EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE OOC Summit

direction of eve storyline ?

(1/12) > >>

Louella Dougans:
I've not really been involved lately, so I don't have a good overview of things, but:

what direction is the eve storyline going ? because I can't seem to get a grip on things.

Faction warfare is kind of going nowhere, incursions are a dull roar in the background, most pirate factions are seasonal events now, and the Drifters seem to be a bit sidelined by these new Triglavians.

It feels a bit kind of weird. Like, I can't seem to get interested in the whole Drifter thing, and this Triglavian thing doesn't seem to grab my attention either.

And it's like, past couple expansions, have introduced factions that might as well be aliens, and the only interaction possible is to shoot them.

Samira Kernher:
EVE seems to be getting taken into a space opera/adventure theme these days instead of its original cyberpunk. It's a shame, and has killed a lot of my interest.

Mizhara:
Couldn't tell you. I doze off halfway into the first few paragraphs whenever there's something about the Trilobyte Clans and Derp Jove and so on. There's ways to make "ancient forebears/offshoots of humanity" interesting in a setting, but this isn't it.

There's no feeling of conflict that can be invested in, there's no feeling of "this matters to me and my people". It's just... "welp, New Eden's suddenly inundated with strange new ways for capsuleers to go blow up non-capsuleers for money. Again. And again. It's almost as if the world is entirely static now, occasionally getting an expansion pack with new dungeons and raids OGOD I'M SO SORRY I DIDN'T EVEN SEE THAT FOURTH WALL IT WAS SO THIN AND TRANSPARENT OGOD OGOD I GOT DUCT TAPE I CAN FIX THIS SHIT SHIT SHIT" and so on.

I was all excited when they started killing off the TonyG bullshit, but now I'm regretting that horribly, as it turns out they had nothing to replace it with. Ominous Stock Alien Villain Category #4: Silent Overwhelming Force and Stock Mysterious Ancient Offshoot Variant #12: The Clans do absolutely nothing to keep the main universe alive. It does nothing to advance the story of New Eden. The Tribes. The Federation. The State. The Empire. The Serpentis. The Angels. The Sansh... okay, those got fucked right good and proper even before they got started on TonyG's nonsense. The entire damn setting for a god damned decade has been laid fallow, and all we got to show for it are some new god damn dungeons that are incapable of being interesting even from just a gameplay perspective.

I'm so fucking bored with Eve at the moment. There's nothing left in it that's even remotely interesting to dig into conflict wise, or story wise.

Edit: Someone else put it brilliantly. "EVE is showing what happens when you don't have a story team. It means your game becomes incredibly shallow."

Louella Dougans:

--- Quote from: Mizhara on 11 Jun 2018, 21:04 ---It does nothing to advance the story of New Eden. The Tribes. The Federation. The State. The Empire. The Serpentis. The Angels. The Sansh... okay, those got fucked right good and proper even before they got started on TonyG's nonsense.

--- End quote ---

I guess that's fairly true. The drifters though, did something to change the Empire, in that it resulted in a new Empress, one of Udorian heritage, which was a fairly profound change in the Amarr establishment. But the drifter incursion things... they kind of fizzled out, didn't they ? Existential threat that the Empire is about to go to war with, turns out not to be existential threat after all. okay.

But the Triglavians, it's like... CONCORD says go shoot them. The SoE says go explore the Abyss. okay but why ? what reason is there to do that, other than fun and profit, which can also be obtained elsewhere ?

Pirate factions - the Angle Cartle, is now the valentines day event, isn't it ? Sansha's Nation is the permanent comic book "I'll get you next time" recursion incursions, Blood raiders are the halloween event, Guristas the easter event, Serpentis are rolled into the cartel for the valentines day event. So... they all get handed the idiot ball regularly.

I find it kind of hard to take the pirate factions (and their player supporters) seriously, when the factions are all a clownshow for at least 1 month of the year. Which kind of saps my attachment to the primary factions - Louella the character tries to work towards religious reform of the Empire, but when the alleged threats to the Empire don't feel like genuine threats, then it's like... why am I doing this ?

I dunno, maybe I'm just at a low point mentally or something ?

Mizhara:
Eve's at a low point, as far as I can tell.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version