Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Mordu's Legion was formed of Intakis exiled from the Federation for their support for the Caldari? For more read here.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Writings that are OOC public, but IC private?  (Read 3958 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: Writings that are OOC public, but IC private?
« Reply #15 on: 07 Jul 2010, 11:37 »

I don't think you'll find many who'll have a IC public blog unless it's for conveying messages to the masses, such as news reports or if Archbishop decided to put his sermons into a blog.  With an IC public blog, it would be harder to keep it regularly updated, as you would need to continuously think of new "speeches", as in effect that's what they would be.

They manage to do it with IGS.  :twisted: :bash:

Nascent

• Clonejack
« Reply #16 on: 07 Jul 2010, 13:17 »

I briefly had one but got rid of it when I learned of some of the issues already mentioned.  It's not worth it to me if I can't write a story fully and have to add yet more opsec to playing EVE.  On the other hand I have toyed with keeping an in-depth character journal but only making it public when I quit EVE or that character expires.  But given my laziness inertia factor I probably won't.  :roll:

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #17 on: 08 Jul 2010, 07:08 »

IC private, OoC public. However, I keep getting that ugly feeling every time I hit 'post' that this is going to kick my teeth in down the line, because it'll get metagamed or someone'll 'godmode' hack the captain's log or whatever I'm writing at the time.

Still, there's got to be some flexibility. If someone feels that the RP between my characters and theirs would benefit from information having bled out, I'd be more than willing to talk about how the information could be spread IC and get into their character's hands. Same with me, really. I often see interesting things in other people's blogs, and just might throw them an OoC mail to discuss if there's possibilities for RP, hinging on how well some information is hidden or not.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 10 Jul 2010, 02:16 »

I curtail the published content of Mata's blog (http://matarikirain.blogspot.com/) out of concern for opsec.

That's my excuse for why it seems to be all about her clan, relationships, and cryptic poetry.

Shalee Lianne

• Wetgraver
« Reply #19 on: 10 Jul 2010, 13:13 »

Like most others, my blog is IC private, OOC public.

I've been writing in it for a little over a year with fairly regular updates, and in all that time, I can really only name 2 or 3 times at most that anyone has used the information to metagame.  And of those times, I usually have went along with them knowing the information because it made for more interesting RP for them to know.  The one time I did get a little annoyed is when some random person posted on the IGS, using my entire blog as public knowledge.  I was in PIE at the time, and Gaven (my old CEO) quickly shut them up.

I love to write about my character's experiences, and I love to read other people's blogs as well.  Long before I ever met Morwen or Vincent or several others, I was huge fans of their blogs and would read them religiously.  It was always pretty exciting to meet the people I'd be reading about for so long.

I think for the most part, the RP community does not metagame.  Though from reading this thread, it is obvious enough of us have encountered it that it can be a problem.  I just say to ignore the person, block them, whatever.  We don't have to put up with it, really.  I just hope everyone does continue to write, c'mon people, give me something to read while I'm at work! :p

- Shalee

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #20 on: 10 Jul 2010, 16:22 »

IC private, OOC private.

You wouldn't want to read it anyways.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.
Pages: 1 [2]