Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Adventures of White Lightning" is a Gallentean soap opera.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Moderation Discussion  (Read 4241 times)

Lycaon

• Shy-caon
  • Clonejack
Re: Moderation Discussion
« Reply #15 on: 14 Jan 2019, 17:22 »

I came out of my self imposed exile on an account I made to create meaningful posts, that I gave up after the inhere toxicity of the people most vocal in the community to say praise to Louella and Kala for calling you out, Mizhara, for the useless unimaginitive cuntbag  you are to even hope self satisfy your useless self-gratifying narrative of being shitheel unaccepting of any consequence besides your self-serving narrative about victory even when you get your shit pushed in by players of the game, only to see once interesting figures like Samira somehow devolving to your egoboost justifying your how you can be a useless shit harassing people in mining ships to make you feel correct. Get fucked you useless piece of shit. You are doing it wrong.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #16 on: 14 Jan 2019, 17:43 »

I came out of my self imposed exile on an account I made to create meaningful posts, that I gave up after the inhere toxicity of the people most vocal in the community to say praise to Louella and Kala for calling you out, Mizhara, for the useless unimaginitive cuntbag  you are to even hope self satisfy your useless self-gratifying narrative of being shitheel unaccepting of any consequence besides your self-serving narrative about victory even when you get your shit pushed in by players of the game, only to see once interesting figures like Samira somehow devolving to your egoboost justifying your how you can be a useless shit harassing people in mining ships to make you feel correct. Get fucked you useless piece of shit. You are doing it wrong.

Quoted for posterity.

As for stats, I just went through the last hundred posts which have been occurring during a high "grr" factor time period: Less than 13% had profanity past the odd "shit" or "fuck". Less were aggressive. I am pretty sure it's quite clear there's a lot of selective reading going on given the claims I've been seeing here.
Edit: Skipped hundred and counted the next hundred for another sampling. Exactly 13% there too.
« Last Edit: 14 Jan 2019, 18:18 by Mizhara »

Aradina

• Behold.
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #17 on: 14 Jan 2019, 22:49 »

You're a drain on almost any interaction you're a part of, you contribute nothing to any conversation, and you refuse to ever admit fault. You are part of the problem in what's left of this community, you drive people away and I really can't understand why you haven't noticed it. You attempt to shove yourself into every discussion by any means necessary. That thread wasn't even about you, but you just had to show up and provide an example of the problem.

You are an exhausting fount of negativity and abuse. I know you'll ignore the numerous people in this thread trying to get through to you. Maybe you'll get us modded so you can claim victory and enforce your echo chamber. You'll finally 'win' the discussion and you'll get to lord over a dead forum. Great job.
I exist sometimes.

Elsebeth Rhiannon

• Omelette
« Reply #18 on: 15 Jan 2019, 02:06 »

Listen, Miz:

Again, the major point here not about you. It is about what kind of an image a "community" that tolerates that kind of shit, over and over and over again, gives of itself to newbies who are considering joining it, and old-timers who are considering staying.

However, since you like to talk about yourself, let's do it.

There's a solution that requires neither tighter moderation nor you turning people away by being negative and aggressive. It is you choosing to hear the people you want to play with when they tell you your way of expressing yourself is not constructive and makes them not want to engage with you, and changing it, because you want to be friends, or seen as a fair person.

I get it that you feel you are not doing anything wrong and that it is "just your way" of doing things. Unfortunately when we work with people, how we feel they should feel about how we act is often less important than how they actually feel. In talking to people, you cannot just talk in a way that you feel is culturally appropriate and means a certain thing and look at your own intentions. You have to talk in ways that those hearing you hear in a way you intend. It's not any sort of fair that we have to do this, and tbqfh I would rather not myself, but "people should hear what I say, not how I say it" has not started to work in the whole human history, and it will not start working now.

And before you say it, no, this is not about some "delicate flowers" getting their "poor feelings hurt". I am sure there is some of that, but most of this is about people quite on the level of yours and beyond when it comes to skill, boldness, organizational ability and foul mouths (when they are in the appropriate context) just being fed up with you acting like a jerk while claiming to just want to play the game with them. No one likes a jerk. Mostly not even other jerks.

I could provide you a list of all the times you've been unreasonable and aggressive since I became active again. I won't. People don't owe you statistics about how often you have been a jack-ass compared to how often you have not. They feel you are doing it too much, and they are not engaging in RP or gameplay or OOC talks with you because of it. The defense that "but the toxic shit only constitutes every tenth post I've made!" is... very odd, to most people. It is not a scale where you get to attack someone once in a while if you refrain from it 9 times out of 10 when you interact with people.

« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2019, 02:17 by Elsebeth Rhiannon »

Elsebeth Rhiannon

• Omelette
« Reply #19 on: 15 Jan 2019, 02:32 »

I suppose it's telling that I activated this account to talk about how to include RPer when they are not yet very deeply into RP, and here we are.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #20 on: 15 Jan 2019, 02:44 »

There is (as of Samira's retirement today) one active mod. Given that the first report I see was from this morning (my time) and I just got home, I'm afraid this is the fastest moderation can be done. And if I happen to not read things, and I don't, I do rely on reports - so please report posts you believe should be moderated. I generally will check at least once and often twice a day for reports, even if I'm too busy to read other posts.

[admin]I'm also locking this thread because it isn't an appropriate place to critique someone (unless they are a moderator). Please remember rule 3 still applies to people even if those people don't believe it should apply to their own posting.[/admin]
Pages: 1 [2]