EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE OOC Summit

Do we need a RP glossary?

(1/1)

Teinyhr:
Title.
Or is there one already somewhere?

I was thinking, if it would be useful to have common in-character terms and their meanings or general use explained. For example;
"GalNet: The internet, only in galactic scale."
"Capsuleer: Neutral term for hydrostatic capsule pilots."
"Egger: A derogatory term for hydrostatic capsule pilots."

Etc. etc. Thoughts?

Deitra Vess:
Don't know of one (probably didn't look hard enough but I have looked), I would love the idea. Also would help my buddy I got playing (the Amarr loyalist char formerly in my corp) tremendously with ones either I crafted my own explaination or simply didn't know..

Tressith_Sefira:
I did a small one just for GalFed lore, but a comprehensive one is a good idea. The biggest challenge would be being succinct enough that a person wouldn’t be better served checking the wiki.

Teinyhr:

--- Quote from: Tressith Sefira on 17 Jan 2019, 09:09 ---I did a small one just for GalFed lore, but a comprehensive one is a good idea. The biggest challenge would be being succinct enough that a person wouldn’t be better served checking the wiki.

--- End quote ---

Well, depending on the platform (this or the game's own forum) one could perhaps link all the terms to wikis/fiction portal if possible, though certainly that would be a mountain of work.

But yes my thought was pretty much just list a bunch of commonly used terms used in in-character communication, for example even stuff like Napanii greetings, with short description what everything means. Of course this would need to be a collaborative effort, and we'd have to firstly see if we can scrape up enough terms that it would be worth it to even make such a glossary.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version