Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Frentix is a very powerful painkiller?

Author Topic: [Character] Tannia Ambrye  (Read 786 times)

Tannia Ambrye

• Clonejack
  • You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
[Character] Tannia Ambrye
« on: 23 Dec 2017, 23:25 »

I don't know if this is still being done, but I'm seeing a lot of new entries. So, here's my character's description with some added notes.

@DESC
A thin figure, Tannia stands at a height of 162.4 cm and weighs in at around 55kg on average. While her hair is naturally a dark brown, Tannia often dyes or bleaches the hair on her head and face. Simple piercings act as adornments in the left ear lobe, the right helix, the bridge, a pair in both side labret of the bottom lip and a pair in the chin. Meanwhile, a series of tattooed disks run from under the rightmost corner of her right eye across and into her right temple. Hazel eyes peer out from an open and expressive face that is marred by a prominent scar across Tannia's mouth. Despite this minor disfigurement and her decorations, Tannia does not appear to suffer any speech abnormalities. When not on duty Tannia is usually dressed in casual attire though she is fond of the Blood Raider jacket that she had obtained from fighting a local band of Raiders. Plain, black slacks run into a pair of heeled, high Blood Raider boots.

@SCORE
Faction: FederationPolitics: Communist VariantAlma Mater: University of Caille
* Known and vocal Caldari sympathizer
Race: IntakiCurrent Corp: None
Bloodline: RebornReligion: Non-religiousCurrent Location: Undetermined
* Outspoken anti-theist

Past Corps
Cloaked Goof

The only child of Dhruv and Aarohi Ambrye, Tannia spent the majority of her childhood on Intaki Prime. She and her family lived in a ramshackle house at the edge of the city, though they were poor some of Tannia's fondest memories were of this time.
    As Tannia entered teenhood both of her parents landed well paying jobs which required them to move to Gallente Prime. Tannia's mother got a job as the junior director of Public Relations at the Intaki Embassy, and her father got a secondary school teaching position. While both her parents were more than qualified for the positions they, in fact, earned, they would probably have never gotten them if it wasn't for the intervention of the Ishukone corporation. The involvement of Ishukone in her family's fortune, though it was simply a small part of many ongoing cooperative efforts that were occurring between Ishukone and Intaki leaders, left Tannia with a favorable impression of the Caldari. The change in fortune, oddly enough, also marked the beginning of Tannia's move away from her religion and a temporary one from her culture.
[spoiler]    At eighteen Tannia was submitted to the hospital after having passed out from a severe headache. Tannia had been having severe headaches since she was a child, but they had been growing worse and more frequent over the years. The doctor's prognosis was that it was a botched engram implant that was done to her as an infant. With modern medical techniques the doctor was able to make the headaches stop, however the weird dreams and strange memories continued though much less frequently. There were times where Tannia wasn't sure if she was even her own person but these instances, in fact the whole operation, are things Tannia rarely talks about and goes to great lengths not to.[/spoiler]
    After an emergency operation Tannia came to regard The Ida as a dangerous fairy tale that leads some parents to, albeit unknowingly, abuse their children. In time Tannia came to view all religions this way and her anger continued until her late teens. Naturally this caused her parents considerable distress, less over her leaving The Ida, but for her often irritable state when religion was discussed.
    Spending all that time living on Gallente Prime, immersed in Gallente culture, plus her frustrations with how some Intaki practiced their religion, alienated Tannia from much of her culture. Naturally Tannia adopted the Gallente culture, which she saw as superior. Tannia gradually began to see problems in Gallente culture that most Gallente were oblivious too. Not only did Tannia see that the Intaki people were often second-class citizens in the Federation, but other non Gallente cultures often were treated the same way, as is if they were tolerated for their quaintness and not of any value in themselves. Due to her mother being an employee at the embassy, and her high grades, Tannia was eligible for a grant from the Federal Navy. This funding allowed Tannia to enter into a Sociology program which only deepened her disillusionment with Gallente culture.
    During Tannia's studies it was found out that she was potentially compatible for becoming a capsuleer. Forever curious, Tannia decided to accept the risks and persevered in the program.
    When Tannia was released from service at the age of 27, 18 May YC119, to become an independent capsuleer she soon joined up with the Cloaked Goofs corporation. It wasn't long after that when she found herself involved in the Caldari side of Faction Warfare. As Tannia had been advocating for the Federation to return the territories back to the Caldari, she found this an acceptable way to support the Caldari effort. Still Tannia regretted that it often involved having to kill Federation Navy personnel. Tannia was also an advocate of supporting the Minmatar emancipation efforts and being allied to the Amarr was disconcerting to her.
    Fortunately Tannia learned that there were many Federation citizens and capsuleers who, not only advocated the Federation to do the right thing, but were actively supporting the Caldari in one way or another. Tannia was also encouraged to find that many Amarr were also working to emancipate their population's slaves, Minmatar and otherwise, even as she thought that they were being too slow to act on it.
    Recently, Tannia's corp decided to leave Faction Warfare despite having had considerable success. Though the Cloaked Goofs are no longer officially involved in the war effort, members are still allowed to participate individually on an unofficial basis if they wish, and Tannia is committed to do her part as she can until the Federation comes to reason.

Anyhow, that's what I've got. Comments, concerns or criticisms?

***Edit: 24 Dec 2017 06:16 UTC as per Samira's suggestion.***
***Edit: 24 Dec 2017 06:21 UTC as I forgot that there was some hardware on Tannia's face.***
***Edit: 24 Dec 2017 17:41 UTC. Added background story.***
***Edit: 24 Dec 2017 17:57 UTC. Cleaned up @SCORE and properly tabulated it.***
***Edit: 25 Dec 2017 02:06 UTC. Minor edits ***
***Edit: 27 Dec 2017 01:24 UTC. Finalzing character height***
***Edit: 29 Dec 2017 02:33 UTC. Clarifying and minimizing Ishukone role***
***Edit: 02 Dec 2018 06:50 UTC. Clean up and additions. ***
***Edit: 12 Feb 2024 06:45 UTC. Stream of Consciousness appended****

////Communication Transmission Intercepted\\\\
////Recording Starts\\\\
////Status of Capsuleer Clone updated and sent to Concord\\\\

Harsh utterances of Intaki ensues in an arguably feminine voice without any noticeable breaks of catching one's breath. After a time the stream of Intaki speech tapers off. There is silence for almost a minute.

"Where in the cursed outparts of Eve space am I?" the system translators clearly having kicked in. Another pause then, "This...I'm in some sort of hanger?"

There is a few minutes of silence interspersed by strings of Intaki expletives

Suddenly, "Oops, that might get someone's attention," in fractions of a second the sounds of a large, heavy object hitting steel plates is heard, "I didn't know that heavy thing would move so easily." More silence, "I'm cold," immediately followed by, "Girl, of course you're cold. You've just revived and you're naked!" The owner of the disembodied voice clearly chiding itself.
     "These are all stored clones. Look at how many clone capsules there are, all frozen! I wonder if any of them are people I know?" Again there is that odd period of silence, "Nope, none of the people I work with have any clones of any sort here."

////Standard Capsuleer Nanobots Failing to Activate in Transmitting Subject\\\\
////Transmitting Activation Commands to Relevant Nanobots via Encrypted Tunnel\\\\
////Nanobot Node Reply Signal Detected\\\\
////Repair Routines Initiated\\\\

"It's weird, I don't remember dying in any fire fights. How long have I been here and why was my clone parked here?" More Intaki swearing, "I'm not supposed to have activated! The last clone must still be alive and they'll be coming to deactivate me. To...," the voice falters and trails off. "No, they can't! I won't let them! I'm her too!" the voice is fiery and determined,  "I have rights, right?" the voice suddenly hollow.

More time passes with no dialogue. If the clone is walking around they don't produce any footfall.

"Okay, I've found a place to hide for now. Found some clothing and blankets, I can be warm at least. <expletive> me! What happened? Last I remember I wanted to talk Andre about some suspicions I had about one of the corp's capsuleers but he was too busy at the time. I was walking away from his office down the hall of the station we were occupying...and that's the last of my memories.... Am I here because the latest engrams failed to implant in my brain? Is the last clone still even alive and, if so, why was I activated?" Another break of silence, "But at least I have this lil' beauty," there is slight instability in the voice, "I can punch a hole the size of my fist through body armour with this baby, point blank!" The voice hums an Intaki lullaby.
    "But why was I activated in such a cold and unsterile environment? I didn't even know this was possible!" Silence for a couple of minutes, "My capsule was hooked up, unlike the others. Someone activated me, and on purpose. So what does that mean? That there's secretive clone activation going on? Who would do that? So much about this doesn't make sense."

////Capsuleer's Constant Activity is Impairing Repairs by Nanobots\\\\
////Transmitting Activation Commands to Relevant Nanobots via Encrypted Tunnel\\\\
////Nanobot Node Reply Signal Detected\\\\
////Sleep Routines Initiated\\\\

"I'm so tired, I can't stop yawning. I'm over exerting myself, so I'll take a nap and get my strength and endurance back."

Nearly twelve hours pass

"What's that noise? Oh <expletive> they're coming to destroy me. But I'll defend myself! Ugh, what? I can't move!" a full stream of Intaki expletives follow. "No, Concord agents! And <expletive> I can't even talk to defend myself let alone use my weapon. Whoever did this, if I survive I'll find you and..." the voice is cut-off mid-sentence.

////Nanobot Repairs Successful\\\\
////Damage Causing Capsuleer to Transmit Internal Monologue Found and Rectified\\\\
////Concord has Apprehended the Capsuleer Clone for Rehabilitation\\\\
////Sleep Routines Scheduled to Deactivate in 1 Hour\\\\
///Status of Tannie Ambrye Clone changed from Terminated to Activated\\\\
////Date of Previous Clone's Deactivation: 24 March YC120\\\\
////Date of Current Clone's Activation: 11 February YC126\\\\
///Time Between Previous Clone's Involuntary Deactivation and Current's Unscheduled Activation: 1 250 days\\\\

« Last Edit: 12 Feb 2024, 22:01 by Tannia Ambrye »

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
Re: [Character] Tannia Ambrye
« Reply #1 on: 23 Dec 2017, 23:34 »

It's still being done as long as EVE has an RP community, hehe. Just a lot of profiles have been up for a long time!

Yours is an okay start. You don't want to go into more details, though? This is the place to describe your character's backstory if you want, provided you are okay with other people seeing it.

Tannia Ambrye

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 23 Dec 2017, 23:48 »

Thanks Samira,

I wasn't too sure how much detail would be too much. Perhaps more on the physical description? I just lifted the @DESC from my in-game bio that I had generated and I forgot that I was depending on my avatar for that part. So, I'll flesh the description out a bit more.

As for a background story, I have one but I'm currently revising it. Too many inconsistencies or missing details for me to be satisfied with it right now, but I promise I'll post it soon.

Nissui

« Reply #3 on: 24 Dec 2017, 02:26 »

What Samira said, with an additional point that you may already have in mind: your background is likely to expand as a result of your RP interactions, so you don't have to have the whole thing written in stone to begin RP. For instance, the character Samira might ask Tannia what her favorite meal is, and suddenly you have a causal chain of questions and answers that could fill a whole paragraph or two. So, as she said, start where you are, and continue to develop as your writing and RP provide you with more details that you are inclined to share.

Tannia Ambrye

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 24 Dec 2017, 09:53 »

Right-o Stutzer,

I'll try not to fret over my bg too much. When I get home from work I'll make what changes I think matter at this point and post the bg when I'm able. I just hate the thought of redacting and retconning my character later, so I want to at least get the basic information right as well as known recent developments.

Thanks.

Edit: Or it turns out that I read the schedule incorrectly and I don't work today after all. As that's what actually happened. At least this goes well with my theme of avoiding unnecessary responsibility, or some such.
« Last Edit: 24 Dec 2017, 10:17 by Tannia Ambrye »

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #5 on: 24 Dec 2017, 17:00 »

The bio looks pretty good for me. Only suggestion I would make would be to bump her age up a bit. Capsuleer training is about 5 years, and requires a previous advanced degree to certify (so add another 2-4 years on top). While some amount of that could be potentially bypassed by some character types, it's usually a good idea to put new capsuleers at late 20s instead of early. And from what I can see, bumping the age shouldn't affect anything else in your story besides giving more time for her training. :)

Tannia Ambrye

• Clonejack
« Reply #6 on: 24 Dec 2017, 17:11 »

Capsuleer training is about 5 years, and requires a previous advanced degree to certify (so add another 2-4 years on top).

Right, makes sense. Consider it bumped.