Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That ship crews only perform cleanup, maintenance, and lower-order operations on ships? (The Burning Life p 31)

Author Topic: Let me show you the world in my eyes  (Read 705 times)

Miyoshi Akachi

• Wetgraver
Let me show you the world in my eyes
« on: 30 Oct 2017, 14:25 »

Hello everyone, one more entry for YC 119 Pod and Planet Fiction Contest!
Just one more, just a few more words... I'd like to submit this for the A Thousand Suns - Very Short Fiction category.

Hope you enjoy!

Photo by Daniil Kuželev on Unsplash

Let me show you the world in my eyes

Let me show you the world in my eyes.

Everything blurred around, only that blue iris remaining and growing... growing... growing...

From the darkness fades back a urban playground, if playground can be said so. The city is ruined, smokes trails up from wild fires while rubbles and wrecks dot the streets. Windows are broken, there is no light in the buildings nor in the streets. And there is silence. Eerie as it is, a hell of concrete in complete silence.

The view shift, from left to right, more ruins and wrecks. The view shift down and gloved hands appear, hands holding a black assault rifle. A black rifle? The silence is torn like fabric as shots ring between the dead concrete walls. The views ducks and runs as it shifts to the sides, looking for shelter close to ruined buildings.

The view shift again, soldiers in the street moving from cover to cover. Dead bodies laying in the street. What's this? What's happening?

From the darkness fades back a frozen compound. Where had the ruined city disappeared? Wind howls in the ears, there is no silence, it's difficult to hear the shots flying around over the knocking wind. The views shift closer, it feels like flying, closer and closer to the white covered compound. White stained with blood and wrecks. Troops on the ground and in the air, turrets spitting fire and darkening the white cover, explosions resonating through the air as the battle rages on and on and on.

The view vibrate and then it's free fall. The ground comes closer and closer and closer...

From the darkness fades back the stars. What about the frozen compound? Silence once again, silence dotted by the rumor of machines doing their work. The humming of energy flowing through... through a ship? Are they flying... in space? The view shift again, the beauty of the cluster with it's multicolored nebulae unfolds itself.

This is completely different from before... it's beautiful... Alarms blare and the view vibrates heavily, what's now?! The view shift, another ship is coming closer. Energy beams flows from the opponent toward the view, pain starts growing and growing. Fight back! Fight... back... the pain is unbearable, the view vibrates...

Blinding lights from above. A hospital room, as clean as possible in stark white. The view wobbles before setting and slowly growing to look at the doctor in white coat rushing to the side. A garbled flow of words and sounds comes, the view wobble again and again.

Something isn't right... something is... wrong.

The view blurs. No good, there should be no blur after living again and again and... again.

Sounds comes frenetic, something is... wrong.

Darkness starts gathering and seeping in the view that collapse, looking up to the bright ceiling.

Not... another... view?

Darkness closes on the view but nothing fades back. Only darkness.

A scream of a woman. Full of pain. And anguish.

- - - < > - - -

Thank you for reading!