EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE Fiction + Fiction discussion

Caldari Industrial Aesthetic

(1/3) > >>

Simon_Louvaki:
Greetings everyone!

I'm contemplating writing a period piece set on Caldari Prime somewhere around/after the Galantee made contact with the Caldari. I believe the lore states that during that time the Caldari were in their Industrial Age, which begs the question - what did that look like? Aesthetically that is.

In was curious if anyone had any ideas about what style of clothing or buildings they would have used at the time.

Thanks!

Aradina:
Source describes the skyline of Arcuio as "highly developed glass and silver steel", but other than that, there isn't a lot of information that I can think of. I imagine they'd be somewhat similar to irl modern styles, with a bit more focus on gun metal grey and not freezing.

Simon_Louvaki:
Thanks for the reply!

I was under the impression the Caldari were comparative to us, technology wise, somewhere around circa 1800 when First Contact was made.

Aradina:
As far as I know, there's no details. Buuuut I don't think they'd be that far back. For a number of reasons, Arcuio was built around terraforming systems from the initial colonization, it's fairly likely that the Caldari would have had some idea of that tech(Though I've always kinda thought this was a plot hole considering that the common origin thing isn't meant to be confirmed, but eh). They also would have had to accelerate in tech levels absurdly fast to have been able to invent the Sotiyo-Urbaata drive 190 years after first contact. 190 years from 1800s tech to beating the people who uplifted you in a technological race doesn't really sound likely to me.

But, like I said, no detail that I know of. All I have is "highly developed glass and silver steel skyline", which makes me think 2000s at the earliest, minus spaceflight and a few other things probably.

Silver Night:

--- Quote from: Simon_Louvaki on 08 Jan 2018, 21:06 ---Thanks for the reply!

I was under the impression the Caldari were comparative to us, technology wise, somewhere around circa 1800 when First Contact was made.

--- End quote ---

I thought that the Gallente detected radio from the Caldari? I always figured it was more turn of the 20th century level - though of course it might be somewhat uneven as different things advanced at different speeds (or got a head start from leftover tech, like Ara mentioned).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version