Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Daedalus X pulled off a Capital ship heist in a level two wormhole. read more here

Author Topic: New Agency Event - Fed Grand Prix  (Read 720 times)

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
New Agency Event - Fed Grand Prix
« on: 12 Jun 2018, 12:48 »

Just resurfaced from slumber to say that i'm incredibly happy to see Fed Day lore being taken in by CCP and converting into something within the game.

Been reading reddit for some of the comments about the loot boxes and other trinkets given, but overall is nice to see an event with the name "Fed Day" on it.

Alain
aka Bruno

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
Re: New Agency Event - Fed Grand Prix
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2018, 14:52 »

Needs more cyberpunk grimdark death race with explosions and high stakes on the line...but otherwise, yes. I suppose it is a neat turn of events.  :P
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Utari Onzo

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jun 2018, 23:47 »

It’s got sadistic smart bombers killing the folks who race in lowsec. That grimdark enough?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jun 2018, 20:02 »

I like everything I just read about all of this. yay !

MakotoPriano

• Wetgraver
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jun 2018, 10:37 »

Worth noting that the Seasonal Events, which initially were fairly cookie-cutter, are getting increasingly intricate. The team on them has had access to steadily-improving tools, allowing the events to be developed in more interesting ways.

Here's a presentation on it from the last Fanfest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqiSAfH4h0s

Also, worth noting that the AI they started testing with Seekers and Drifters is now being deployed universally for all new NPCs, which means seasonal events until CCP gets to updating the anomaly and mission systems. Here's a presentation from 2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hC4I-9UxBo

It's not a crazy neural net thing, just a blackboard architecture. Still, the AI is actively being worked on, and it seems more modular than what they used to have.