the player and said something along the lines of "Hey, we have this old outpost in this high sec area. It was supposed to be abandoned, but we're suddenly getting readings from it, so... uh... Go look at that for us, will you?"

The player then went there and found out it was a weird ass Rogue Drone/Jove hybrid station being built using the old CONCORD outpost stuff for materials or something.

It doesn't seem any different to me than a mission agent saying "Hey, we got some weird readings from this place. Go check it out for us, will you?"

Nikiruu

« Reply #11 on: 19 Jul 2010, 01:38 »

If no one has realized it yet...

The Burning Life.  Pages 200 and 201.

The Jove "grow" their technology in a sense.  In other words, self-assembled.  Add in the Drone Mind agent that uses a Jove holoprojection...

Starting to see a pattern here?  Rogue Drones with Jove tech.  If Rogue Drones are anything, their Machines!  Jove tech is self assembling, and therefore adding some nifty tricks to the Rogue Drones.

Also, the drones in the Epic Arc were "corrupted" by Sleeper tech.  The Jove possess pretty much everything the Sleepers have, and more. ;)  Ametat and Avetat, "17   But the sefrim answered, No my Lord, we are here only to guide and guard, it is forbidden to us to aggress upon any man."  For a deeper mind-****, look at the Dramiel and then the Harbinger, Omen, Anathema...  The Amarr working with the Gallente to make Rogue Drones starts to look like pieces of a puzzle self-assembling itself, wouldn't you say?  The Epic Arc also speaks of the Amarr having records of "pre-Jovian" technology.   8)

Taken by themselves, these pieces look like nothing more than a random assortment of coincidences.  Taken as a whole, they paint a picture that is rather... disturbing.

"7   The sefrim offered unto the emperor a present from God as one brother to another: Ametat the Scepter and Avetat the Crown, showing the great pleasure God had in the earthly work of the emperor."

Pretty much the Capsuleers are the last to know the Big Sekrit.