Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Dam-Torsad is the Amarr Imperial City and capital? Read the chron!

Author Topic: CONCORD is always watching you  (Read 3091 times)

Veiki

• Egger
CONCORD is always watching you
« on: 02 Jul 2017, 08:26 »

CONCORD Monitoring
Capsuleer ships contain impressive amounts of monitoring equipment. This equipment is what allows CONCORD to respond so quickly when capsuleers attack each other in empire space. Regular ships usually lack such sophisticated equipment, making them particularly vulnerable. If these ships are destroyed in deadspace, it is likely no one would learn of it for some time.

There must be a "DED will monitor everything you do with your ships" in those freelancer contracts.

Nissui

Re: CONCORD is always watching you
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jul 2017, 10:55 »

Damn DED backdoors in my wetware! Although I guess it could also be, "nanomachines, son!"

Actually reminds me of one of my favorite GITS:SAC episodes.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jul 2017, 21:25 »

Wasn't even surprised that everything capsuleer is compromised by CONCORD. How else can we explain how they could mess us up real good while they can't do squat against Elder Fleet pounding their station.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Utari Onzo

« Reply #3 on: 03 Jul 2017, 02:14 »

Veiki

• Egger
« Reply #4 on: 03 Jul 2017, 23:01 »

Wasn't even surprised that everything capsuleer is compromised by CONCORD. How else can we explain how they could mess us up real good while they can't do squat against Elder Fleet pounding their station.

I think if some capsuleer says how powerless Concord is you can just retort with, go shoot someone in highsec outside of a wardec and tell me how all that DED monitoring equipment isn't working for them.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #5 on: 04 Jul 2017, 01:46 »

Also the fact they can pull your licence at any time for certain transgressions, cancel your clone contract which leaves you no better then any other baseliner. We're tools given just enough free reign to not be a threat, with all the tools to stop us should we become so.

The real bug bear I have is how people pretend CONCORD and the empires do nothing about, say, sansha despite that little chat window everyone closes off quickly stating they're mobilised to assist evacuations while capsuleers do the more offensive jobs. vOv

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #6 on: 04 Jul 2017, 17:42 »

I'm genuinely astounded this is still a thing people even debate - not that I'm saying anyone here's doing anything wrong. Just... amazed that anyone anywhere would still question this being the case. :eek:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Veiki

• Egger
« Reply #7 on: 04 Jul 2017, 21:01 »

Because nullsec is ultra relevant full of powerful mega demigods who totally aren't under DED monitoring, have to purchase all their infrastructure related to sovereignty from CONCORD and assist the Assembly mandate of keeping crime in check by offering bounties on designated outlaw factions for nullsec capsuleers by offering ISK which costs as much as changing a few entries on an electronic database since the currency is a digital fiat they control via the SCC.

But hey let's not let small details like that deter people from the reality that if all your power is tied to ISK and the hydrostatic implants then the SCC can delete your bank balance at a stroke, revoke your license, and deny that sweet QE He4 your brain juice needs either.
« Last Edit: 04 Jul 2017, 21:03 by Gesakaarin »

Ria Nieyli

• Delicate Feminine Flower
  • Egger
« Reply #8 on: 29 Nov 2017, 13:41 »

Imagine the outcry if people get banned en masse for saying "fuck concord" though.

And lately, a big part of sov related infrastructure has been coming from Upwell. Sure, you need to have to hold sov to build supers, but not to use them, and a keepstar is just as important.

Sov bills towards concord are a piece of lore that looks like it's borne out of game mechanics and needs tobe revised.

P.S. We've had capsuleers breaking concord directives for a long while, and concord has done nothing. Ghost sites, remember those and the moratorium issued by concord? Nobody has gotten banned for doing those yet. That time people dissected a drifter? A paltry plex bounty. The narrative that concord is all-powerful is just a badly stitched fable at this point.
« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2017, 13:44 by Ria Nieyli »

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #9 on: 12 Sep 2019, 10:45 »

There are very few capsuleers relative to the  total human population.  My head Cannon is that every capauleer is assigned a live agent to watch them -  much like the Watchers in the 90s TV series 'Highlander.'
You are RPing wrong.