Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kiaor was a notable Minmatar historical figure attributed with saying, "Those whom you hate so fervently, you must have once loved so deeply."

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Rumors! Gossip! Tabloids!  (Read 50307 times)

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
Re: Rumors! Gossip! Tabloids!
« Reply #135 on: 28 Nov 2018, 11:41 »

Origin Observer

Origin↔Destination (O↔D) Under Investigation, Intersystem Flights Suspended Following Security Breach
Office of Special Surveillance - 120.11.28

During a brief press conference today, Ché Biko, CEO of the Origin↔Destination transport company, revealed that at least one person had gained unauthorized access into Origin by bribing one or more of his pilots, and that he would launch an investigation to see which pilots are responsible, and whether it was an isolated incident or not. Biko closed his opening statement with "In the meantime, OD shuttles will not be allowed to enter or exit Origin without my express permission." after which he took some questions from the assembled press.
When asked whether this breach in system security was related to the attack on the Office of Special Surveillance last week, he responded. "This seems unlikely, as the breach took place after the attack." When asked about the identity of the intruder Biko declined to reveal it, but did say he knows who it is, and that "there's no indication that the intruder had malevolent intentions. I don't consider this particular intruder a risk as much as the breach itself. The next intruder may have malevolent intentions however...so this should not happen."

At this moment it is not certain how this will affect Biko's growing popularity. It had been in a steady rise since he became one of the most visible advocates for the Decentralizers. It took a dive during the visit from the Emissary of the Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque, when he was leading the diplomatic talks, but following the so-called 'Fall of Origin', it rose to unprecedented levels, and he was recently promoted to Coordinator within Alexylva Paradox.
Some of the citizens watching the conference expressed disappointment in the fact that the security breach was found in Biko's own transport company, but most still had trust in him because he seemed forthcoming and honest about the incident.
-OOChé

Armast Darkar

• Clonejack
« Reply #136 on: 18 Dec 2018, 15:10 »

Tanoo - San Matar - Derelik
Tanoo V - Moon 1 - Ammatar Consulate Bureau
Tanoo Proclaimer, a subsidiary of Amarr Certified News

Rumors are circulating of possible high-level discussions regarding The Ghosts of Kahah, a terrorist organization led by infamous Ammatar Armast Darkar. Representatives from a number of Ammatar business interests with ties to Tsula Plantations have disembarked at the Ammatar Consulate Bureau. An anonymous source from within the talks revealed that "discussions were taking place" regarding a prominent member of The Ghosts of Kahah. When pressed if the "discussions" were negotiations for amnesty, the source declined to make further remarks. We will continue to keep our loyal and faithful readers apprised of the situation and urge our readership to engage in prayer and fasting for the safe deliverance of Lord Khalil Numayr, a Holder loyal to His Grace Lord Arim Ardishapur, as well as to an end to the conflicts besetting our Empire.

Comments

Holy Ammatar 21:10: I, for one, believe it is time that this Darkar turn himself in. He is a disgrace to all true Ammatar and threatens to undo the work we have done for decades.

Anono  21:11: furst p... 2nd post!

Rise Up! 21:15: The Amarr are driving us out of Thebeka because they don't respect us. Why should we support them? Prayer and fast for independence NOW!!!

MIO Moderator 21:20: Locking thread.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #137 on: 02 Jan 2019, 23:40 »

The following statement was released by the Numayr Family approximately one week prior to the uprisings on Thebeka and the disappearance of Lord Numayr.

A Statement by the Court of the Honorable Numayr Family of Numayriyah
Regarding the Trial of Samira Kernher

The noble House of Numayr declares this day, the third of December in the 120th year since the Yoiul Conference, that the woman known as Samira Kernher is convicted of the following crimes within the lands of Numayriyah:

• Engaging in and promoting false teachings against the right traditions of the Imperial Rite of Faith as divinely revealed to the people of Amarr by the Lord,
  • Producing blasphemous libel against Her Imperial Majesty Catiz I, Empress of Holy Amarr, the Theology Council, and the institution of Blessed Servitude, and
  • Producing seditious libel and promoting the cause of insurrection against Holy Amarr, the rightful rule of Her Imperial Majesty Catiz I, and the rightful rule of the Holder and those otherwise the convicted's superior in station.

Henceforth, Samira Kernher is declared Heretic and Traitor, and stripped from the rolls of personhood. From this time forth, no person carrying her blood may step foot in the lands of Numayriyah, on penalty of enslavement or death.

Any person that can produce information that leads to the successful capture of this heretic will be awarded one hundred thirty million Numayriyan bashics.

This sentence is set forth and declared in effect by,

Naser Shariati, Chancellor of the Numayr Family

on behalf of,

Lord Khalil Heshmat Numayr, Holder of Numayriah on Amarr's Holy World of Thebeka III

witnessed by,

Maleeha Baddour, representing the Ardishapur Family
Justice Selissa Behmatau of the Theology Council
Ordinator Jasad Catirdus of the Ministry of Internal Order
Lord Caul Tol-Sarpol, representing the Tol-Sarpol Family
Adila Numayr, Governor of Dam-Sertene
Murad Numayr, Governor of Dabara
Lord Consort Aldrith Ter’neth Newelle, representing the Newelle Family
Aladri Khatagi, representing the Chakaid Family

Official Numayr Family records would keep a copy of the statement, and local news sources dealing in courtly politics for the Numayr Family or on Amarr capsuleers would likely have reported on it. It is said that, during the proceedings, Samira rejected an offer from Lord Numayr to recant her heresies in return for the Numayr Family's protection against the Chakaids.
« Last Edit: 10 Jan 2019, 09:49 by Samira Kernher »

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
« Reply #138 on: 03 Jan 2019, 00:37 »

I would greatly encourage people to use this thread as well so people who are not on backstage can get involved as well.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #139 on: 03 Jan 2019, 20:44 »

The following statement was released by the Numayr Family approximately one week prior to the uprisings on Thebeka and the disappearance of Lord Numayr.

A Statement by the Court of the Honorable Numayr Family of Numayriyah
Regarding the Trial of Samira Kernher

The noble House of Numayr declares this day, the third of December in the 120th year since the Yoiul Conference, that the woman known as Samira Kernher is convicted of the following crimes within the lands of Numayriyah:

• Engaging in and promoting false teachings against the right traditions of the Imperial Rite of Faith as divinely revealed to the people of Amarr by the Lord,
  • Producing blasphemous libel against Her Imperial Majesty Catiz I, Empress of Holy Amarr, the Theology Council, and the institution of Blessed Servitude, and
  • Producing seditious libel and promoting the cause of insurrection against Holy Amarr, the rightful rule of Her Imperial Majesty Catiz I, and the rightful rule of the Holder and those otherwise the convicted's superior in station.

Henceforth, Samira Kernher is declared Heretic and Traitor, and stripped from the rolls of personhood. From this time forth, no person carrying her blood may step foot in the lands of Numayriyah, on penalty of enslavement or death.

Any person that can produce information that leads to the successful capture of this heretic will be awarded one hundred thirty million Numayriyan bashics.

This sentence is set forth and declared in effect by,

Naser Shariati, Chancellor of the Numayr Family

on behalf of,

Lord Khalil Heshmat Numayr, Holder of Numayriah on Amarr's Holy World of Thebeka III

witnessed by,

Maleeha Baddour, representing the Ardishapur Family
Justice Selissa Behmatau of the Theology Council
Ordinator Jasad Catirdus of the Ministry of Internal Order
Adila Numayr, Governor of Dam-Sertene
Murad Numayr, Governor of Dabara
Lord Consort Aldrith Ter’neth Newelle, representing the Newelle Family
Aladri Khatagi, representing the Chakaid Family

Official Numayr Family records would keep a copy of the statement, and local news sources dealing in courtly politics for the Numayr Family or on Amarr capsuleers would likely have reported on it. It is said that, during the proceedings, Samira rejected an offer from Lord Numayr to recant her heresies in return for the Numayr Family's protection against the Chakaids.

Don't feel bad about the whole heresy thing, dear. There's plenty of room at the bottom :P

j/k this looks interesting! Any threads on IGS or similar I can peek at to follow developments ?

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
« Reply #140 on: 13 Jan 2019, 13:17 »

New Hueromont City Hall – Main Conference Hall – 13-01-YC121

Mizhir Devara steps up on the podium. Additionally on the stage are Catherine Gillot, representatives from The City of New Hueromont, as well as personnel from Devara Biotech.

Ladies and Gentlemen. Citizens of Hueromont. Many of you may have been wondering what has been going on with the new island just outside New Hueromont Harbour.

A large hologram shows a live feed from the construction of an artificial island.

But today, you will have to wonder no more, as it is my great honour to announce the New Texel Biomedical Research Centre.

The hologram switches to showing an animation of the research centre.

Mizhir remains silent for a moment to let the audience study the image. The hall is filled with applause. As the hall calms down again, Mizhir continues:

When my beloved Catherine…

Mizhir turns her look at Catherine and sends her a smile, and then returns her attention to her crowd:

…When Catherine brought me to Hueromont, I quickly fell in love with the city. It became my second home in no time, but as a capsuleer and the owner of Devara Biotech, it has been hard for me to find the time to spend in this wonderful city. This sparked an idea: Why not build a research centre here?

Hueromont is a city that combines the history and culture of Old Hueromont with the modern Gallente society of New Hueromont, both being beacons of our Federation’s core values. It is thereby a great honour for me to be a part of this city, and I am thrilled that with this project, we will develop Hueromont into an academic leader as some of the most cutting-edge biomedical research will take place right over there!

Mizhir points in the direction of the harbour. The hall is once against filled with applause.

And when I say cutting-edge, biomedical research, I mean it! The Devara Biotech Centre of Xenobiology will be moved to New Texel. So Hueromont will be the place in the Federation when it comes to Drifter Physiology Research.

The audience applauds even louder this time, and Mizhir basks in the positive attention. The hologram shows several images from various Drifter Research projects. Including an image from the original Drifter Autopsy

The centre also serves another purpose. In addition to the research facility, we will also build an Entertainment & Education centre in New Hueromont city. The purpose will be to promote science, especially biomedicine, to the next generations. I want to help grow the curiosity of the children of the New Hueromont so they will become the next great scientists.

The hologram shows animations of the Entertainment & Education centre. The audience applauds.

I will now pass the word to Dr. Camina, who will lead the New Texel project. She will tell you more about what the project will bring.

Mizhir bows and steps off the podium. The audience applauds, and one of the Devara Biotech representatives steps up and talks more about the project. Afterwards, representatives from the City of New Hueromont talk about what the project means for the city.

Tressith_Sefira

« Reply #141 on: 13 Jan 2019, 17:27 »

I love this, Mizhir! This is wonderful!

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
« Reply #142 on: 15 Jan 2019, 09:11 »

Thank you  :cube:

Ioannis_Sepphiros

• Clonejack
« Reply #143 on: 05 Mar 2019, 07:40 »

Ithaca Entertainment! article YC 04/03/121

The contributions of Ithaca-raised business mogul and capsuleer Ioannis Sepphiros to his respective home world are not unfamiliar to those who follow the man and the region. But Ioannis, having launched an interstellar effort under the name Rhea Initiative, and dealing with SICH itself, hasn’t been seen in a while in Ithaca.

Until yesterday, that is, when our journalists learned he was onboard a shuttle coming from Pator… with a woman. In typical fashion and with the highest efficiency that marks our news agency, dear readers, our drones and journalists were all over the city; and in a battle against the clock we were ready to capture the couple’s entry to Ithaca.

Indeed, Ioannis Sepphiros and his guest landed on top of Sapphire Tower in downtown Ithaca and my oh my the woman in the red dress was presented for a moment to one of our drones hovering in the distance. What we thought was mere gossip was actually confirmed when one of our drones, prior to getting fried to destruction by Tower security, caught an intimate moment of the couple kissing each other!

Speculation was booming in the circles and everyone was trying to cross-check who the woman was! Is she just a baseliner or a capsuleer? Will this turn out to be like his last endeavors to women’s hearts? How long have they they together? Who made her awesome dress?!

Everything was put to rest when later that evening in Sapphire Pearl, the biggest and grandest venue in Ithaca, when Ioannis Sepphiros and Melisma Ramijozana made their first appearance together. All the spotlights were on them of course, and the couple indulged the public view, being intimate and openly conceding their serious relationship.

There is quite the speculation of how long the couple has been together. They seem so natural one to another and gossip sources say that the exquisite Melisma was presented to his family as well earlier that day, which launches a new set of speculative expectations!

- Dirone Baura, journalist for Ithaca Entertainment!

Menkalinan

• Clonejack
« Reply #144 on: 11 Mar 2019, 18:22 »

Commercially independent and hard hitting Gallente journalism here and here.
Keeping up with the Menkalinans: Auriga - Callisto - Orpheus.

Armast Darkar

• Clonejack
« Reply #145 on: 19 Mar 2019, 03:59 »

Tanoo - San Matar - Derelik
Tanoo V - Moon 1 - Ammatar Consulate Bureau
Tanoo Proclaimer, a subsidiary of Amarr Certified News

The resurfacing of attainted heretic Armast Darkar has led to disquiet in some corners of Tanoo and other systems within the San Matar constellation of the Derelik region. After Darkar made a public comment about the notorious slaver Orlon Zashev, who recently escaped Ministry of Internal Order custody on Thebeka III, his comments and insinuations drew condemnation from Sa-Baron Alar Chakaid, the plenipotentiary of His Royal Majesty King Farokh Khanid III. It is unclear why Darkar chose now to step back into the public sphere after his humiliating and complete defeats at Thebeka, but several law enforcement sources have reason to believe Darkar was securing members of his family in the intervening months. As there are no indications that members of the Darkar family have already left the Ammatar Mandate or even his home planet of Tanoo II, authorities suspect that Darkar may take this opportunity to smuggle his family to the Minmatar Republic given the tragic state of affairs in Aridia. It is likely they are being harbored by sympathetic, though misguided clergy of the Ammatar Church. We urge our loyal and faithful readers to report any suspicious individuals to the relevant authorities.

Darkar has now raised a call for a "general strike" throughout the Ammatar Mandate even as the Royal Khanid Navy and Amarr 7th Fleet respond to Blood Raider aggression in the system of Anath, in the region of Aridia. Furthermore, with the Order of Saint Tetrimon assuming responsibility for investigating the escape of Orlon Zashev and with the Ministry of Internal Order subject to review of Royal Heir Lord Arrach Sarum, the call arrives at a time of great uncertainty and upheaval affecting Imperial law enforcement bodies. Through prayer, fasting, and dedication to our labor, we join with the rest of Holy Amarr in praying for a swift resolution to the challenges facing our Empire.

While many experts agree that a "general strike" would have limited impact on the economy of the Mandate, others have expressed concerns at the specific occupations that were addressed by Darkar. "Although there have been great strides in the last decade to develop the Mandate industrially, the agricultural and shipping sectors still make up large portions of regional economic activity," says Semdin Alebdi, Visiting Professor of Economics at the Ammatar Consulate Academy in Khankenirdia, "The tsula plant has symbolic importance to the Ammatar but if fields go untended, the consequences could be dire for corporations such as Nurtura and Tsula Plantations. But let's say every field hand is still working, well, without dockhands and longshoremen to load their goods, the produce would have to sit in storage or worse, spoil. But let's say that every field hand and every longshoremen shows up to work, well, without Ammatar Consulate clerks to process distribution license renewals, collect customs fees and taxes, and to review cargo manifests, trade throughout Derelik would just grind to a halt. In other words, the 'general strike' specifically targets production, distribution, and the bureaucracy that keeps everything afloat."

"Professor Alebdi's analysis is fearmongering at its worst," said Bashan Palsela, who runs a freight company that services the Derelik region, "First of all, everything he says is a hypothetical worst-case scenario. Second of all, plenty of Ammatar outright despise Armast Darkar. The Empress has declared he isn't even Ammatar anymore and that's more than good enough for me and my employees. End of story."

The Tanoo Proclaimer will continue to keep our loyal and faithful readers apprised as the situation develops. May Armast Darkar and all heretics who would threaten the sanctity of Holy Amarr be brought to justice!

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
« Reply #146 on: 25 Apr 2019, 04:04 »

Hueromont Herald - 24.04.121

Shooting outside the Vherokior Community Centre
Seven people dead and more injured as shooters opened fire earlier today outside the Vherokior Community Centre in Old Hueromont. The target was capsuleer Mizhir Devara, known for the New Texel project. Dr Devara’s personal security force, known as the Revenants, quickly dealt with the attackers killing six of them before they retreated. One bystander stuck in the crossfire has been declared dead and a few more have been injured. Footage shows Dr Devara herself was struck by Three bullets but was brought into safety in her shuttle. Her status is still unknown.

The shooters were allegedly a Mannar street gang however the motivation for the attack remains unknown. Speculations suggest that Devara’s presence in the city also extends to the black market, thus making this an attempt to scare her off. According to the Vherokior Community Centre Devara was on her way there to talk with the Mystic council about projects to improve the health of lower-class Vherokiors in the city.

Two of the Revenants guarding the outside of the Vherokior Community Centre as technicians are working on the crimescene

We have been unable to reach Dr Devara, however her lawyer has given the following statement:
It is a sad day for all of us. An innocent woman was killed one her way to her daily meditation in the temple and several more injured. Mizhir expresses her deepest sympathy for the victims of this horrible attack and she will cover the medical expenses and help the family left behind of the woman who was killed. In addition, she condemns the actions of these shooters and would instead offer a dialogue with them, so no more blood will be spilled.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]