Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Rimpon, an ovoid, golden coloured fruit with a tart taste, was invented by player Matariki Rain, and has since made an appearance in a number of player-created fictions?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: EveGate: does anyone use it, or is it just me?  (Read 3637 times)

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
Re: EveGate: does anyone use it, or is it just me?
« Reply #15 on: 03 Jul 2010, 15:14 »

OOC or IC? no one much uses is, so you can set the trend.

The reason I ask is that if it's IC, you're not going to see anything posted from me anyway because mine is restricted to corpmates and close friends.

And I don't really do OOC status updates.

If there are other people out there thinking the same way, you might not be seeing stuff for reasons other than nobody using it
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Tomahawk Bliss

• Cut Yo' Face
  • Clonejack
« Reply #16 on: 03 Jul 2010, 15:32 »

the mail is useful, i will do calendar items once in a while.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #17 on: 03 Jul 2010, 21:05 »

I played around with the updates features when it first came out, mostly nonserious joking stuff (like publicly bemoaning the collossal headache that POS refueling day is). At the moment, I'm resigned to using it as an out-of-game contact system - i.e., for if my CEO ever goes away and forgets to tell us the new POS password again...
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Isobel Mitar

• Egger
« Reply #18 on: 04 Jul 2010, 13:38 »

In our corp, several people use it, and it is assumed to be IC. I have no way of knowing which feeds are public and which restricted, though.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #19 on: 04 Jul 2010, 15:12 »

In our corp, several people use it, and it is assumed to be IC. I have no way of knowing which feeds are public and which restricted, though.

This is one reason I'm hesitent to use it. With my blog (and yes, I know my blog has been largely untouched for a couple of months now) I can clearly mark things OOC knowledge only.

Keeping in mind, certain things might be better not to announce at all (some people are probably OCD enough to look through all your feeds in search of that one kernel of intel).
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #20 on: 04 Jul 2010, 17:49 »

People who discuss serious intel on their blogs or status updates really don't get EVE, IMO. Then again, I'm not the sort of person to get upset about some RPer "using" any IC bits from my blog against me, either -- I don't put stuff out there I really don't want others to know.

FWIW, I generally treat my EVE Gate updates like I treat Twitter and my blog: primarily OOC, with IC flavor once in a great whlie.

Isobel Mitar

• Egger
« Reply #21 on: 05 Jul 2010, 02:30 »

One thing I feel is good to keep in mind about public stuff is that while people from RP communities might respect the OOC / IC divide and try to firewall information their character should not know, non-roleplayers most likely won't. The divide does not exist for them.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #22 on: 05 Jul 2010, 02:32 »

Start tagging status updates with [IC] or [OOC] or something? I dunno.

I've never really used the thing for explicitly IC status updates for Morwen, but I might start. Who knows.

Mostly using it for mail, myself, but checking the calendar every now and then is nice, just in case someone posted something I'd want to see that I might have missed ingame.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Graanvlokkie

« Reply #23 on: 05 Jul 2010, 04:59 »

I use Evegate a lot while in the office for sending mails. Occasionally I do a status update, which is mainly OOC with an IC flavour.

The only thing really unique about it is the status updates, which should be accessible/viewable in game without logging into Evegate in my opinion. It would make the feature more likely to be used. Not everyone sits in an office all day like me.

On the IC/OOC information question, I always assume anything I write under the name “Graanvlokkie” is IC information unless expressly stated otherwise, but that’s a whole new debate. I did notice a thread on the IGS where a I-RED members status update was used against them in an argument about their policies though.

Saxon Hawke

• Omelette
    • Free Intaki
« Reply #24 on: 06 Jul 2010, 12:21 »

Like a lot of others, I use it for the mail, but not for status updates. I can't even be bothered to update my Facebook status half the time.
Pages: 1 [2]